inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Have you ever met any celebrities?

Written By: chatterbox on 02/08/08 at 12:39 pm

I can sing well, I join a singing show in my school and I've won a couple of singing competitions. When I was 11, Pink came to Riga with a concert. I saw her after concert and asked for her autogreph. I told her I wanna be a singer too when I'll gro w up. She laughed and asked me to sing and then asked for my autograph ;D It's true ;)
My mom has met CC Catch, and my boyfriend's mom (she lives in Jamaica) has a sister, Lakeesha, who kissed with Marlon Jackson in the 70s during Jackson's 5 tour.
Have you ever met any celebrities?

Subject: Re: Have you ever met any celebrities?

Written By: McDonald on 02/09/08 at 6:09 pm

I met Bret Easton Ellis in Dallas. He is one of my favourite authors and I have followed his work very closely for years, so it was a real high point to meet him, speak to him and of course get him to sign all the books.

Written By: snozberries on 02/09/08 at 6:30 pm

ugh the list is long... I have met tons of Celebs so I will only list the ones I actually had a conversation with.

~Jodie Foster although really the encouter was more stammering than a conversation... I think I scared her  :-\\
~The cast of Any Day Now... hands down one of my favorite nights! All were very cool (Annie Potts wasn't there though) Donzaleigh Abernathy took my breath away. Just standing next to her it was like all that history just welled up inside of me.
~Tyne Daly & Sharon Gless - during a celebration of the Cagney & Lacey DVD release
~Amy Brennenman (and her husband director Brad Silberling) during a Judging Amy event
~Melinda McCarthy (Sookey on Gilmore Girls) during a celebration of that show
~Gina Ravera (Det. Daniels on the Closer) she was super nice
~Rockmond Dunbar (C Note on Prison Break) he was cool.
~America Ferrera, Vanessa Williams, Ashley Jensen, Mark Indelicato, Eric Mabius, Becki Newton & Michael Urie cast from Ugly Betty
~Amber Benson (Tara) on  Buffy the Vampire Layer Slayer
~Linda Cardelini, Scott Grimes, Maura Tierny and Parminder Nagra during an ER event
~oh and the cast of Freaks and Geeks when my friend were invited to the cast party because we were dweebs hanging out after that event.
~Joss Whedon aka GOD... I mean the guy who created Buffy the Vampire Layer Slayer
~Jennifer Beals
~ Lynn Herring (Lucy Coe on GH) & Jon Robert Lindstrom (Kevin/Ryan Collins same show)
~Rena Sofer (Lois) also from GH
~Comedian Jen Kober. If you haven't heard of her you will. She has been on that late show Byron Allen does, comics unleashed. And also hosted a few of the movies that air on TBS. Check her out at jenlkober.com  or go to her myspace page for clips.  Jen to a heckler in the audience! "This isn't TV bitch I can hear you!"  ;D

The ones I've seen but didn't talk to...except maybe to get an few autographs
Cast of American Dreams
Cast of the OC
Cast of Smallville (Tom Welling is an ass)
Cast of Gilmore Girls twice
Cast of ER
Cast of Cagney & Lacey twice
Cast of Designing Women
Cast of Angel
Cast of Joan of Arcadia
Cast of General Hospital
Cast of Jerico
Cast of Lost
Cast of CSI: Las Vegas
Nancy Cartwright and Matt Groening (Simpsons)

I'm sure there are more but I can't come up with them right now...

by the way not bragging or anything...these people aren't my friends or anything its just a cool experience to have.

Written By: Lindee on 02/09/08 at 7:04 pm

I met at record store appearances (aka meet 'n greets):
Cheap Trick twice (1979 & 2006)
Ted Nugent (1977)
Supertramp (1979)
Boston (1979)
Head East (1978 or '79)

Shawn Micheals, wrestler from WWF (went w/ husband)

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/09/08 at 7:08 pm

I met Muhhamad Ali back in '96.  He and I were flying on the same airplane.  He was on his way back home from the '96 Summer Olympics opening ceremony.

I also once "met" Little Richard.  He was in front of me in line at the USAir counter at the Picksburgh airport.  Man, did he ever get pizzed off when the lady at the counter asked him for identification.  ;D

Written By: KELLY on 02/09/08 at 10:48 pm

SO COOL.  I MET VERNON FORREST < BOXER> AND BRETT mICHAELS, HE WAS SUPER NICE.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/10/08 at 12:54 am

SO COOL.  I MET VERNON FORREST < BOXER> AND BRETT mICHAELS, HE WAS SUPER NICE.

Was Bret wearing his bandanna?  Did he ask you if you would like to come withy him, and continue to rock his world?  ;)

Written By: whistledog on 02/10/08 at 1:27 am

I've met 2 (former) NHL Hockey players:  Kirk Muller and Norm Maracle

- Kirk used to live on my street, and I once played road hockey with him. 
- Norm is distantly related to me

Written By: Davester on 02/10/08 at 4:20 am

I went to high school with Green Day singer Billie Joe Armstrong...

Had a picture autographed by DeForest Kelley (Bones McCoy) at a convention in '85...

"Met" Eddie Money at Heavenly ski resort...

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/10/08 at 11:22 am

I met Bret Easton Ellis in Dallas. He is one of my favourite authors and I have followed his work very closely for years, so it was a real high point to meet him, speak to him and of course get him to sign all the books.

You lucky kid! I'm a fan too,he's he cool? I always had the feeling he would act like an asshole one on one ;D

Written By: Tia on 02/10/08 at 11:39 am

naomi klein signed my book a couple of months ago!  8) it was a little awkward because her book is called "the shock doctrine" so my friend was all, sign my book with a lightning bolt! draw a lightning bolt! when the book is actually about the horrors of electroshock torture and so this was in a bit of bad taste.  :-[

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/10/08 at 11:46 am

naomi klein signed my book a couple of months ago!  8) it was a little awkward because her book is called "the shock doctrine" so my friend was all, sign my book with a lightning bolt! draw a lightning bolt! when the book is actually about the horrors of electroshock torture and so this was in a bit of bad taste.  :-[

Were you trying to impress her and your friend ruined it for you?  :P

Written By: McDonald on 02/10/08 at 11:09 pm

You lucky kid! I'm a fan too,he's he cool? I always had the feeling he would act like an Ashcroft one on one ;D

No, he was way cool and down to earth. He didn't mind signing like 7 volumes. I told him I thought Lunar Park was his best writing yet, and he said something like 'hearing you say that has made my trip to Dallas worth it'. I also got to ask him a question as a member of the audience. It was a great night. He also mentioned to me while he was signing my books that he had written a screenplay for The Informers, which appears to have turned out well because the film has been shooting in South America, and Wynona Rider is in it.

Written By: whistledog on 02/10/08 at 11:15 pm

I forgot I also met Barry Dale, a former Canadian actor and host of a popular children's show called "Harrigan".  Long after that show got cancelled, he started up his own Pizza place called Godfather's that was like minutes from my house.  On the show "Harrigan", he played an Irishman and at the end of each show, he did this dance on top of a blarney stone.  One day on my way to school, I saw him and recognized him from the show, so I did the dance, and he gave me 5 bucks LOL

Others weren't so lucky after that as from what I heard, lots of people would try that, and he'd chase them out of the Pizza place with a broom ;D

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/11/08 at 6:52 pm

No, he was way cool and down to earth. He didn't mind signing like 7 volumes. I told him I thought Lunar Park was his best writing yet, and he said something like 'hearing you say that has made my trip to Dallas worth it'. I also got to ask him a question as a member of the audience. It was a great night. He also mentioned to me while he was signing my books that he had written a screenplay for The Informers, which appears to have turned out well because the film has been shooting in South America, and Wynona Rider is in it.

Ah that's great,i stil think American Psycho is his best,but Lunar Park is good too. Is there any of his books not made into a movie?btw i only like Less Than Zero,the other ones were so not about the books 8-P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/11/08 at 8:48 pm

I met Poison back in "88".

Met and had cookies and milk with Robert Mitchum at his summer house in Maryland when I was 12.

Met Peter Tork

Met former Presidential Candidate Bill Richardson

Was friends with Tristan Egolf (famous novelist) and his sister Gretchen Egolf (played Kate Vassar on Journeyman)

Written By: 66drivein on 02/11/08 at 8:54 pm

I met Clint Eastwood at Grand Prairie Municipal Airport (Texas) where he was getting a check ride in a helicopter in 1994.

Sally Fields on the set of Places in the Heart in Waxahachie Texas in 1983 or 84 Not too sure.

And met Vince Lombardi and Bart Star in 1967 on a third grade field trip to watch the Packers practice. Not in Texas this time. :)

Written By: McDonald on 02/11/08 at 10:00 pm

Ah that's great,i stil think American Psycho is his best,but Lunar Park is good too. Is there any of his books not made into a movie?btw i only like Less Than Zero,the other ones were so not about the books 8-P

The film Less than Zero had nothing at all to do with the book, except the title and the characters' names. Still a good movie though. I thought Rules of Attraction and American Psycho were good adaptations.

So far, only Glamourama and Lunar Park have not been adapted to film.

Written By: saver on 02/12/08 at 12:52 am

Once met Brad Renfro, and Sam Kinnison, and watched River Phoenix sing on the sidewalk in L.A.town....Oh HELL!....I'm a JINX!......(DANG IT!) ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/12/08 at 5:44 am

I met Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk).

Written By: McDonald on 02/12/08 at 9:40 am

I came so close to meeting Janet Reno. She was running for governor of FL and came to my high school. I was just outside the door about to walk into the room where she was holding the meet and greet, and this fat @sshole I knew pushed me out of the way and went in... and that made the maximum number of guests allowed, so I didn't get to meet her. I was so pissed off about that.

Written By: wsmith4 on 02/12/08 at 3:41 pm

I met Gloria Estefan when she did an outdoor concert for the Today Show in 1998 and got her autograph

I met Tori Amos at a "meet & greet" before her concert in Newark, DE in 1999

I also met Al Roker (the Today Show weatherman) in the lobby of the NBC building...introduced myself and shook his hand...that was cool!

Ran into Andy Dick in Times Square when i was in NY with my ex.  We talked to him for a few minutes...he was strange

Stood in line for Deborah Gibson's autograph in 2000.  She was pretty in person, and very friendly.  The guy in front of me asked her what it was like to not be relevant anymore...I felt bad for her :(

Maybe not really a celebrity, but I talked to one of the hosts on QVC...David somethingorother, he's gay and he was dancing right next to me at a club in Philadelphia...this was a few years ago... I asked him if he was on QVC and he said yeah, but didn't really seem to want to talk so I walked away.  I also ran into Lisa, another QVC host, at Lowe's one day with my mom and brother.  My mom was all star-struck...she loves QVC :)

Want to meet:

Madonna
Dolly Parton
Ina Garten
Paula Abdul

Written By: Dagwood on 02/12/08 at 3:55 pm

Once met Brad Renfro, and Sam Kinnison, and watched River Phoenix sing on the sidewalk in L.A.town....Oh HELL!....I'm a JINX!......(DANG IT!) ???

Note to self:  Never meet Saver. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 02/14/08 at 9:18 pm

Note to self:  Never meet Saver. ;)

;D

I was thinking... how do I throw and 00s get together (when I win the lotto) and keep saver at home!  ;)

Written By: gmann on 02/14/08 at 11:51 pm

Some of our friends in the UK may not appreciate this, but I met former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher when she spoke at my college. She seemed friendly enough. Much later, I interviewed Chicago Bears hall of famer Gayle Sayers. 

Written By: musicgirl on 02/21/08 at 12:13 am

I saw Lori Loughlin from Full House in New York City with her daughter and I believe her sister and niece.

Written By: KKay on 02/21/08 at 7:21 am

i met many through work and such.

i'll try to remember

Joyce Randolph
Carol Burnett
Alan Alda
Joan Rivers
elvis costello
John Doe

going blank.

Written By: Midas on 02/21/08 at 8:33 am

Had a brief conversation with Moby about DJing at a record signing.
Also rode a plane from Charlotte NC to LAX with George Clinton (Parliament, Funkadelic, "Atomic Dog") and the P-Funk All-Stars.  They were doing a show at USC.  He was cool and somewhat wasted, but managed to give me an autograph.  And talk about P-Funk! Phew!   8-P :D ;D

Written By: Bobby on 02/21/08 at 2:58 pm

The only celebrity I have met is the wrestler Jake 'The Snake' Roberts well past his prime, lol.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 02/21/08 at 3:05 pm

I've met actor Robert Hays (of the movie 'Airplane')...and I think that's about it!  :-\\

Written By: Bobby on 02/21/08 at 3:10 pm

I've met actor Robert Hays (of the movie 'Airplane')...and I think that's about it!  :-\\

Did he play the traumatised veteran who flew the plane after the crew got sick?

Written By: Dagwood on 02/21/08 at 3:55 pm

Did he play the traumatised veteran who flew the plane after the crew got sick?

That would be him.  I love those movies, they are hilarious. ;D

Written By: Bobby on 02/21/08 at 4:02 pm

That would be him.  I love those movies, they are hilarious. ;D

Airplane was genius! That bit where the guitar singing air-stewardess knocked out the ill girl's drip was brilliant! LOL!!!

Written By: Dagwood on 02/21/08 at 5:48 pm

I liked the Auto Pilot and the Auto Stewardess taking off at the end.

Written By: Bobby on 02/21/08 at 5:53 pm

I liked the Auto Pilot and the Auto Stewardess taking off at the end.

Ah yes, Otto the inflatable autopilot, lol. Great stuff.  ;D

Written By: malibumike65 on 02/21/08 at 8:45 pm

Speaking of "Airplane", I met Leslie Neilson in 1983 when he hosted a TV special from the new mall that just opened in our downtown. On a side note, in the late 90s, he was back in town for a performance at a local theater, and was at our local city market, signing autographs for a seafood place in exchange for free food I guess. My ex was walking with my daughter right by him, and my kid actually tripped over his feet. I wasn't there for that one, but from what I was told, he was really nice, and genuinely seemed concerned for my daughter. Seems almost impossible to believe that before the success of Airplane, he was actually known for some dramatic and creepy roles.

(I wonder if anybody calls him Shirley anymore? :D)

Written By: gumbypiz on 02/22/08 at 12:07 am

I worked at a eclectic music store in “Old Town” Pasadena, CA in the late '90's. Its just a bit northeast of LA and Hollywood. Lots of celebs and trendy people came into the area and the store.

Brief encounters with:
Robert DuVall – Shorter than I realized he would be, dressed really weird, light blue tux with dark blue piping (drunk), and a incredibly beautiful Amazon-tall Brazilian babe on his arm nearly a foot taller than he. He bought some jazz, Antonio Carlos Jobin, figures.

Bill Cosby – well barely, came in, late like 11:30pm, very quiet, shuffled through most of the jazz, approached him and asked him if he needed any help finding anything (the shop was directly over the famous jazz club “The Baked Potato” open/glass floor looked down to the stage) figured he was there for a show…

Carol O’Conner – Upon walking to the front door to open in the morning found a man taking great interest in the CD’s that were in the new release window, asked him if he needed help in finding anything and almost jumped out of my socks to see “Archie Bunker” looking at my new music window display. Asked him (stupidly) if he new who he was, he smiled and said he was just looking. Seemed like a cool guy…

Terence Trent D’Arby – OK, I know he’s not a celebrity now, but I guess when I met him, surfing through the trip-hop/drum n bass section in the store, he had already passed his prime anyway. Kind of a jerk, no one there, completely empty store at 4:30 in the fall, asked if he needed any help and immediately jumped in my face “No, no, please, don’t draw any attention to me, I’m just shopping, please don’t let “them” know I’m here”. I’m like “whatever” I was one of the few people in ’97 that still knew who you were after you last hit some 7 years ago. Complete ass…

Jennifer Aniston – Filming the flop film “Clockwatchers” at the next door bar, seemed nice enough shopped for some new age (George Winston stuff) crap. Her taste in music seemed a little lame but she was nice and seemed down to earth.

I met plenty of musicians, Tito Puente , Elvis Costello, Van Halen (Pasadena was their home base), and many, many others as they were passing though the area…

Oh, my aunt married James Roundtree, cousin of Richard Roundtree, so I related in some way to “Shaft”. Met him back in ’74 in NYC, but don’t remember anything of it.

Written By: Zeb on 03/11/08 at 8:36 pm

Wow...Jodie Foster, Gale Sayers, and Carol O'Conner!  This thread is making me very jealous 

Iowa football Coach Kirk Ferentz as well as Iowa and Olympic Champion wresting Coach Dan Gable at a Hawkeye booster club dinner back in 2002
Chicago Bears Defensive End Alex Brown. He signed my hat at a game in STL vs the Rams.
For a guy who loves sports as much as I do those were all very proud moments! 

Written By: DeutscherGirl on 03/13/08 at 3:53 pm

I met Denzel Washington on my 21st birthday. I was at the Hard Rock Cafe in Vegas with my best friend. The Hard Rock has traditions for birthdays, they get you up on the bar and everyone says happy birthday to you and all that, you get a free shot of Tequila, and all that good stuff. Well, the whole night the bartender kept telling me that Denzel Washington was here and I should go say hi to him. I kept telling the bartender that it was a nice try, but I'm not that drunk. I didn't believe him. I kept telling the guy that I didn't believe him, but he kept pointing over behind me. I basically said to him, look, there is no way you can make me believe that is Denzel Washington over there. I had been looking to where he was pointing when I said that, quite loudly, and guess what? Denzel Washington turns around at the sound of his name!!

I turned around again thinking "Oh s***!!! That really is Denzel!" I acted like a complete idiot from that point on. I called my mom to tell her who was there, and proceeded to ask what I should do. She told me to get an autograph. Then the girl who goes around taking pictures for everyone said to me that if I went up and asked for a picture with him, she'd take one of us together. Talk about being nervous. It looked like he was there with his whole family and having a good time. I didn't want to be the intrusive fan but I really wanted to meet him! So I had another shot, and went over to where he was sitting.

"Excuse me, Denzel, could I get a picture with you?"

"Sure sweetie, but how about in a little bit, I'll come see you before I leave."

"Ok, sounds good!" I turn to go back to my seat.

"No, hold on, hold on. I can't deny the birthday girl what she wants, come here and we'll take that picture."

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

I go over to him, put my arm around his shoulders and got my picture. I said thank you very much and gave him a kiss on the cheek before I left.

That is my celebrity meeting, and the best birthday I have ever had. Oh, and the picture is framed and sitting in my room still.  ;) :D

Baby

Written By: Dagwood on 03/13/08 at 4:15 pm

What a great birthday present.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/13/08 at 9:29 pm

I met Denzel Washington on my 21st birthday. I was at the Hard Rock Cafe in Vegas with my best friend. The Hard Rock has traditions for birthdays, they get you up on the bar and everyone says happy birthday to you and all that, you get a free shot of Tequila, and all that good stuff. Well, the whole night the bartender kept telling me that Denzel Washington was here and I should go say hi to him. I kept telling the bartender that it was a nice try, but I'm not that drunk. I didn't believe him. I kept telling the guy that I didn't believe him, but he kept pointing over behind me. I basically said to him, look, there is no way you can make me believe that is Denzel Washington over there. I had been looking to where he was pointing when I said that, quite loudly, and guess what? Denzel Washington turns around at the sound of his name!!

I turned around again thinking "Oh s***!!! That really is Denzel!" I acted like a complete idiot from that point on. I called my mom to tell her who was there, and proceeded to ask what I should do. She told me to get an autograph. Then the girl who goes around taking pictures for everyone said to me that if I went up and asked for a picture with him, she'd take one of us together. Talk about being nervous. It looked like he was there with his whole family and having a good time. I didn't want to be the intrusive fan but I really wanted to meet him! So I had another shot, and went over to where he was sitting.

"Excuse me, Denzel, could I get a picture with you?"

"Sure sweetie, but how about in a little bit, I'll come see you before I leave."

"Ok, sounds good!" I turn to go back to my seat.

"No, hold on, hold on. I can't deny the birthday girl what she wants, come here and we'll take that picture."

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

I go over to him, put my arm around his shoulders and got my picture. I said thank you very much and gave him a kiss on the cheek before I left.

That is my celebrity meeting, and the best birthday I have ever had. Oh, and the picture is framed and sitting in my room still.  ;) :D

Baby

that's so awesome! I love him...he seems so nice! :)

Written By: snozberries on 03/16/08 at 7:29 pm

I'm hanging out a reception with Judd Apatow and friends Monday night...unfortunately one of those friends is gonna be Andy Dick....

*must resist the urge to call him a dick*  (A. Dick....get it  ;D )

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/16/08 at 7:44 pm

At the Consumer Electronic Show in 1989, I met Harry Anderson (the dude from "Night Court"), he was selling video games.  I also met Lisa DeLeeuw and Vanessa Del Rio there, as a buddy of mine asked me to get their autographs for him.

Former West Virginia Governor Jay Rockerfeller once visited my office at work... said he liked the photographs I had on my wall.  ;D

Written By: tv on 03/16/08 at 7:51 pm

I met OJ Anderson(the former New York Giants and St. Louis/Phoenix Cardinals Running Back) at an autoshow and he signed an autograph for me with a picture of him on it. OJ seemed like a down to earth person. I met Leonard Marshall(the former New York Giants defensive end) last week, shook his hand and he signed the video cover of the New York Giants 1990 Super Bowl season that I had. Leonard seemed like an alright guy.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/20/08 at 9:30 pm

I met Amber Benson, the actress who played Tara, on Buffy, The Vampire Slayer, at a Sci-Fi convention center, in Toronto, and me and my friend, James, got her autograph.

It was the highlight or the whole day.

Anthony Daniels was there too, but the line up was too long, to get his autograph.

Written By: snozberries on 03/22/08 at 3:32 pm

I met Amber Benson, the actress who played Tara, on Buffy, The Vampire Slayer, at a Sci-Fi convention center, in Toronto, and me and my friend, James, got her autograph.

It was the highlight or the whole day.

Anthony Daniels was there too, but the line up was too long, to get his autograph.

I met her in person at a comic shop in Santa Barbara and most recently this two days ago at the Buffy the Vampire Layer Slayer reunion in LA.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/23/08 at 7:39 am

I'm hanging out a reception with Judd Apatow and friends Monday night...unfortunately one of those friends is gonna be Andy Dick....

*must resist the urge to call him a dick*  (A. Dick....get it  ;D )

How did the party go with Judd and Dick? ???

Written By: snozberries on 03/23/08 at 10:39 am

How did the party go with Judd and Dick? ???

Oh it was so much fun!

It was a panel discussion like Inside the Actor's studio (with a reception afterwards)

First Judd and Gary Shandling were on stage talking about the Larry Sanders Show
Then Tom Arnold (Judd used to write his stand up routine) came up and talked about the knock down drag outs he had with Roseanne....he was totally wasted
Then 3 Cast members from Freaks & Geeks- including Seth Rogan- came up with Paul Feig
Then Paul Rudd and Jonah Hill.... Jonah had just come off of that SNL appearance Saturday (we saw them on Monday)
Then Andy Dick came out and he was sober...listening to a wasted Tom Arnold brag about he was Dick's sponsor..... and so was Chris Farley was tragically ironic.

I had a great time tho...apparently the obsession with male genitalia was just restricted to the drawings in Superbad... there were lots of penis stories and penis jokes.... and then once Jason Segel was on stage (He was on Freaks & Geeks)  Judd decided to show a clip from Forgetting Sarah Marshall.  It's a break up scene complete with full frontal nudity...not a glimpse but very long takes... poor Jason had to watch himself nude on a large screen while the audience watched... just to give you an idea of what it might have been like here's a photo of the cast watching Paul Rudd in a clip from Knocked Up.....replace Paul Rudd with a very naked Jason Segel and remember that there are about 850 people in the audience (I was front row center)  ;D

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/snozberries44/JuddApatowKnockedUpclip.jpg

Q

Written By: saver on 04/05/08 at 10:46 pm

You never know who you're next to until it's too late!

Was in line next to a young guy, with blond hair, who I found out later was on the Hannah Montana show...(!scream here!)..

Guess you can tell I don't watch it...but he would have been a dream for the little girls if they were where I was... 

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/08 at 10:36 am

You never know who you're next to until it's too late!

Was in line next to a young guy, with blond hair, who I found out later was on the Hannah Montana show...(!scream here!)..

Guess you can tell I don't watch it...but he would have been a dream for the little girls if they were where I was... 

lol... I wouldn't have recognized him either.

I was once working security at a concert where Jared Leto's band was performing. I had recently discovered My So Called Life... It had been off the air about 4 years....and really wanted to go talk to him about it but because I was working security for the event I wasn't allowed to be a fan.    I watched him though and at one point he stood in the back of the club...kinda like a puppy waiting for a treat looking eagerly at anyone who came near him but then got all disappointed when they passed by with out a word.... Seems to me he was hoping fans would come up and take pics or ask for autographs but no one did...  ;D  I would have tho if I'd been allowed to.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/08 at 11:02 am

My most recent celebrity I met was MP, Television personality and Mayor of London Candidate Boris Johnson. Typical for his character, he appeared lost as he was coming out of a radio interview.

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 04/06/08 at 2:27 pm

this a local event in toledo in 1994 or 1995 forgot what it was but we had this peace picnic when the KKK came I went to the peace picnic I met local celbs from mitch from mitch and mary beth (when they were in K-100) chyris perterson from TOL but my favorite I meet Denny Schaffer (he was on 92.5 kiss fm) and he was cool to talk to and I never miss his show on kiss fm until he left for wspd and he went to wgst now he is on wspd for Dennyradio.com show that is cool

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/08 at 2:32 pm

this a local event in toledo in 1994 or 1995 forgot what it was but we had this peace picnic when the KKK came I went to the peace picnic I met local celbs from mitch from mitch and mary beth (when they were in K-100) chyris perterson from TOL but my favorite I meet Denny Schaffer (he was on 92.5 kiss fm) and he was cool to talk to and I never miss his show on kiss fm until he left for wspd and he went to wgst now he is on wspd for Dennyradio.com show that is cool

wow I haven't heard of any of those people....

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/10/08 at 2:17 pm

This morning while I was out going to the shop I encounted Boris Johnson (MP and TV personality) who is running for Mayor of London next month, I wish him "Good Luck".

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/11/08 at 5:13 pm

This morning while I was out going to the shop I encounted Boris Johnson (MP and TV personality) who is running for Mayor of London next month, I wish him "Good Luck".

Oh, how neat!!!  Politicians are especially interesting to meet.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/14/08 at 10:21 am

I briefly met Les Dennis this morning.

Written By: snozberries on 04/14/08 at 4:17 pm

had a brief discussion with Tamara Taylor (Cam on Bones)... I told her even though she spells her name wrong it's refreshing to hear it pronounced correctly  ;D  whatever I got an autograph out of it!

I also had a conversation with Michaela (Mykela) Conlin (Angela also from Bones)

Written By: La Roche on 04/14/08 at 9:56 pm

Due to my line of work I meet a lot of people.

I will go through my stack of programs and schematics tomorrow and give a decent list of who I've met in the past year or so.

Written By: snozberries on 04/15/08 at 6:03 am

Due to my line of work I meet a lot of people.

I will go through my stack of programs and schematics tomorrow and give a decent list of who I've met in the past year or so.

what do you do?

Written By: La Roche on 04/15/08 at 10:19 am

what do you do?

I'm a Stage Hand.

Ok, in the last year I've met -

Albert Pujols
Troy Glaus
Adam Wainwright
Rick Ankiel
Whitey Herzog
Tony La Russa
Mike Shannon
David Perron
Keith Tkachuk
Mike Bibby
Josh Smith
Frank Cusamano
Rene Knott
Joe Satriani
Tom Araya
Dave Lombardo
Kerry King
Jeff Hanneman
David Lee Roth
Sammy Hagar
Geddy Lee
Alex Lifeson
Neil Peart
Tom Petty
Jonathon Davis
Vinnie Paul Abbott
Chad Gray
Greg Tribbett
Tom Maxwell
Bob Kakaha
Matt Heafy
Corey Beaulieu
Paolo Gregoletto
Travis Smith

.. and a whole bunch more, I've tried to name people that others might have heard of.

When I say I meet these people, understand, they may spend anywhere from 10 minutes to 10 seconds talking to me. But contrary to popular belief most performers are perfectly normal people and the vast majority ensure that the crew knows they appreciate the work we do.

Of all those people, it damn near breaks my heart to say it.. but Kerry King (Slayer guitarist) was probably the biggest prick. Sammy Hagar is not a prick, as far as I can tell, I still don't particularly care for him as a performer, but he was nice enough to hang around a chat with a bunch of us. Jonathon Davis is just as weird as you'd expect.. I have no idea how much of it is an act and how much of it is just him.

Written By: snozberries on 04/16/08 at 12:25 am

that's pretty cool...

Same with me... when I say I've met these people I have met them and had some conversation with them but we're not friends they wouldn't recognize me on the street...well except for Tyne Daly because I think she thinks I'm stalking her  ::) ....

I've seen many celebs in person but haven't engaged in conversation with them those people I have not listed here.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/16/08 at 4:36 am

Years ago, at my then work I took a call on the phone from Orson Welles. I was in a state of shock afterwards.

Written By: La Roche on 04/16/08 at 7:35 am

that's pretty cool...

Same with me... when I say I've met these people I have met them and had some conversation with them but we're not friends they wouldn't recognize me on the street...well except for Tyne Daly because I think she thinks I'm stalking her  ::) ....

I've seen many celebs in person but haven't engaged in conversation with them those people I have not listed here.

What do you do for a living?

Years ago, at my then work I took a call on the phone from Orson Welles. I was in a state of shock afterwards.

Where was that at!?!  :o

Written By: La Roche on 04/16/08 at 7:36 am

Today I am running the follow spots for a band called 'Gym Class Heroes" I'd never heard of them but just listened to something on their website.. it confirmed my idea to take my MP3 player and listen to that instead of them.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/16/08 at 7:51 am

Where was that at!?!  :o
I worked at a famous film theatre in London on the reception desk and I took in the incoming calls.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 04/16/08 at 8:18 am

Jordan knight back in 1999. :DI want to meet the rest of the "New Kids on the Block" And Jordan again.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/16/08 at 8:20 am

I worked at a famous film theatre in London on the reception desk and I took in the incoming calls.
At the same work location I did get Christopher Reeve's autograph.

Written By: La Roche on 04/16/08 at 10:59 pm

Which theatre?

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/17/08 at 1:54 am

Which theatre?
In order to keep my main ID protected I would rather not say, but there is not many film theatres in London.

Written By: nicolelittle1977 on 04/17/08 at 2:31 am

I met Kid from Kid and Play in 1989
I met Tevin Campbell in 1999
I met this RnB group Something For The People, the ones who had a hit "My Love Is The Shhhhh" in 1997
I met Teddy Riley and Damion Hall from Guy
I met Donnie McClurkin
I met the gospel group, The Winans
I met a gospel singer, Kim Burrell

Written By: La Roche on 04/17/08 at 7:40 am

In order to keep my main ID protected I would rather not say, but there is not many film theatres in London.

Fair enough Phil.

Written By: Davester on 04/17/08 at 7:55 am

That could be The Barbican.  I sayed at the YMCA nearby when all the hostels were booked...

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/18/08 at 4:07 am

Lang Lang, the Chinese Concert Pianist

Written By: snozberries on 04/19/08 at 12:15 am

What do you do for a living?

I'm a professional celebrity stalker.  ;D

Just kidding. I'm a police dispatcher and a TV Addict.

I live 90 minutes north of LA so I go there alot because they hold a lot of events for fans like myself and I get a chance to meet a lot of celebs.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/19/08 at 1:42 am

I'm a professional celebrity stalker.  ;D

Just kidding. I'm a police dispatcher and a TV Addict.

I live 90 minutes north of LA so I go there alot because they hold a lot of events for fans like myself and I get a chance to meet a lot of celebs.

...and you must get to know events in advance?

Written By: snozberries on 04/19/08 at 2:38 am

...and you must get to know events in advance?

yes most of my meetings are do to advance notice of events.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/19/08 at 2:39 am

yes most of my meetings are do to advance notice of events.
It is the same with me, but I have to scour the Internet or keep my ear open on the local radio.

Written By: snozberries on 04/19/08 at 2:41 am

It is the same with me, but I have to scour the Internet or keep my ear open on the local radio.

I am on mailing lists and have friends with similar interests so I hear about them easily enough.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/19/08 at 2:42 am

I am on mailing lists and have friends with similar interests so I hear about them easily enough.
My main stalking celeb watching out for is at cricket matches, and as I am always at one, it keeps me happy.

Written By: snozberries on 04/19/08 at 2:45 am

My main stalking celeb watching out for is at cricket matches, and as I am always at one, it keeps me happy.

that's as good a reason as any to attend a match.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/19/08 at 2:47 am

that's as good a reason as any to attend a match.
The latest rumour is that Daniel Radcliffe enjoys cricket and has been seen watching games.

Written By: snozberries on 04/19/08 at 2:51 am

The latest rumour is that Daniel Radcliffe enjoys cricket and has been seen watching games.

now he's someone I'd like to meet.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/19/08 at 3:01 am

now he's someone I'd like to meet.

I would not recognise him for we are so used to the HP image.

Written By: snozberries on 04/22/08 at 10:47 pm

I would not recognise him for we are so used to the HP image.

yeah I think it really depends on how he wears his hair....plus the glasses and lightning bolt scar help too  ;D

Written By: Gis on 04/23/08 at 1:20 am

yeah I think it really depends on how he wears his hair....plus the glasses and lightning bolt scar help too  ;D
I've seen most of the Harry Potter cast, they film at my work place. I was so happy to see Neville, my favourite character from the book. Maggie Smith is just so elegant in real life.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/23/08 at 3:16 am

I've seen most of the Harry Potter cast, they film at my work place. I was so happy to see Neville, my favourite character from the book. Maggie Smith is just so elegant in real life.
Did you get their autographs?

Written By: saver on 04/23/08 at 3:37 pm

I hear Daniel is coming to do EQUUS in NYC..they are getting infrered cameras to make sure no one captures his 'bareness'.

Now why would someone want that of him?

Jealousy?

Written By: Gis on 04/23/08 at 3:40 pm

Did you get their autographs?
No, you don't get anywhere near them.  :-\\

Written By: La Roche on 04/23/08 at 8:16 pm

On Friday, I'm working the show for the opening of the new Saint Louis University arena.. featuing... oh God... Barry Manilow.  8-P

Written By: snozberries on 04/23/08 at 8:27 pm

No, you don't get anywhere near them.  :-\\

bummer! its still cool tho... I love watching filmings! 

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/24/08 at 7:43 am

On Friday, I'm working the show for the opening of the new Saint Louis University arena.. featuing... oh God... Barry Manilow.  8-P
He could my copy of some sheet music I have

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/24/08 at 5:19 pm

Barry Manilow is a method of torture to people like yourself.  Keep your wits about you at all cost.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/24/08 at 7:54 pm

I met Andy Warhol at a really chic party....

(Karma to whoever has the Dead Milkmen reply to the above statement!)

Written By: mandamoo on 04/25/08 at 4:29 am

I met a lot when I worked in TV for 15 years

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/25/08 at 2:54 pm

Today I met the majority of the New Zealand Cricket Squad at Lord's Cricket Ground.

Written By: La Roche on 04/27/08 at 12:45 pm

Barry Manilow is a method of torture to people like yourself.  Keep your wits about you at all cost.

His crew was pretty interesting. It's mainly just a Vegas style show so they don't really tour all that much.. hilarity ensues. Brand new arena, road crew that has no idea, local crew that's never seen the set up before.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/03/08 at 10:49 am

My most recent celebrity I met was MP, Television personality and Mayor of London Candidate Boris Johnson. Typical for his character, he appeared lost as he was coming out of a radio interview.

..And BJ has went on to win, so my calling out good luck worked for him.

Written By: midnite on 05/04/08 at 8:28 pm

Why do we care about celebrities?  Do they care about us?  Nooooo!!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/05/08 at 3:54 am

We pay the celebrities wages when we buy their merchandise, books, records, etc.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/08/08 at 3:07 am

Yesterday, I saw from a distance Meat Loaf getting out of a car into an entrance of a local radio station.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/08/08 at 4:02 am

Yesterday, I saw from a distance Meat Loaf getting out of a car into an entrance of a local radio station.
I just had it confirmed that it was Meat Loaf I saw yesterday.

Written By: snozberries on 05/08/08 at 5:45 pm

they care when we don't care....cause that means they are no longer a commodity.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/08 at 4:23 am

they care when we don't care....cause that means they are no longer a commodity.
That is when the celeb fades away and we all ask "where are they now?"

Written By: Big Nasty on 06/02/08 at 9:29 pm

Well, I met Jerry Lewis when I was pretty young at a MDA telethon.  I Met Mary J. Blige at Much Music in Toronto, Ontario.  Then through the USO I met a few wrestlers in Iraq, including John Cena.  John Cena got a little respect from me cause he refused the offer to eat in private and insisted that he wait in line and eat with the troops.  He also missed his flight because he would not leave until all the Soldiers received their autographs.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/06/08 at 1:56 am

Yesterday in a newsagent/stationers in West London, I saw and spoke to Eric Sykes, one of my comedy heroes. He is now 85 years old and and has failing hearing. He has suffered from deafness on and off throughout his life, but now it seems premanant.

Check for new replies or respond here...