inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Animated Star Wars movie planned

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/13/08 at 8:23 am

Report from BBC News Online

An animated Star Wars movie is to hit the big screen later this year.

A film version of Star Wars: The Clone Wars will open in the US on 15 August, followed by a TV series in the autumn.

"I felt there were a lot more stories left to tell," creator George Lucas said. "I was eager to start telling some of them through animation."

The cartoon version takes place between events in the Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith films, and features familiar faces with new characters.

The half-hour, computer-animated series is an expansion of a 2003 series of three-minute shorts broadcast on TV and the web.

The Clone Wars will feature such familiar protagonists as Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padme Amidala.

It is being produced by Lucas's company LucasFilm, Warner Bros and Turner Broadcasting, which will screen the show on TNT and the Cartoon Network.

Dan Fellman of Warner Bros described The Clone Wars as "a breakthrough project" that would "return Star Wars to the big screen in a completely new way".

"We immediately felt that it would be a fantastic theatrical event."

Release dates for the film outside the US will be announced soon, as will broadcast details for the TV series.

Subject: Re: Animated Star Wars movie planned

Written By: Gis on 02/13/08 at 12:35 pm

You are *so* behind the times  ::) Living with a Star Wars freak means I learn about these things whether I want to or not!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/13/08 at 12:38 pm

You are *so* behind the times  ::) Living with a Star Wars freak means I learn about these things whether I want to or not!
Okey dokey!

Written By: Lee_Marsh on 02/16/08 at 8:11 pm

Yeah they've been planning this series for quite a few years now. 

Actually, last time I heard about it, it was supposed to come out in 2007, around October or something.  I was starting to think they canceled the whole thing, or it was just a rumor. 

Well, I hope its good hehehe

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/17/08 at 2:40 am

Yeah they've been planning this series for quite a few years now. 

Actually, last time I heard about it, it was supposed to come out in 2007, around October or something.  I was starting to think they canceled the whole thing, or it was just a rumor. 

Well, I hope its good hehehe
Could had been affected by the strike in the US?

Check for new replies or respond here...