inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Redman O'neal busted again for drugs(heroin)...

Written By: saver on 02/13/08 at 10:45 pm

With all the beating going on in the O'Neal family, guess they can't beat the sense into Redman...
News states he's been to rehab a dozen times...I know he has a nice morgue table waiting for him next to Brad Renfro.....

Subject: Re: Redman O'neal busted again for drugs(heroin)...

Written By: EthanM on 02/14/08 at 12:43 pm

who/what are you talking about? A google search for redman o'neal just turned up the rapper and shaq.

Written By: nally on 02/14/08 at 12:46 pm

Gee...why am I not surprised? ::) ::) I had heard that this kid had gotten busted a number of times in the past for Drugs.

I happen to know that the family was living in Brentwood during the early 90's, when the kid was in his early years of elementary school. He went to Marymount, a private K-8 school that closed in June 1993. I know this because my mom taught music at that school from 1990-93, and Redmon was usually a behavior problem. ::)

Written By: ladybug316 on 02/14/08 at 2:01 pm

who/what are you talking about? A google search for redman o'neal just turned up the rapper and shaq.
Redmond O'Neal is the son of actors Ryan O'Neal and Farah Fawcett.

Written By: saver on 02/14/08 at 2:46 pm

More on him is on TMZ.com

He was recently in the news when his brother fought with him in their house on the beach and they say that incident was because Griffin didn't want him to go back to his drugs...awww, what a nice family.....

Written By: danootaandme on 02/14/08 at 2:53 pm

Look at what he has for parents.....worse than nothing.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/17/08 at 2:42 am

I had no idea that this was going on with their son. It's another sad story for young Hollywood  :(

Written By: nally on 02/17/08 at 9:57 pm

I kinda knew about this over the years...he's been getting himself into all kinds of trouble. :P ^You're right; it is sad that he's doing this to himself.

Written By: Leo Spinelli on 09/18/08 at 11:57 am

8) I went to school with Redman (Paul Revere Middle School). He was in my 6th grade gym class. He's also in my yearbook. We used to be cool. I don't know how he was to everyone else, but to me he was a good kid.

Written By: nally on 09/18/08 at 11:58 am

Well, in other aspects he wasn't...in fact, I just heard on the news again last night that he got busted AGAIN. ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/18/08 at 7:13 pm

Drugs?  What are talking about it?  Celebrity kids never use drugs!  Who even hearda sucha thing!
:D

Written By: Marian on 09/19/08 at 1:45 pm

Redmond O'Neal is the son of actors Ryan O'Neal and Farah Fawcett.
were they inspired by the movie Peter pan?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/19/08 at 3:50 pm

The whole family reeks of drug abuse.  As I recall big sister Tatum just got nailed for illegal drug possession too.

Written By: nally on 09/19/08 at 3:51 pm

That's right, I heard about that too. Must run in the family. ::)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/19/08 at 5:37 pm

I dunno, maybe I have a warped view of the situation but, celebrity kids are no different then kids of "regular" folk other then access to money.  There are as many regular kids that use and abuse drugs as they have better access to them.  I feel bad for anybody saddled with any type of addiction.  Until you, yourself, are on the other side of one (whether it be drugs, booze, gambling, shopping, food, sex or any number of others that I haven't thought of or even a combination of several of these,) it's easy to judge someone and look down on them for being stupid for hurting themselves, and it seems like it would be easy to just...stop.  Trust me, it isn't, my food addiction goes back as far as I can remember. 

Perhaps celebrity kids are different from regular kids in one other way, every time they get arrested, it's in the news, as a "look how these celebrities are bad parents thing".  It's kind of sad in the way that society is so judgemental now, does that really help anyone?

Written By: Lindee on 09/20/08 at 7:51 pm

Redmond reminds of Scut Farkus (the bully) from A Christmas Story.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/20/08 at 9:18 pm

I thought he just chawed on Redman!
:D

Written By: iquestion on 09/21/08 at 4:48 pm

Maybe now we can reevaluate if winning the Oscar at 10 was what was really hurtful to Tatum's future life now that we are discovering the voilence and drugs in her environment growing up  ?? (Redman was born way after her.but the previous mentioned seemed to have existed all along.)

Written By: nally on 09/21/08 at 5:32 pm

Perhaps celebrity kids are different from regular kids in one other way, every time they get arrested, it's in the news, as a "look how these celebrities are bad parents thing".  It's kind of sad in the way that society is so judgemental now, does that really help anyone?

yes, it is really sad, like you said. The parents should lay down the law when the kids are young, so they won't grow up to be weirdos (for lack of a better word). Everytime I hear about some yung'un getting in trouble with the law, it makes me sad; I think to myself: "Why would any kid want to put themselves through this? They just mess up their lives."

Check for new replies or respond here...