inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What was the worst year in your life?

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/02/08 at 2:08 pm

To me...2007, hands down.

I couldn't find a job, my grandfather died, my brother broke-up with a woman that has been together for a very long time, I lost my satelite service, and nothing happened. :(

Subject: Re: What was the worst year in your life?

Written By: Bladerunner on 02/02/08 at 6:42 pm

2005 for reasons i don't feel like getting into.

Written By: Tia on 02/02/08 at 6:46 pm

Written By: Cheetara on 02/02/08 at 8:16 pm

1996... no doubt the worst

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/02/08 at 8:19 pm

can I pick an entire decade? If so..it would be the 2000's so far. Seriously though, 2007 was the worst.

Written By: Tia on 02/02/08 at 8:21 pm

1996... no doubt the worst
oo yeah, 96 was a clunker for me also.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/02/08 at 8:53 pm

Well, 2007 sucked the big one for me.  I don't know if it qualifies as the worst, though.

Written By: audkal on 02/02/08 at 9:38 pm

2006 hands down.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/02/08 at 9:42 pm

Hard to pin down one year, but 2004 was an exceedingly bad year for me.

Ant

Written By: wildcard on 02/02/08 at 9:57 pm

2003 is when I lost my hearing and had to stop going to college and that was my suckest year.   

Written By: Tia on 02/03/08 at 11:43 am

1981-82 kinda blew, we just moved to DC from houston and i was in sixth grade and didn't have any friends. :(

the videogames and D&D were cool though. ;D

Written By: Jessica on 02/03/08 at 11:47 am

This year is shaping up to suck: medical problems in my family, having no money, and the car acting like a dickweed.

Now if we don't make it back to California this summer, I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/03/08 at 12:51 pm

Cat

Written By: coqueta83 on 02/03/08 at 7:33 pm

1998.  :(

Written By: blabla8 on 02/04/08 at 3:34 am

Every year from late 2001 to early 2008.
But, seriously:

2002 - one of my grandmothers died. Before that I lost my true friends, because I moved to another school. In the new school one boy threw rocks at me once. I became socially isolated after being sort of cool until 6 grade. I became a news and TV junkie and that crapped my social life. I didn't know that the reason for my life becoming sheeshty (sorry) can be a small thing like TV. However, it is. I became socially anxious because of that and currently have no friends. Until the last week I watched almost every show on most popular TVs. As of now, I am still fighting with my Internet and TV addiction. Internally I know that I am naturally predisposed for social life (e.g. parties, cafees, discos, going out, even pubs).

Written By: Davester on 02/04/08 at 5:30 am

TV and internet addiction, yikes...

Just wondering how old you are, blabla8...

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 02/04/08 at 6:35 am

2000- It brings back to many bad memories to talk about.

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/04/08 at 11:55 am

I never had a whole year really bad. In 2000 there were 6 awful months,in 2006 the last 4 months sucked big time...but the last 6 months of 2007 take the cake,i never knew i could go through so much sheesh :o

Written By: Bobby on 02/17/08 at 5:39 pm

Sorry to hear you had a bad time of it last year, Mr Cleveland. Here's hoping this year is going to be a better one for you. :)

Hmmmm . . . I've had some challenging years but I think 1996 - 1997 were most probably the worst for me by far.

Written By: Tam on 02/19/08 at 1:05 am

Sorry to hear you had a bad time of it last year, Mr Cleveland. Here's hoping this year is going to be a better one for you. :)

Hmmmm . . . I've had some challenging years but I think 1996 - 1997 were most probably the worst for me by far.

Holy Crap! :o
I have missed you my friend!!!! :-*

For me - 1984 - 1987

Written By: Bobby on 02/21/08 at 3:13 pm

Holy Crap! :o
I have missed you my friend!!!! :-*

For me - 1984 - 1987

I missed you too girly. :)

1984 - 1987 were good years for me (what I could remember of them). It just goes to show time is an abstract commodity often based on bygone emotional response.

Written By: Max Power on 02/21/08 at 3:15 pm

Written By: Bobby on 02/21/08 at 3:19 pm

If you don't mind me asking, Max Power, why was that?

Written By: Marty McFly on 02/24/08 at 10:05 pm

Depends on things relative to the time they were actually going on. But I know that late 1989 to early '91 was a hard time for me (the death of one of my grandmas, my parents losing money and having to go back to work, us moving to a smaller house and kinda having to "start life over" again).

Later on, the mid '90s was hard too, especially 1995. My parents separated for a couple years and I lived with my mom, often moving around or changing schools...and also we sometimes lived with her on and off again jerkoff boyfriend.

Since I've been "older", I know Summer of 1998 was hard (realizing I was getting a bit older and still didn't have really any permanent friends), and again 2001 was hard since I was suddenly out of high school and not sure what I wanted to do with my life. Too many dreams and not enough direction or confidence. 2006 was kinda hard for the same reasons too, feeling like I was in a crossroads and I didn't like not being "young" young anymore. I feel like it's starting to finally turn up again though since late '07.

Check for new replies or respond here...