inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Message Boards....Are Ya Hooked

Written By: 66drivein on 02/06/08 at 5:47 pm

Sorry if this a double post.

I put this in this forum because we're a little late getting on the Information SuperHighway.

After I got the hang of surfing the net I came across message boards. I thought to myself, how boring.
Three years later I'm a message board junkie.

The anticipation of turning on my computer, the building excitement as my homepage pops up. I'm almost there. My hand starts to quiver a little as I move the mouse to my Bookmarks.
I feel such a rush almost euphoric as the desired board loads and the sweet release as I login............WHOA!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering if anyone else has an addiction to message boards.
I gotta have a smoke.

Subject: Re: Message Boards....Are Ya Hooked

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/06/08 at 6:57 pm

Oh definitely!  It really is my only social interaction, I'm really shy in "real-life" but less so online (for some unknown reason) so 90% of the people I call friends are from message boards online.  After awhile you kinda get to "know" people, and even when you are offline you will think about them.  I know I check in to this one in particular a couple times a day (depending on how busy my life is at the moment.)  I do hang out regularly on 3 others though.  Maybe I should get counseling for message board addiction...but like... it'd have to online counseling or it just wouldn't work for me.  :D

Written By: Tia on 02/06/08 at 7:55 pm

yeah i got it pretty bad. but now i'm all into youtube, which is like a multimedia message board. in fact, something that combined the functionality of a messageboard -- with the same group of people with whom you posted and conversed -- combined wth youtube type functionality would probably have a certain appeal.

i'm chained to a computer all day at the office so i sorta have an excuse. sorta. :-[

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/06/08 at 8:03 pm

No, absolutely not.  OK maybe a little. ::)

Written By: 66drivein on 02/06/08 at 8:29 pm

I'm on 9 other boards so when things slow down on one I jump over to one of the others.
One board is my favorite, it's for active duty and Navy veterans.

I understand friends online. I have a number of them on the Navy board. Some I served with and some I've never met.
But I do like message boards. They're cool 8)

Written By: whistledog on 02/06/08 at 10:18 pm

I belong to many messageboards, but this place is my home, and I am here so much, I often forget to visit all the others that I belong to :-[

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/09/08 at 11:51 am

I spend most days-ALL day right here. Oh yeah, I do other things (research and such) but I always have at least 1 window open to this place. I don't think I could live without Inthe00s.

Am I addicted? If I said no, I will also try to sell you a bridge in Brooklyn, too. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Cat

Written By: star80 on 02/09/08 at 2:37 pm

Yes, I must admit I am a Message Board Junkie, but I only visit two right now; Somedays I just completely avoid my office, so I can get other things done that I need to instead of playing on here.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/09/08 at 3:24 pm

This is the only board I inhabit and like it just fine....and yes I'm hooked  :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/08 at 5:13 pm

More than hooked, it is a way of life for me. I used to belong to several boards, but his one has takenover from them all.

Written By: Bladerunner on 02/14/08 at 5:56 pm

I started using message boards in the year 2000 and I got hooked, but I'd have to say around mid-late 2004 is when I kind of drifted away from them. I still use them, I'm just not a fanatic :p

I miss vBulletin 2.0.x being around =/

Check for new replies or respond here...