inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hulk Hogan getting a divorce?

Written By: whistledog on 02/15/08 at 2:40 am

After 24 years of marriage, Linda Bollea has filed for divorce from Hulk Hogan

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20162212,00.html

Could this be a reality show curse?  It seems like whenever celebrity couples have a reality show, they end up getting a divorce

Subject: Re: Hulk Hogan getting a divorce?

Written By: Red Ant on 02/15/08 at 11:42 am

"Whatcha gonna do...
...when the Hulk's divorce lawyers run wild - on you!"

I think the show might have been the last straw, but who knows?

Ant

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/15/08 at 5:51 pm

His ex gonna get Hulkamony?
:-\\

Written By: ?????????????????????? on 02/15/08 at 6:08 pm

After 24 years of marriage, Linda Bollea has filed for divorce from Hulk Hogan

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20162212,00.html

Could this be a reality show curse?  It seems like whenever celebrity couples have a reality show, they end up getting a divorce
Yeah. Good thing Ozzy and Sharon booted out the cameras before this curse first appeared.

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/08 at 6:17 pm

I'm guessing the final straw came from that clip of the show I saw on the Soup where Hulk was sitting on the crapper and called his wife because he wanted her to wipe his arse  8-P .....yeah I'd divorce his ass too!  >:(

Written By: Jessica on 02/15/08 at 7:10 pm

I'm guessing the final straw came from that clip of the show I saw on the Soup where Hulk was sitting on the crapper and called his wife because he wanted her to wipe his arse  8-P .....yeah I'd divorce his ass too!  >:(

Pffft. I'd divorce that bitch of a wife for going out and participating in street racing and then recording it. No wonder the son is all enamored of that s**t, and look where that landed him and his friend!

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/08 at 7:30 pm

Pffft. I'd divorce that bitch of a wife for going out and participating in street racing and then recording it. No wonder the son is all enamored of that s**t, and look where that landed him and his friend!

yeah sorry Jess I don't follow the show that closely... I only know what know by watching The Soup every week!

Written By: Jessica on 02/15/08 at 7:36 pm

yeah sorry Jess I don't follow the show that closely... I only know what know by watching The Soup every week!

Eh, I don't watch it either. I just caught the blurb from the news or something. :D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/16/08 at 1:06 am

I hope he goes nuts in the courtroom, runs over to the jury, and starts doing this:

http://www.sportsonline.com.au/images/Products/8034.gif

:D

Written By: Bobby on 02/16/08 at 6:35 pm

"Whatcha gonna do...
...when the Hulk's divorce lawyers run wild - on you!"

I think the show might have been the last straw, but who knows?

Ant

Ha ha, 'Well you know somethin', Mean Gene . . .'

You've got to wonder how real these reality shows are and you've also got to wonder whether this divorce is merely a publicity stunt on top of that.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/16/08 at 8:01 pm

Ha ha, 'Well you know somethin', Mean Gene . . .'

You've got to wonder how real these reality shows are and you've also got to wonder whether this divorce is merely a publicity stunt on top of that.

Is there really a mean gene?  Thought it was more nurture than nature.

Written By: Bobby on 02/17/08 at 3:34 pm

Is there really a mean gene?  Thought it was more nurture than nature.

Ah right, some explaining is in order . . .

When Hulk Hogan wrestled, he often gave an interview beforehand. Back in the day, the interviewer was an old man called Gene Okerlund. He was given the nickname 'Mean' Gene and when Hogan would start his interview, he usually said 'Well, you know something Mean Gene . . .'. :)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/18/08 at 2:57 am

Ah right, some explaining is in order . . .

When Hulk Hogan wrestled, he often gave an interview beforehand. Back in the day, the interviewer was an old man called Gene Okerlund. He was given the nickname 'Mean' Gene and when Hogan would start his interview, he usually said 'Well, you know something Mean Gene . . .'. :)

Mean Gene had the mean gene.  :D

Written By: whistledog on 02/18/08 at 8:39 am

From what I understand, he was doing things with her money without her knowledge, so she's serving him with divorce papers.  Could be all speculation though

If you believed everything you read in the media, then I guess Tom Cruise really is a Martian Spy sent from space to melt all our brains :D

Written By: La Roche on 02/18/08 at 8:54 am

Her money?

As far as I was aware she'd never done a thing in her life whereas Hogan performed legitimate superhuman acts all over the world.... OK.. took some shots to the head occasionally.

Written By: whistledog on 02/18/08 at 8:57 am

Man, she's loaded.  She didn't marry him all those years ago for his money  From what I understand, she's got more money than she knows what to do with

Written By: La Roche on 02/18/08 at 9:07 am

Man, she's loaded.  She didn't marry him all those years ago for his money  From what I understand, she's got more money than she knows what to do with

Seriously!? I never knew that, you know what from or is it nouveau 'old' money.

Written By: whistledog on 02/18/08 at 9:43 am

Seriously!? I never knew that, you know what from or is it nouveau 'old' money.

She comes from a wealthy family

Check for new replies or respond here...