inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Kid Zapper

Written By: Red Ant on 02/14/08 at 10:31 pm

I saw this on the news tonight:

http://www.kcby.com/home/video/15639937.html?video=pop&t=a

I'm not sure what to make of this. Wouldn't "No Loitering" and "No one under x age allowed" signs be sufficient?

Ant

Subject: Re: The Kid Zapper

Written By: snozberries on 02/14/08 at 10:50 pm

I love it....although I would have loved it more if it had turned to be what I initially envisioned.... something similar to a dog's shock collar that shocks little kids when they play, run around in stores and touch all the shelves  ;D then again how can the shock distinguish between a toddler and an adult...yeah I guess maybe the mosquito is better my kid zapper still needs a little work! ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/15/08 at 6:50 pm

What a bunch of bullcrap.  I can still hear high pitched sounds like that.  I don't have any special abilities, I just happen to be an adult with moderately more acute hearing than others. 

If I was in London, I'd just start vending earplugs cheap to kids. 
:P

Seriously, I would tell any proprietor who posted one of those Zappers I would not patronize his establishment until he removed it.   

Written By: Jessica on 02/15/08 at 7:08 pm

What a bunch of bullcrap.  I can still hear high pitched sounds like that.  I don't have any special abilities, I just happen to be an adult with moderately more acute hearing than others. 

If I was in London, I'd just start vending earplugs cheap to kids. 
:P

Seriously, I would tell any proprietor who posted one of those Zappers I would not patronize his establishment until he removed it.   

Thank you. They're also not factoring in that, OMG, there just might be toddlers roaming around or babies present when they do that. Can you IMAGINE what that does to their hearing? I'd be socking someone for that BS.

Check for new replies or respond here...