inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: American Idol 7

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 02/20/08 at 4:15 pm

Well it's AI season so of course I'm back  lol. 

So this year I boycotted most of the audition/hollywood episodes because I did not want to get any preconceived notions of who the producers think America is supposed to like. 

So for those who did watch last night- what did you think?  My personal favorites last night were Jason Castro and Robbie Carrico.  However I am a little confused about if Jason was permitted to play a guitar, why didn't one of the other guitar players opt for that? 
Who do I think is going home?:  I bet it's gonna be between Jason Yeager, Luke Menard, or Garrett Haley (possibly Chikezie as well)
And who do I think is way overrated?:  David Archuleta.  I don't know why but I'm just not that fond of him.  He's not a bad singer but to me he's just not that good.  Also David Cook and Michael Johns.  I honestly think they are trying too hard for the rock sound and it's destroying their voices.
Danny and Colton both suck and are annoying as h*ll but unfortunately may stick around long enough to become this year's Sanjayas. 

Any opinions?

Subject: Re: American Idol 7

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/20/08 at 4:20 pm

Do the women suck this year or something?  :D

Written By: Jessica on 02/20/08 at 4:33 pm

Do the women suck this year or something?  :D

Last night was the male competition. Female competition is tonight.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/20/08 at 4:54 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH...

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/08 at 6:13 pm

So this year I boycotted most of the audition/hollywood episodes because I did not want to get any preconceived notions of who the producers think America is supposed to like. 

I guess that's why you missed my American Idol thread...oh well I'll play in yours  ;)

I liked crap... I won't lean names until next week....it always takes me a couple of days to figure out who's who...

I liked the last two... the Australian is my favorite of the guys.

I don't know why dreads got to play the guitar either but he had the best performance last night...or the most interesting but I will be annoyed if he does it every week.

I liked Moon River...was that Luke... it was a little boring but I thought he vocals were pure not sharp as Randy suggested.

I agree David Archuletta was TOTALLY overrated.

I really dislike the "Hair Boys"  that's what I'm calling the guys who, as Simon also noted, spent more time focusing on their hair than on their performances. That would be Jail House Rock Kid - okay was that totally high school musical or is it me?  Anyway, him and all the guys who looked they ironed their hair down flat after walking thru a wind tunnel. (including Ellen's doppelganger  ;D )

I hope the girls are better!

see ya tomorrow!

Written By: coqueta83 on 02/20/08 at 7:38 pm

I had a chance to watch AI last night....I really like the Australian guy, Michael Johns, the best.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/08 at 7:45 pm

I had a chance to watch AI last night....I really like the Australian guy, Michael Johns, the best.  :)

That's his name!  Thanks!  I'd karma you but I already did somewhere else. . ..

I loved it when he sang Bohemian Rhapsody. I hope he sings it again!

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 02/20/08 at 9:10 pm

I guess that's why you missed my American Idol thread...oh well I'll play in yours  ;)

I liked crap... I won't lean names until next week....it always takes me a couple of days to figure out who's who...

I liked the last two... the Australian is my favorite of the guys.

I don't know why dreads got to play the guitar either but he had the best performance last night...or the most interesting but I will be annoyed if he does it every week.

I liked Moon River...was that Luke... it was a little boring but I thought he vocals were pure not sharp as Randy suggested.

I agree David Archuletta was TOTALLY overrated.

I really dislike the "Hair Boys"  that's what I'm calling the guys who, as Simon also noted, spent more time focusing on their hair than on their performances. That would be Jail House Rock Kid - okay was that totally high school musical or is it me?  Anyway, him and all the guys who looked they ironed their hair down flat after walking thru a wind tunnel. (including Ellen's doppelganger  ;D )

I hope the girls are better!

see ya tomorrow!

No Luke was the guy that sang "Everybody's Talkin at me"  I didn't like moon river (Jason Yaeger)  It was very boring.

Tonight I only got to see the show from Ramiele on.  But from the clips that I saw, I think tonight's best were Ramiele and Asia'h.  Sayesha could be better but I thought she was pretty flat throughout the whole song.  Either that or the instrumentation was out of wack.  And about Carly, I agreed with Simon before he even said anything.  From what I've already seen of her, even though she's all in the hype, I just am not a fan.  I think she's as overrated as David A.  I was even thinking the same thing about the "mic technique" how it was annoying- even before Simon said anything. 
And I'll have to go to youtube and find the full videos, but I was expected good things from Amanda Overmyer (the "rock n roll nurse") but from the small clip I saw, she just was not very good.

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/08 at 9:12 pm

No Luke was the guy that sang "Everybody's Talkin at me"  I didn't like moon river (Jason Yaeger)  It was very boring.

Tonight I only got to see the show from Ramiele on.  But from the clips that I saw, I think tonight's best were Ramiele and Asia'h.  Sayesha could be better but I thought she was pretty flat throughout the whole song.  Either that or the instrumentation was out of wack.  And about Carly, I agreed with Simon before he even said anything.  From what I've already seen of her, even though she's all in the hype, I just am not a fan.  I think she's as overrated as David A.  I was even thinking the same thing about the "mic technique" how it was annoying- even before Simon said anything. 
And I'll have to go to youtube and find the full videos, but I was expected good things from Amanda Overmyer (the "rock n roll nurse") but from the small clip I saw, she just was not very good.

The moon river song was boring but I still liked the guy's voice.... he's not my favorite but I'd prefer to see others go before him...

I signing off now so that I can go and watch the girls now.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 02/21/08 at 5:14 pm

BTW, anyone else think Jason Castro was high on performance night? 

Written By: Dagwood on 02/21/08 at 5:43 pm

I like David Archuleta, there is something about him that draws me in.  I really like the Australian guy, too.  None of the girls have impressed me yet.  I kind of like the girl whose dad died just before her audition.  Maybe I am just giving her credit for singing that song so soon after his death.  Yeah, I cried like a baby.

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/08 at 4:40 pm

I didn't get to talk about the girls...seriously...I'll get their names down by the time we get to the top 12

Sorry to see Joanne go...she wasn't great but it was nerves and there were worse singers than her. I kinds hoped that the birthday girl would go. . .  I don't like her she is too full of herself and its not very cute.

I liked Alexandrea or whatever- she did Spinning Wheel right?  I liked Ramiele and Syesha...syesha my favorite so far.

You're right Amanda - that's the nurse right.. .I just call her Bonnie Raitt... her performance was totally annoying and as Simon said all over the place.

I am not a fan of Asia'h's don't know why - its a visceral thing there's nothing about her performance or singing that bugs me but I see the girl and I have an instant dislike for her...she must remind me of someone I'm blocking or something.

Brooke is the one from Mesa AZ...I know that because that's where my mom lives. Not a fan of hers either.  As Simon says she is too joyful.

I hope the girl who does impressions steps it up next week. I don't know if you saw the clips yet but she was very stiff during the performance. She has a really good voice but her singing personality is going to kill her...oddly enough she appears very easy going and fun back stage.

Written By: midnite1 on 02/23/08 at 11:00 pm

I am watching for the first time in about 3 years.........

Syesha = YES
Archuleta = NO

Archuleta is young and annoying because he can't speak.  He can sing a little and has a nice stage presence but is boring off stage.  All the voters may think he is cute and vote for him. 

Also, and more importantly, Archuleta's voice doesn't seem to change to me.  It seems like it is always in the same tone which would drive me crazy if I were to buy a 40-minute CD.

Michael Johns is good I am not sure how versatile he is.

Syesha is amazing. She is the true star.

Written By: snozberries on 02/26/08 at 6:19 pm

Syesha is amazing. She is the true star.

Shoot she BLEW me away belting out Chain of Fools even tho she had laryngitis

okay QueenAmenRa  remind who the number one hair boy is...he did Jail House Rock last week... I REALLY want him to go and the show doesn't start for another 40 minutes  ;D

I'll talk to you more later tonight or tomorrow!

Q

Written By: whistledog on 02/26/08 at 8:29 pm

They say Danny Noriega is the new Sanjaya ;D

That one kid who sang 'Imagine' on tonight's show was the best.  If he gets voted out, then the show is rigged

Written By: midnite on 02/26/08 at 10:25 pm

I DVR'ed tonight's episode and will watch it tomorrow.  Danny Noriega is sooooo bad.

Written By: snozberries on 02/26/08 at 10:29 pm

I’m writing this as I watch the show and before I hear the judges comments.

Michael Johns….boring and it sounded off key to me…and,  if you’ll allow me to steal from Paula and Randy standard critism, very pitchy. 

Jason Castro…I don’t know if the guitar is cheating but it makes him a littlle more interesting…except for that first intro to the chorus…ew something happened there- oh another bad note… okay I liked some of it but not all of it.  (wow I think randy was reading over my shoulder  ;D)

Luke  Menard… I am not a fan of the falsetto and he hit it a lot but his vocals were better than the others.  I wish someone would sing  a song I actually like…7 to go maybe one of them will come through for me.  ::)

commercial

Robbie Carrico (aka…rocker hair boy- Axl Rose called he wants his look back  ;D)…  Hot Blooded hey a song I like why is he singing it with such low energy…. Its boring… dare I say karaokish  (Randy is copying me again)

commercial

Danny Noriega (aka hair boy numero uno….or hsm boy- um that’s high school musical  8-P )….Superstar… I never thought anyone could do a version of Superstar that I would dislike….I was wrong. I admit it I don’t like the kid so there is little he will be able to do to impress me.  NEXT!  >:(

commercial

David Hernandez….Why was he looking in the camera like that…that was a little weird… the vocals weren’t bad.  Good enough to stay on but not astounding.  I just want someone to blow me away and they aren’t .  :(

Commercial

Jason Yeager…(wannabe hair boy…not quite there but the highlights get him close)….there is something too “clean” about him- like Paul Anka trying to do Tutti Fruiti…he just doesn’t fit with the song. The vocals are okay but not strong -he might go this week…he can’t hold the note.  Simon nailed it… a quite good singer who can’t perform very well…that is exactly his problem.

Commercial….seriously these  commercials are killing me. They are every 5 minutes.  >:(

Chikezie…okay is it wrong that I want to hate on the background singers? They were off key on their “I Believe”s  Chikezie gave a pretty solid performance.  8)

David Cook (aka balding hair boy)… ooh another guitar…he suddenly looks better. Sounds better too …except for the chorus which seems to have fallen a little flat.

What a novelty…two singers and then a commercial break….

David Archuleta….how arrogant to take on John Lennon. . . you know the vocals weren’t horrible but what was missing was the soul of the song. He didn’t make me feel it. I don’t if that’s something that comes with life experience or just regular experience. Something about Imagine moves me…I didn’t feel moved tonight.

I knew they were going to like it... whatever.  not a lot of great stuff going on here tonite.

Written By: 66drivein on 02/27/08 at 6:27 pm

I’m writing this as I watch the show and before I hear the judges comments.

David Archuleta….how arrogant to take on John Lennon. . . you know the vocals weren’t horrible but what was missing was the soul of the song. He didn’t make me feel it. I don’t if that’s something that comes with life experience or just regular experience. Something about Imagine moves me…I didn’t feel moved tonight.

I knew they were going to like it... whatever.  not a lot of great stuff going on here tonite.

Sorry Snoz but IMO David Archuleta hit it out of the park.
I know to say something critical about John Lennon or his music is taboo in some circles but he never did anything for me.
And I never really cared for this song. But, the way he sang it had me hanging on every note.  And for the first time I liked the song.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 02/27/08 at 7:10 pm

Danny Noriega is the "hair guy" and yes he's got to go!!! I was surprised but glad that the other "hair guy" (Colton) went home last week.  I thought he would last too long cuz either little teenage girls or teenage boys would think he's hot.
I was a little disappointed with Jason Castro (the guy with the dreads)  I thought he would be smart enough not to play the guitar again.  His song wasn't bad but it could have been better.  I still like him though.  And....I seriously think the producers have been trying to hide him or make sure he's got less time in the spotlight.  Like I noticed how Seacrest was being a jerk, wasting time asking stupid questions to all the contestants...except Jason Castro.  I mean maybe it's nothing but he didn't even say anything to him.  Just listen to the judge's comments and then here's the number to call; goodbye!
I was very surprised and pleased with Chikezie.  But I think that Luke has definitely got to go this week!  He destroyed Queen.  Jason Yaeger needs to go too- he just sucks.
And as far as David Archuleta....I still don't like him as much as he's made out to be.  He'll go far that's for sure but just not appealing to me.  This week was better than last week but that song is just soooooo cliche.
Oh yeah and David Hernandez: I think he sang pretty well this time.  But it just hurts to watch.  He always makes those weird faces with his eyebrows... but then other than that he did ok.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 02/27/08 at 8:47 pm

And now for the girls:
It was really a bad night for everybody in my opinion.  Just so many cliche song choices.  Like Brooke Smith was ok, but yeah they've already told her she reminds them of Carly Simon, it doesn't mean she needs to actually sing Carly Simon.  And I was really really disappointed in Amanda Overmyer.  I think she's capable of much better but I wouldn't be surprised if she goes home this week.  Kady Malloy is probably going home too.  And I thought Asia'h would be smart enough not to pick that song!  None of the girls were good tonight, IMO

Written By: robby76 on 02/27/08 at 8:54 pm

I like David Archuleta too. Just has that pure voice and nice personality - I can see how his niceness might grate people, but he's only young.

Luke doing Queen was quite enjoyable and though I wasn't a fan of the guy with dreads, I liked how he did an Andy Gibb song.

As for the girls, I like Ramiele a lot - I think she's Phillipino originally.

And thank God the auditions are over - they get more tired each year.

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/08 at 9:00 pm

I liked the way this worked for me last night so I am doing it again.
I will write my opinions during the performance before I hear the judges’ comments.

Carly Smithson (what’s the female version of bloke)….Good way to start the show. I thought she set the bar pretty high.  The whole performance was strong and in tune….wow  what’s Randy smoking?  (I’m predicting an opportunity for her to sing with Heart in the finale.)

Syesha Mercado (my favorite she better knock it out!)… any song from the 70s and she picks Me & Mr. Mr. Jones? Okay she nailed the chorus but the verses were a little too slow. I kind of liked it but not my favorite … I still wish she would’ve done Sweet Thing that’s a better song.  (What Simon said O0 )

Brooke White (the prude)… ooh another guitar…the guitars are distracting because they make the singers look more interesting.  She sings well… It seems like she goes a little flat when she gets to the low notes. I like the middle and the higher notes but wince on the low notes.

Ramiele Malubay….can we just send 4 guys home?  The girls are far better than the boys. The song kind of controls her rather than her controling the song but it was miles better than the best guy performance.  (look at Randy & Paula reading my mind again) She was still better than the boys

Kristy Lee Cook….Her entire performance feels forced and planned ….okay now squat- now move your head- step step squat…. Oh yeah the vocals weren’t bad.

Amanda Overmyer (aka Bonnie Raitt)….  Wayward Son seems like a good song choice but I do not like that frantic stomping dance move she does…its more distracting than the guitars.  Half way thru and this is my least favorite performance of the night….  And yet still better than the guys…  (what’s Paula smoking?)

Alaina Whitaker (which one is she? Funny we share the same idiosyncrasy)  wow that wasn’t very good….she really went off on that high note didn’t she?

Alexandrea Lushington ….nice vocals to a boring song.  See I was going to say safe but I knew Randy was going to say it too… ;)

Kady Malloy… well she’s trying to put more personality into her performance….but there are far better songs out there….Can I just pick the songs for these people? Trust me I couldn’t do any worse.  I would’ve picked Lovin’ Touchin’ Squeezin’ because I really want to hear a woman sing it.

Asia’h Epperson…  STOP PLAYING WITH YOUR EXTENTIONS!  Oops …. Missed that low note didn’t you.  She didn’t blow me away….the only thing that may save her was that one high note.  And the last note.

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/08 at 9:04 pm

And now for the girls:
It was really a bad night for everybody in my opinion.  Just so many cliche song choices.  Like Brooke Smith was ok, but yeah they've already told her she reminds them of Carly Simon, it doesn't mean she needs to actually sing Carly Simon.  And I was really really disappointed in Amanda Overmyer.  I think she's capable of much better but I wouldn't be surprised if she goes home this week.  Kady Malloy is probably going home too.  And I thought Asia'h would be smart enough not to pick that song!  None of the girls were good tonight, IMO

I agree the girls had poor song choice and if they were the only ones singing this week I might have judged them harsher I really disliked the guys tho.

I saw a clip of David Hernandez's performance on the View today and taken out of context the whole thing was bad!

I want Danny Noriega and I'll agree... Luke can go too.

for the girls I want Amanda and Alaina to go.

I'm glad you agree with me about Archuleta but you're right he probably will go far.

Written By: midnite on 02/27/08 at 11:48 pm

Good (and funny) analysis Snoz,

The ones I liked.......For once I somewhat agreed with the judges.

1. Chikeze -  Surprised the heck out of me. Yes, he is very funny-looking, but I really like his smooth R&B voice.  I loved every nook and cranny of his performance and watched it 5 times!!  I loved his song selection because I did not know the song. Donnie Hathaway?  I like his voice and his old-R&B style, though it is not the best in the competition.  I would buy his CD before anything from Ruben Studdard.

2. The kid - Yes, Archuleta was good.  I was impressed. I liked the choice of very soft guitar as background to highlight his vocals. His version of the song was nice. It took a line to two to know what song it was.  There is no doubt that his voice is very pure and pleasant.  However, to me it always seems to be the same - high or low note - no difference.  I really do not believe I could listen to a 40-minute CD of him.  He only seems to do ballads. Can this boy rock out???? 

3. David Hernandez actually blew me away from the beginning - walking down the stairs, the growls, pure voice, and well-rehearsed (or may be natural) stage act.  (I hate to side with the judges on this one).  He does do weird stalker-like things with his eyes as you guys mention.  I like his voice and enjoyed his act.

Anyways, the judges and (probably) America love Archuleta and he has the momentum.  Like Obama - young and unqualified - but has the momentum and potential to carry him to victory.

1. Syesha (my favorite too) - She is definitely the complete package - gorgeous, good voice, great personality, great stage act.  She didn't showcase her voice this week.  She WILL BE BACK NEXT WEEK and better give us something!

2. Carly Smithson - her high notes were pretty good (not the best) but her low notes were bad. Watch it again if you don't believe me.  Heart is definitely PERFECT for her!  I like her.

3. Ramiele - I like her voice but did not like the song.  For me, the disco songs do not work well in Idol.  Well, maybe Donna Summer would.....with the right singer.

The rest...........
LADIES
Brooke White - a little boring.  Do we really need another Carly Simon?  What we DO need is another Tori Amos, but Brooke ain't it.

Kisty Lee Cook - she is cute, but I fast forwarded through hers after hearing the first 20 seconds. I would like to see more of her. Wink Wink.

Amanda - What the F.....?  WHY IS SHE STILL HERE?  YUCK!  I would have left her in Toledo or Sioux Falls or whatever rock she crawled from under.

Alaina - hmmmm.

Alexandria - boring song but I kind of liked her.  I didnt like her much in the past.

Kady Malloy was okay.  Is it me or does she always look annoyed or angry or upset or something? 

Asia - Her voice is a little funny to me though I like her good-hearted personality and charisma.  Song was okay and I liked her ending.

GUYS
Michael Johns was terrible though I liked him in the past.  His stage act looks like he is always imitating Jim Morrison - two hands on the microphone and such.  Is it just me who sees this? 

Luke Menard picked an amazing song (Killer Queen) with alot of lyrical twists and turns. Verrry difficult to pull off.  His act was good and he carried himself well on stage, but his voice is too wimpy and annoying.

Robbie was boring. I like him though.  I want to see him really rock out to something harder like Van Halen or Metallica! 

Danny Noriega is too annoying and gay (not that there is anything wrong with that, lol).  Gay is fine but too gay is not. Voice seems okay though. And if he rolls his eyes again and makes another funny face and I going to throw my remote through my TV.

Jason Yeager was soo bad!!!!!!!  WHY IS THIS GUY HERE?
Jason Castro picked a downright nasty song and his vocals were horrendous.
David Cook - fast forwarded through, realized afterwards, and didn't care to go back.

Written By: snozberries on 02/28/08 at 5:51 pm

^ good observations I agree with most of what you said.

Written By: whistledog on 02/28/08 at 7:16 pm

Danny Noriega is safe.

It's the new Sanjaya >:(

Written By: midnite on 02/28/08 at 7:22 pm

Yeah Sanjaya.  I didnt watch it last season though. However, I know him.

When the singers get voted off for their bad performance, why do they sing the song that got them kicked off?  Seems a little counterintuitive. I guess because they had prepared all week for the song.

Written By: Brian06 on 02/28/08 at 7:30 pm

Damn that crappy Amanda chick is staying, along with Danny.  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 02/28/08 at 8:58 pm

Danny Noriega is safe.

It's the new Sanjaya >:(

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Sanjaya.  I didnt watch it last season though. However, I know him.

When the singers get voted off for their bad performance, why do they sing the song that got them kicked off?  Seems a little counterintuitive. I guess because they had prepared all week for the song.

I agree... it's like... Thank you for being on Idol but America thinks you suck....Okay SING!!!  ;D

Damn that crappy Amanda chick is staying, along with Danny.  ::)

No Way Alexandrea should be going home before Amanda.

America got 3 out of 4 right.

Written By: whistledog on 02/29/08 at 7:04 pm

It is kind of mean to make them sing after they've just been voted off.

If I was on American Idol (or Canadian Idol) and I was voted off, I sure as heck wouldn't sing the song I Sang for that week.  I'd just make up something on the spot with lyrics like "You voted me off, and I know who you are, so becareful tonight when you start up your car" or "You didn't vote for me, and it really broke my heart, so instead of a farewell (puts microphone to ass) i'll let a big fart"

:D

Written By: coqueta83 on 02/29/08 at 7:37 pm

I was very sad to hear that Alexandrea got eliminated. I really thought she would be in the top 12 for sure.  :(

It is kind of mean to make them sing after they've just been voted off.

If I was on American Idol (or Canadian Idol) and I was voted off, I sure as heck wouldn't sing the song I Sang for that week.  I'd just make up something on the spot with lyrics like "You voted me off, and I know who you are, so becareful tonight when you start up your car" or "You didn't vote for me, and it really broke my heart, so instead of a farewell (puts microphone to ass) i'll let a big fart"

:D

;D ;D ;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/01/08 at 9:50 am

So I'm glad Jason Y and Alaina are gone.  But wow was I surprised with the other 2.  I can understand Amanda not going home yet cuz I guess she's got a fan base built from the auditions and Hollywood week. But Alexandrea was at least good ENOUGH to stay maybe another week.  Kady should be going soon.
And I could have sworn Luke singing Killer Queen was a definite suicide.  I just don't see how he could be more popular than Robbie.  Robbie should have made it to the top 12 and then some. Oh well at least my favorites are still there.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/05/08 at 3:46 pm

Ok so about the top 8 guys last night:

Luke has GOT to go home!!!!!  Killer Queen was bad enough but what he did last night was corny to the extreme and just plain SUCKED!  He a definite good-bye!  It's a tough call who else will be going home.  I'd like Danny to go but I have a feeling that's not gonna happen.
Despite the awkward beginning and losing breath at the end, I thought Jason did a pretty good job.  Michael Johns and David Cook were ok, although I think David C. still needs to work on pronouncing his words more clearly. 
Simon read my mind about David Archuleta:  he really should have stayed at the piano the whole time.  Or else stood the whole time.  Doing both made his performance a little cheesy, IMO. I did not like Chikezie or the stripper this week.

Written By: ninny on 03/05/08 at 4:04 pm

Ok so about the top 8 guys last night:

Luke has GOT to go home!!!!!   Killer Queen was bad enough but what he did last night was corny to the extreme and just plain SUCKED!   He a definite good-bye!  It's a tough call who else will be going home.  I'd like Danny to go but I have a feeling that's not gonna happen.
Despite the awkward beginning and losing breath at the end, I thought Jason did a pretty good job.  Michael Johns and David Cook were ok, although I think David C. still needs to work on pronouncing his words more clearly. 
Simon read my mind about David Archuleta:  he really should have stayed at the piano the whole time.  Or else stood the whole time.  Doing both made his performance a little cheesy, IMO. I did not like Chikezie or the stripper this week.

I agree I think it should be Luke who I thought should of left 2 weeks ago and Danny should go,I like David A and I thought Jason & David C did really good jobs last night,Chikize is on one week off the next,Michael is usually steady (But I understand he already has a record contract)

Written By: snozberries on 03/06/08 at 10:14 am

I still don't like any of the guys... I guess Jason's okay but suddenly he started reminding me of Justin Guariny who I liked at first but then got really tired of.

I hate Luke and Danny...but I hate Danny More.

I still think Archuletta is over rated.  I live in California but watch and east coast feed of the show at 5pm  Fox news out of NYC seems to be campaigning pretty hard for him. They do a feature on him every Tuesday...apparently he sang at ground zero or something and won them over...

Hernandez is annoying. Stripper or not he needs to go or take that dumb look off of his face when he performs.  Wait- he was a stripper...that's where he learned it...its all starting to make sense now. That stupid look the wiggle in the hips...he is reverting back to his true talent  ;D

I think midnite  nailed it in saying Michael Johns was imitating Jim Morrison...it almost as if he channels him every week.

I didn't hate Chikeze

FOR THE LADIES!

Ugh Kristy Lee Cook and Kady can go... I really wish Kady had come out and done a fun 80s song... She keeps doing these ballad and is so serious....if her family loved her they would show her the performances and say " see you never smile & your eyes look angry- Loosen up your face a bit babe...and have fun with it no matter what song you are singing."

I really dislike Amanda but it was a good song choice and good performance from her.....I will be bored if she goes on tho because she does pretty much the same thing in every performance.

There's something about Asia'h that I just don't like....she sings well enough so it must be something else. You know how when you meet a person you can just tell?  Anyway... Listening to her sing a Whitney song and then they cut to her friend in the audience and I thought...oh look! Here's the cast for the new season of Being Bobby.....we don't need the real people we'll just have an announcement at the beginning of each ep that reads...the roles of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown are now being played by....  ;D

Syessha was the only performance I cared for over two nights worth of performances.

Carly Smithson sang well but I wasn't familiar with the song so I didn't listen to the whole thing.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/06/08 at 4:29 pm

As for the girls:  I really think it's time for Kady to go.  Apparently she almost went home last week?  That should be a pretty good predictor.  I don't care for Kristy Lee Cook either.  Amanda was good but yes it's getting old now.  She needs to do something a little different.  Syesha was ok but man all these cliche songs!!  What is up with that???
I do like Asia'h too or I did the first week when she sang Janis Joplin.   But  now I'm starting to wonder why she's singing all these really really cliche songs.....maybe it's because she figures everybody knows the words so that means she doesn't have to pronounce anything correctly  :P   Seriously listen to last night's performance and also "Piece of My Heart" from 60's week.  It's like there are no consonants!!!

Written By: midnite on 03/08/08 at 12:36 am

Guys.
David Cook surprised me and probably the rest of the world with his amazing version of Lionel Ritchie's Hello.  I'm a fan now.
Archuleta - agree he is overated as we discussed.  He seems to be a one-trick pony.  Can the kid rock out??????????
Michael Johns - charming and can rock out.  I like him but the hopping and Jim Morrison rip off is annoying.
Hernandez - okay he is a gay stripper and makes really annoying goofy faces (snoz, lol), but i actually like his singing and his stage act. 
Chikeze - I liked his Donnie Hathaway but that was it.  I thought he was solid and okay this week.  He will go in the next week or two.
Jason - he lucked out and tugged at Simon's heartstrings last week.  When he sings he looks like he is gonna cry. I think he should go soon.  I am on the fence with Jason.  Not sure if I like him or not.

Girls.
Syesha - I am sticking by Syesha as my favorite (of girls and guys). She didnt add any originality to Whitney but sang well.  Whats up with the quick comments from the panel?  Conspiracy theorists may say she is a darkhorse since they rush by her with the comments and dont spend alot of time on her.
Carly - solid week in and out.  She picks good songs for her style.  There is something I dont like about her but I cant put my finger on it.  Also, this week after being "safe" I did not like the way she walked directly to the chair without shaking anyone's hands or hugging like all the other contestants did.  It seemed obnoxious or conceeded.  It reminded me of something Barry Bonds would do.  Yuck.
Brooke - solid week in and out.  She doesnt blow me away.  She is okay.
Ramelly - has a great voice but picks bad songs and does not let her voice go. 
Kristy - did the country thing well on Journey.  I am not impressed. I think she is gone this week.
Amanda - one (bad) trick pony. wtf, this joke has gone on too long. Why is she still here?  Is it only me?  Am I crazy for not seeing the talent? 

If that goofball Taylor Hicks can win then maybe Amanda has a chance.
Next weeks goodbyes (in my opinion) - Jason, Chikeze, Amanda, Kristy.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/09/08 at 9:32 am

Syesha - I am sticking by Syesha as my favorite (of girls and guys). She didnt add any originality to Whitney but sang well.  Whats up with the quick comments from the panel?  Conspiracy theorists may say she is a darkhorse since they rush by her with the comments and dont spend alot of time on her.

I think they had to be real quick because they were out of time.  That's what happens when Paula and Simon keep arguing and Seacrest keeps asking stupid questions.  If I was an Idol contestant and he kept asking me stupid stuff like "So what were you thinking about when you sang that song?"  or "Wow the judges all gave you bad critiques- how does that make you feel?"  I'd be like "Go **** yourself Seacrest!!!!"  Or something like that.  Sure, I'd lose votes but at least I might make him shut up for a while  lol

Written By: whistledog on 03/09/08 at 9:36 am

Has Danny Noriega been voted out yet?

The last thign we need is Sanjaya: The Sequel ::)

Written By: midnite on 03/09/08 at 10:30 am

LOL. Yes Danny is finally gone.  I didnt like his antics though he appears to have some talent.  I have a feeling, this is not the last we have heard from Sanjaya Dos.  Ugh.

Written By: snozberries on 03/09/08 at 3:54 pm

David Cook surprised me and probably the rest of the world with his amazing version of Lionel Ritchie's Hello.  I'm a fan now.

Apparently Whoopi Goldberg and I are the only ones who disagree with everyone else about David Cook.

I hated his performance.  Elisabeth Hasselbeck was talking about how great it was and then they played a clip of it...the look on Whoopi's face was priceless. She was as confused by it as I was.

I agree with almost everything else you said tho.

I was shocked that Asia'h was voted out over Kristy lee Cook. I mean I never really liked Asia'h but I thought Kristy's performance (Faithfully right?)  was consistently out of tune!

TGDNIG......Thank God Danny Noriega is Gone!  ;D  Hateful bitch...did anyone watch the Soup? They showed a clip they got off of his myspace page.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/12/08 at 4:24 pm

Ok so my summary of the top 12 doing the beatles:

Sayesha- She did good but nothing that wowed me.

Chikezie- Ok now I hate bluegrass yet I love the way he started the song.  Then when he started rockin out it was kinda weird but I still liked it.

Ramiele- Boring.  Nuff said.

Jason- He did really good but it could have been better.

Carly- I'll admit it was very good.  But there's still something about her voice I don't like.  It sounds a tad too "musical theater-ish"

David Cook- Kind of dull until he got to the "look at all the lonely people" part.  I still hate the way he pronounces his words.

Brooke- Alright but once again very cliche

David H- A complete mess

Amanda- Could not understand a word she said.  Except for "you can't do that"

Michael Johns- Good but very very boring

Kristy Lee Cook- TERRIBLE!!!!  We are done with this year's Sanjaya but we still have a Kellie Pickler.  She needs to go home tonight.

David Archuleta-  Horrible!  Exactly why I think he is overrated.  And then he says he wasn't familiar with many Beatles songs.  What???????

Written By: robby76 on 03/12/08 at 8:38 pm

David Archuleta-  Horrible!  Exactly why I think he is overrated.  And then he says he wasn't familiar with many Beatles songs.  What???????

You leave him alone ya big bully!  ;D

It was nice to see he wasn't perfect though - if anything that probably won him a few more fans. I'm not too keen on his 'child star pageant' past but you can't deny he's extremely talented...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFAAzxAlhHc

Other than that I agree with your comments, esp with the Chikezie bluegrass intro... loved that!

I was expecting more from Ramiele. Out of the girls, Brooke did the best.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/12/08 at 9:04 pm

I thought for sure Kristy would be going home.  But at least now I no longer have to watch the creepy eyebrows of David Hernandez.  Sorry not trying to be mean.  I just don't see as much talent as there was last year or the year before.

Written By: midnite on 03/12/08 at 9:33 pm

I missed tonight's episode. Who left?

Last night I liked....
Chikeze - lots of energy. He is growing on me.
Carly - Looked like a pro on stage - great performance though there is something i dont like about her.  Something mean or sneaky......I cant figure it out.  Her mouth is funny when she belts out the big notes too. 
David H - I cringed during the slow part, but he reallly rocked out at end.  He too, is growing on me the last two weeks.

Average / Bad....
Syesha - my old love.  Has bored me in the last few weeks.  She should be on TV, not on idol though.  She is cute and peppy.  I love her voice but, like boring Ramelly, she doesnt step up.  =(
Ramelly - bad again.  She is riding a good performance 3 or 4 weeks ago.  She should go.
Castro - as always he looked HIGH as a kite.  I didnt like it or anything he does.
Amanda - not my thing at all!! But better than Archuleta. Ha ha ha.  I really dont understand why she is still here.
Michael Johns - I actually enjoyed it.   I dont like his stage act though.
Kristy - not in sync with music.  Band was jamming away to some weird lyrics over top.
David - Very uncomfortable.  He looked like a gay stripper (or so I am told).  I liked him prior to this week.  I still think he is talented.
Brooke - I dont see it.  She seems good but not great.  The emotion in songs seems fake.  Just me???
Archuleta - finally the sham is revealled.  Ha. Can't do anything other than ballads and that monotone voice......yuck!

Written By: snozberries on 03/16/08 at 12:39 pm

This is late from me... but here it goes....hope you don't mind QueenAmenRa but I am borrowing the list you made to save time.  ;)

Ok so my summary of the top 12 doing the beatles:

Sayesha- I like Sayesha a lot but I wasn't surprised she was in the bottom 3.

Chikezie- That was weird but yeah there was something about him loosening up that made it fun...weird but still fun.  ;D

Ramiele- I guess I was the only one who liked it....but remember its one of my favorite beatles songs so I was too busy enjoying it to be bored....plus she didn't hit any sour notes...that I would have noticed.

Jason- Okay Jason is the new Justin Guarini...the more I see him the more I fall out of favor with him I liked him up until last week (when they were 14 going down to 12) and I would've happily watched him go home this week.

Carly- I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT!!!

David Cook- So was he like channeling Kurt Cobain or what??? Totally annoying!

Brooke- Alright but once again very cliche <<<<< WHAT SHE SAID!!! I might add the Idol Judges cliche phase for the performance...."it was safe"

David H- UGH! Glad he's gone but....Kristy Lee probably should've gone first

Amanda- I wish she had another trick in her bag  8-P

Michael Johns- I don't even remember it so it must have been boring.

Kristy Lee Cook- OMG John Lennon just jumped up out of his grave and is walking to LA now so that he can personally take the girl out.

EXACTLY- First of all,.. so he's not familiar with the Beatles huh? When I was in high school 82-86 I was the only one listening to the Beatles but just a couple of years ago there was a huge insurgence of Beatles music... it was everywhere.  Plus- he said he was familiar with Stevie's version of that song he did....hmmmm guess not because he forgot the lyrics!!!    You know there were many easier Beatles songs out there..he could've done "Penny Lane"  or  "She Loves You"  (I mean how hard is it to remember Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!  ;D )

Oh I forgot to mention... my local radio station made me American Idol commentator b/c I called in to give them information they wanted about idol and we got to talking about the show and they liked what I had to say!!!  SO that'll be fun!

Written By: Zoso on 03/16/08 at 1:04 pm

Bit late, but in Australia we get the shows a bit later, so my assessment of the Beatles show:

Sayesha- Didn't do anything for me.

Chikezie- Loved it. It was fun, energetic and he really let loose.

Ramiele- Very boring. Unlike what Simon said. It wasn't the song, it was how she performed it that was boring.

Jason- It was nice. Just nice.

Carly- Very good. However, I wish she wouldn't get so much credit for the arrangement. http://youtube.com/watch?v=w_Z8k5ChsX8

David Cook- Awesome. I loved it. Great arrangement. My favourite performance of the night.

Brooke- Very good. Nice vocals. Could've taken the song to another level though.

David H- Terrible.

Amanda- Loved it. Great song. Great performance. Great vocals.

Michael Johns- Very good vocals. This guy's my pick to win it. But it was bordering on being boring.

Kristy Lee Cook- Yuck.

David A- A very unfortunate performance. But I'll let it slide since he's been very good up to this point and I'll put it down to first-night-on-the-big-stage-gitters.

Written By: midnite on 03/16/08 at 11:06 pm

Oh I forgot to mention... my local radio station made me American Idol commentator b/c I called in to give them information they wanted about idol and we got to talking about the show and they liked what I had to say!!!  SO that'll be fun!

Go Girl!!!

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/08 at 9:38 am

Just gave my review of the show.... It's so much fun.

I picked Kristy Lee, Amanda & regrettably Syesha for bottom 3.  W/ my luck watch Ramiele go this week.....

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/19/08 at 12:43 pm

So who's brilliant idea was it to do another week of Beatles?  Last night just overall sucked.  Here's my list:

Amanda:  She's just plain annoying now

Kristy: Not as bad as last week but not good either

David A: Good but it was kinda boring for me

Michael: I like the song but he is just so boring to me.  I wish he would stop with the Jim Morrison impersonations

Brooke: Good song choice but somehow she didn't pull it off.  I think it needed to be in a higher key or at least she should've gone an octave higher for the "sun sun sun here it comes" part.... and all the movements were just tacky

David C: One of the only decent performances of the night.  Though I think it's time for him to change things up a bit: he's getting predictable. 

Carly: Sorry Carly.  Didn't work for me.  The way she sings just screams "Broadway" for some reason and it just doesn't work with that song

Jason: Just plain awkward.  I was expecting better things from Jason but now I don't know...he's having trouble with his song choices

Sayesha: When I first heard she was singing "Yesterday" I thought "Doh! Another cliche choice"  But I guess last week really was a wake-up call for her and she made it my favorite of the night

Chikezie: Why didn't the band tell him "Chikezie, other contestants pick up an instrument on the show because they actually KNOW how to play it!" Just a bad performance

Ramiele At least it wasn't boring but it was a bit cheesy for me.  The hat has got to go too

Written By: Satish on 03/22/08 at 12:15 pm

I can't believe Amanda got voted off this week! I thought she had the best voice, by far. Boy, people have no taste!  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 03/22/08 at 1:12 pm

I can't believe Amanda got voted off this week! I thought she had the best voice, by far. Boy, people have no taste!  >:(

sorry I'm glad she's gone.... I mean I can see her fronting for a rock band but as a solo artist? no way...

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/22/08 at 9:25 pm

Her voice was definitely very unique and from when I watched her audition and the Hollywood rounds I thought she was very good.  She was my favorite before the show really started.  But once they went live she kept doing the "rocking out" thing and it just doesn't work for her- especially when she's always singing in the lower range it just sounds bad.  I think that if she had sung "Oh Darling" last week it would have worked a LOT better and she may have stayed longer.  But her same-ol same-ol routine and especially last week's display of big-headedness and her saying "Ballads are boring" are for sure what lost her votes. 

Another annoying contestant down, now Kristy needs to go.  Hopefully this year we'll really lose all the Sanjayas and Kellie Picklers before the good ones.  But honestly, as far as talent, this is one of the worst seasons I can remember.  Sure they're spicing it up with allowing other instruments and everything.  But I doubt we'll ever see another Melinda Doolittle likeness or the collective talent of season 5.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/25/08 at 9:22 pm

Strange theme this week: songs from the year of their birth.  Any way here's my critique:

Ramiele: Seemed very forced and she was horribly flat on the high notes.  But then they say she's sick tonight...Still I don't know if she should have sung that song

Jason: Good song choice and it was very soothing but yeah I gotta agree it was a little boring and he really needs to step it up before I lose hope in him  :-\\

Sayesha: I really liked this one.  She was a little flat on some notes but overall it was very good

Chikezie: I thought he sang alright but it was kinda boring

Brooke: Always painful to watch a goof.  She covered it well though.  I agreed with Randy & Simon before they even spoke: she really should have just kept it simple and stuck to the piano and it would have sounded more interesting.  The band just drowned her out on this one

Michael: I honestly don't think "We Will Rock You" should be sung on Idol at all...however I think he sung well on the "We are the Champions" segment, although his motions seemed a bit forced.  It is was still IMO the first performance of his I didn't just want to snore on

Carly: A very cliche song choice and she didn't pull it off

David A: I don't know this song but it was just weird for me.  I love Simon's comment about it being a "theme park performance"  I can totally see the DisneyWorld characters dancing around  LOL

Kristy: I did not like the choice of song and I'm surprised the judges did.  "God Bless the USA" is one of those songs you sing at a school assembly or something like that....I just don't see it as an Idol song but I guess she sang it ok

David C: WOW!!!  For the first time I am just dying to watch his performance over and over.  Still have problems with his enunciation but with tonight's performance it does not matter.  Has someone else sung this arrangement before?? Whoever arranged "Billy Jean" that way IMO is a genius!

Written By: whistledog on 03/25/08 at 10:49 pm

I was shocked when David Archuletta sang 'You're the Voice' because that song wasn't popular in America, and I knew the judges wouldn't recognize it.  In a way that's good though because the voters won't be able to compare it to the original, unless they've already downloaded it to compare

For those of you watching from the UK, Australia, Canada or any other place where the original was massive back in the 80s, did Archuletta do Farnham justice?  I thought he was pretty good :)

Written By: gibbo on 03/25/08 at 11:31 pm

I was shocked when David Archuletta sang 'You're the Voice' because that song wasn't popular in America, and I knew the judges wouldn't recognize it.  In a way that's good though because the voters won't be able to compare it to the original, unless they've already downloaded it to compare

For those of you watching from the UK, Australia, Canada or any other place where the original was massive back in the 80s, did Archuletta do Farnham justice?  I thought he was pretty good :)

Wow you heard of John Farnham over there? I thought he only ever made it big in Oz... except for his short stint with LRB.  To date, I've vever heard a voice to match him singing that song. I didn't see the AI performance though.

Written By: Zoso on 03/27/08 at 1:26 am

David A - Great song, well sung, shame the judges didn't appreciate the song choice as much as I did.
Jason - I loved it. I don't know what the judges were on about. I thought it was good.
David C - It was well sung, and he's got powerful vocals, but I didn't like the arrangement.
Kristy - lol, WTF? What a cheap and tacky way of getting votes.
Michael - AMAZING! Best performance of the night, maybe of the series so far.
Ramiele - I wasn't into it. Pretty forgettable.
Syesha - Predictable song choice but amazingly sung.
Carly - Again, it was forgettable and I wasn't into it.
Brooke - All right. But again, like so many other contestants, she just doesn't so anything for me.
Chikezie - Very, very good. Don't understand why the judges didn't like it. I will never understand why he got voted off.

Written By: robby76 on 03/27/08 at 1:34 am

I thought Kristy was the best overall this week - yes a little corny, but worthy of votes.

David Archuleta picked a cracking song. "You're The Voice" was a hit everywhere but America I think... haha.

Syesha showed the most improvement this week - her vocals were smooth!

Jason was great too - he's quite consistent.

Ramiele let me down slightly.

Written By: snozberries on 03/27/08 at 10:18 pm

I thought for sure Ramiele would go... she had no confidence in her vocals this week...

Simon was right Kristy made a smart choice... I mean who vote someone out the week they sing God Bless the USA

Jason has been boring me steadily for several weeks now...is he high or are his eyes always that vacant?

Sayesha.... I know she won't win but I hope she sticks around a long time. I really loved the performance

Chiekezie...okay how much do his parents hate him for actually naming hiim Chickezie Eze?

At first I thought Cook's arrangement was strange but then by end I was like damn that's really good....now I know it wasn't his arrangement...kinda like Daughtrey's performance last year of that Johnny Cash song.

Archuletta....david, David, david.....Up With People called...they're saving a space for you just in case the rest of America comes to their senses  ::)

I have only liked Michael Johns twice in this competition and both times he was singing Queen....hmmmm wonder how he'll do Dolly night  ???

Carly rocks....even when she doesn't!

Brooke...hmmm I actually almost forgot about Brooke...nuff said

Speaking of Dolly Night...If Sayesha does I Will Always Love You I will personally vote her off next week!  It's too obvious a choice.

Written By: whistledog on 03/27/08 at 10:25 pm

Wow you heard of John Farnham over there? I thought he only ever made it big in Oz... except for his short stint with LRB.  To date, I've vever heard a voice to match him singing that song. I didn't see the AI performance though.

John Farnham was well known in Canada :)

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=16262.msg1229773#msg1229773

Written By: snozberries on 03/27/08 at 10:27 pm

John Farnham was well known in Canada with and without LRB.  Sadly though in the United States, his solo career didn't take off

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=16262.0

maybe I need to hear the original because from what I heard on Tuesday I was very happy to have never heard that song before...infact I fast forwarded through most of it.

Written By: whistledog on 03/27/08 at 10:34 pm

maybe I need to hear the original because from what I heard on Tuesday I was very happy to have never heard that song before...infact I fast forwarded through most of it.

The original is an 80s classic.  Might not be everyone's cup of tea though.  It's a sort of laid back rock song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr8XHPnWmuI

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 03/28/08 at 5:07 pm

The original is an 80s classic.  Might not be everyone's cup of tea though.  It's a sort of laid back rock song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr8XHPnWmuI

I'm a bit confused.....I thought the theme was "songs from their birth year"  I sure as heck know Archuleta wasn't born in '86!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 03/28/08 at 5:36 pm

Chikezie - Very, very good. Don't understand why the judges didn't like it. I will never understand why he got voted off.

I couldn't agree more!

What a shame that they let him go... :(

Written By: ninny on 03/28/08 at 6:00 pm

Is it just me or does Brooke sometimes seem to have an attitude when they are reviewing her performance.
I had her,Chikeze and a tie between,Ramiele & Jason in my bottom before Chikeze was voted off,I'm not sure how long Kristy will last.
Jason has been boring lately,David C is the one that could take it all,David A needs to liven up alittle,I like Carly she has a powerful voice,Michael & Sayesha have had up and down performances.

Written By: snozberries on 03/29/08 at 9:59 pm

Is it just me or does Brooke sometimes seem to have an attitude when they are reviewing her performance.
I had her,Chikeze and a tie between,Ramiele & Jason in my bottom before Chikeze was voted off,I'm not sure how long Kristy will last.
Jason has been boring lately,David C is the one that could take it all,David A needs to liven up alittle,I like Carly she has a powerful voice,Michael & Sayesha have had up and down performances.

The Soup has a great clip about Jason being stoned.... check the reruns of the soup this week....

Written By: midnite on 04/01/08 at 8:09 pm

I missed last week, but was fortunate to catch this week's episodes. Here are my thoughts:

Brooke and David Cook seemed a little boring to me.  Brooke reminded me of a female version of Jason Castro the way she shook her head.

Ramielle - I kinda liked it. Not thrilled, but liked it.  Though I am not a fan of hers and think she should go.

Jason Castro - as usual, i found his perfomance boring and think he should go back to Texas.

Carly - I though that her performance was outstanding.  I am not a fan of hers. I think she has a wierd attitude and fakeness though.

Archie - Great performance and he has a very soothing voice that never fails to put me to sleep.  All he does is ballads though.  Snore.....

Kristy Lee - I agree with Simon that her performance was not memorable.  Her singing seemed rushed to me.

Syesha - I thought my goddess of soul was back.  My original favorite for the competition.  Simon seemed to disagree.  I though her voice was amazing!  And what is with the UNFAIR Whitney comparisons?

Michael Johns - I was in the other room and heard his voice and thought "is there another black man on idol?"  Like C. Thomas Howell, Michael changed into a black man overnight and had outstanding smooth vocals.  I enjoyed it.  He is pretty consistent though I find his stage act a little annoying.

Dolly - I thought she looked great for her age.  Loved her hair!!

Written By: whistledog on 04/01/08 at 8:24 pm

I'm a bit confused.....I thought the theme was "songs from their birth year"   I sure as heck know Archuleta wasn't born in '86!

It didn't reach the US chart until 1990.  It had already been an international smash back in 1986/87

Written By: robby76 on 04/02/08 at 6:02 am

Ooo-weee I love me some Dolly!

Brooke – I don’t actually like Jolene that much. Good but nothing spectacular.

David Cook – Little Sparrow has always been a haunting song. David rocked it up a bit which made it a little less spooky. Not bad. He seems to have had a mini-makeover as he looks less greasy this week.

Ramiele – The song didn’t go with her performance but I liked it a lot. She should’ve worn something else and done her hair different – you know gone a bit cheesey with it. Love the song though.

Jason Castro
– His vocals have a nice twangy country sound this week. Another good song - I likey!

Carly – Not only is this the best Dolly song ever, it's also one of my all-time faves of all time. Carly sang it well but she slowed it down a bit too much and it lost all it’s melancholy yet happy goodness. Technically good but I didn't like it. I agree about the fakeness too.

David Archuleta
– I love this boy but this week was bad. I mean he sang it flawlessly but the song itself was dullsville. But damn the judges love him.

Kristy Lee – Without a doubt this is her genre but once again the song goes nowhere.

Syesha - I’m glad she didn’t ‘whitney’ the song too much. Very nice, she’s getting better of late.

Michael Johns
- Maybe I’m not the best person to review the performance. It was good but ‘the blues’ isn’t my thing.

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/08 at 11:11 am

while I was watching Brooke's performance I was like wow is she going fast? also, the song is a song of desperation...Jolene please don't take my man. You're hot you can get anyone he's all I'll have till I die......  I didn't feel the emotion.....and neither did Simon  ;D

Ramiele lacks the confidence to go much further in the show.

David Cook....I guess Seattle grunge movement has made a comeback...I'll be in the 80's post grunge aisle thankyou

Jason Castro....I get the feeling he had lots of girls/guys sitting at his knee while he skipped class to play his guitar in the quad  ;D

David Archuleta... I still don't like David but I'm able to recognize a good performance when I hear it...  this may be the first time I remember him showing some range. I want him to lighten up...he's 17 years old for krikes sake...where's the fun song?

Kristy Lee... the country fans'll keep her around for a couple more shows

Carly I loved it...  hey midnite, I think Brooke was far more fake and cocky than Carly

Michael Johns It was a good performance

Syesha I am soooo disappointed but I knew it was coming... in my opinion doing I Will Always Love You was the safe choice for her.... It was good but not unremarkable.... I disagree with you midnite, you have to compare her to Whitney because the first half of the song was closer to Dolly but the last bit, including the high note, was most definately from Whitney's version.  Unless she gets the votes that would've gone to Chikeze she'll probably go home tonight...

If not Sy then Ramiele or Brooke.....

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/02/08 at 3:39 pm

Brooke: The performance was very boring and emotionless.  On top of that she was having trouble staying on the beat.  And her attitude is REALLY starting to p*ss me off! I mean STOP TALKING when the judges are critiqueing and then every time she gets something bad she goes "It's ok guys.  It's ok"  ???

David Cook: Not as good as last week's (which apparently caused a lot of controversy cuz nobody listens to Seacrest and didn't hear him say it's Chris Cornell's version lol).  However I really enjoyed it.  He does show off a good high range and he didn't make it too hardcore rock.  My favorite of the night.

Ramiele: It was pretty dull for me. She sang well, but just can't seem to project her voice much at all.  Maybe it was just a bad song choice.

Jason: Definitely better than last week's.  Not the best in the competition but I find his singing to be very soothing.

Carly: She sang well but I personally did not enjoy it.  I think just the styling of her voice just doesn't fit a lot of songs.  Actually "Come Together" was the only one of hers that I actually liked.  I don't know that I would say its a "fakeness" about her but something about the way she sings- a bit too mechanical I guess.

David Archuleta: Ho hum. Like Carly he sang well but this song is just a little annoying to me for him to be singing it.  He picks songs that are too serious or just don't seem to fit his personality.  I agree with snoz I mean come on he's 17 and probably being held captive by pushy stage parents, how is he missing his old folks back home in the Smoky Mountains?  OK maybe that's a bit extreme but you catch my drift.

Kristy Lee: I guess she didn't sing bad but it was just boring.  Like something you'd see at a small town high school talent show.

Syesha: I'm 100% with Snoz on this one.  When my little sis, a Syesha fan, said "She better sing I Will Always Love You"  my thought was no, she better not.  The very fact that you could predict she would pick this song means there's a problem.  It was "safe" for her and by being safe it's highly possible she's going home.  Yes she tried to make it a little different, but all in all it ended up sounding like the Whitney version anyway.  And I can't tell if she messed up on the first chorus or if she meant to arrange it that way.  I don't think it's unfair that the judges made comparisons to Whitney because this is just one of those songs that will ALWAYS be compared to Whitney whether you want to or not.  A truly smart Idol contestant would realize they need to stay away from the "Divas" (Whitney, Aretha, Celine, Mariah) as these songs tend to be so cliche and end up sending people home.

Michael Johns: He sang this really really well.  Stage presence is still a little awkward but tonight his vocals proved to be great.

I definitely think Syesha is going home tonight, though I'd rather see the either of the blondes of Ramiele go home first.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/02/08 at 9:18 pm

Wow, so Syesha was safe after all.  That was the right bottom 3 and I don't at all mind that Ramiele is gone.  She started strong the first couple weeks but since then failed to do anything spectacular. 

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/08 at 9:52 pm

yeah America pretty much got it right... You had to figure she was going I mean her mike wasn't even when she started her solo portion of 9 to 5 and they had just finished the chorus where everyone was singing.... ;D

what's this crap from Syesha tho... "I didn't want to be compared .... I got news for ya babe attempt a song by a diva and we have no choice but to compare...if you changed it up more but she didn't do that...she just sang it 40% Dolly and 60% Whitney  >:(

Written By: Zoso on 04/03/08 at 6:52 am

It's only one of the greatest songs ever.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/09/08 at 6:48 am

So, last night:

Michael:  It started out ok and then ended up as a horrible impersonation of Steve Tyler  ugh

Syesha:  Remember last year when LaKisha sang "I Believe" during the same week and it probly almost sent her home? Syesha does not know how to choose songs!!! If anything's worse than singing "I Will Always Love You"  it's singing the winning song of a former idol.  DUH!

Jason: Very very very nice!!  The only thing he needs to work on now is breath control

Kristy:  I personally did not like it but I guess it was the best for Kristy.  I'm sure her fan base will probably keep her in another week.

David Cook:  I don't know the song but it sounds like something that I'd switch channels if I heard it on the radio.  And I don't think he sang it well anyway.  Sorry David

Carly: It started ok but a little rough and I was thinking she may have done alright on the chorus...Nope.  A horrible rendition of the song

David Archuleta: I love the song.  I wish he had kept the melody more basic but then that would probably be boring for him because the tone of his voice is so boring that he has to do all those runs

Brooke:  Meh.  So-so.  You don't need to introduce your family and piano teacher

I see it being between Syesha and Brooke.  Carly was bad but she's probly not going home yet.

Written By: whistledog on 04/09/08 at 7:27 am

I was surprised when David Cook said he was gonna sing an Our Lady Peace song.  I know what the original sounds like, so I thought he did a pretty good job

Written By: ninny on 04/09/08 at 8:17 am

I think Carly,Syesha,and a toss up between Brooke and David C will be in the bottom 3-,I would like David C to win it all with his raw talent,but I'm not sure if too many people are going to know the song he picked last night,his song and Carly's may not have been what people think of as inspirational.

Written By: snozberries on 04/09/08 at 8:51 am

So, last night:

Michael:  It started out ok and then ended up as a horrible impersonation of Steve Tyler  ugh

Syesha:  Remember last year when LaKisha sang "I Believe" during the same week and it probly almost sent her home? Syesha does not know how to choose songs!!! If anything's worse than singing "I Will Always Love You"  it's singing the winning song of a former idol.  DUH!

Jason: Very very very nice!!  The only thing he needs to work on now is breath control

Kristy:  I personally did not like it but I guess it was the best for Kristy.  I'm sure her fan base will probably keep her in another week.

David Cook:  I don't know the song but it sounds like something that I'd switch channels if I heard it on the radio.  And I don't think he sang it well anyway.  Sorry David

Carly: It started ok but a little rough and I was thinking she may have done alright on the chorus...Nope.  A horrible rendition of the song

David Archuleta: I love the song.  I wish he had kept the melody more basic but then that would probably be boring for him because the tone of his voice is so boring that he has to do all those runs

Brooke:  Meh.  So-so.  You don't need to introduce your family and piano teacher

I see it being between Syesha and Brooke.  Carly was bad but she's probly not going home yet.

Jason... I agree with you... I hate when Randy tells someone their performance was a little pitchy but in this case he was right.  Simon nailed it... I prefer you as a bluesy singer better than when you're imitating a rock star.

Syesha.... I think she just sang that song because she knew she could sing the song.... not because it inspired her which is why she was disconnected from it....she's playing a strategic game but not necessarily a smart one.  I love R&B but I am tired of Sy rehashing R&B songs..  I want her to take a song that's never been done R&B and arrange it to suit... I suppose she doesn't possess that talent tho so she will remain a very talented singing hack!

Jason....dang he bores me. It was nice but really who would buy an entire album sung by Jason...eventually all the tracks would be identical. 

Kristy... it wasn't bad but it wasn't great just okay.  She'll get a nice recording contract and if her fans buy the album she'll get a second album..but she's gone sometime in the next three weeks.

David Cook.... Didn't know the song so I can't tell if he performed it well... I didn't like the song either ....he should be in the bottom three but not going home this week.

Carly.... my Carly girl (my dog) is really sick right now... some how I've been linked the two in my head last night and my  gut feeling si that she is going home... I hope I am wrong about this tho.

Archuleta..... "boring tone"  thank you - you hit that one right on the head... I think he's finally found his upper register but his low notes are sooooo out of tune.....or is that just me?

Brooke White... as much as I want others to go home (Archuleta, Kristy Lee) I think Brooke is going home tonight. she had no confidence in that performance last night and it showed...hey is this the first week she didn't argue with the judges?

Written By: robby76 on 04/09/08 at 9:14 am

Jason Castro -

Jason....dang he bores me. It was nice but really who would buy an entire album sung by Jason...

Ummm me?  ;D

He does have that Jack Johnson sound to him, so you can't say no-one would buy into that genre.

David Archuleta - For once I agree with you lot on David. I get the dull tone you've been on about. I actually don't like "Angels" as a song, but he did improve towards the end.

Kristy Lee
- I had to watch it twice to appreciate the song more, so it's a grower but she did well.

The rest were just okay. I liked Syesha's high note but agree on the no connection thing.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/09/08 at 3:53 pm

Syesha.... I think she just sang that song because she knew she could sing the song.... not because it inspired her which is why she was disconnected from it....she's playing a strategic game but not necessarily a smart one.   I love R&B but I am tired of Sy rehashing R&B songs..  I want her to take a song that's never been done R&B and arrange it to suit... I suppose she doesn't possess that talent tho so she will remain a very talented singing hack!

Kristy... it wasn't bad but it wasn't great just okay.  She'll get a nice recording contract and if her fans buy the album she'll get a second album..but she's gone sometime in the next three weeks.

Brooke White... as much as I want others to go home (Archuleta, Kristy Lee) I think Brooke is going home tonight. she had no confidence in that performance last night and it showed...hey is this the first week she didn't argue with the judges?

That's exactly how I feel about Syesha.  She needs to pick a song no other R&B singer has but obviously she doesn't know how. 

Yup, Kristy doesn't need to win Idol.  Nashville will grab her anyway, just like they took in other bad contestants like Bucky, Pickler, and Phil Stacey

I guess Brooke didn't try to argue with the judges this time.  But to me, the arrogant-sounding "thank you" at the end of the song and then "introducing" her dad and piano teacher.....that's just about as annoying.  I'm starting to want her to go home more badly than Kristy.  At least this week she just stood there and smiled nicely during the judge's comments.

Written By: ninny on 04/09/08 at 3:57 pm

That's exactly how I feel about Syesha.  She needs to pick a song no other R&B singer has but obviously she doesn't know how. 

Yup, Kristy doesn't need to win Idol.  Nashville will grab her anyway, just like they took in other bad contestants like Bucky, Pickler, and Phil Stacey

I guess Brooke didn't try to argue with the judges this time.  But to me, the arrogant-sounding "thank you" at the end of the song and then "introducing" her dad and piano teacher.....that's just about as annoying.  I'm starting to want her to go home more badly than Kristy.  At least this week she just stood there and smiled nicely during the judge's comments.

I agree about Brooke

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/09/08 at 9:17 pm

Well I only got to see the last hour and a half of Idol Gives Back.  It was really moving last year and from what I saw tonight it was just as moving if not more so.  Though I did not like Miley Cyrus's song. ugh.  But I did like that the contestants sang "Seasons of Love"  and I LOVED that they ended the show with "Shout to the Lord"  Very surprising to sing a praise and worship song on Idol but it is an awesome song and really captured the meaning of the night.

Written By: Zoso on 04/09/08 at 10:53 pm

Michael:  I  actually loved it. Even the Stephen Tyler impersonation.

Syesha:  Bad song choice. But well sung.

Jason: Loved it. His best so far, or at least since Hallelujah.

Kristy:  I don't think I've ever liked Kristy. She's just so dull and boring.

David Cook:  Terrible song. OK vocally. I agree with Simon about his performance coming off as very pompous. The writing on the hand was so cliche and at least he could've written someone more powerful than "give back."

Carly: Terrible. Worst performance of the night.

David Archuleta: Very good song, very well sung.

Brooke: Very middle ground. The tears looked brought on.

Bottom 3 will be: Carly, Kristy and either Brooke or Syesha.

Written By: karen on 04/10/08 at 8:55 am

Well I only got to see the last hour and a half of Idol Gives Back.  It was really moving last year and from what I saw tonight it was just as moving if not more so.  Though I did not like Miley Cyrus's song. ugh.  But I did like that the contestants sang "Seasons of Love"  and I LOVED that they ended the show with "Shout to the Lord"  Very surprising to sing a praise and worship song on Idol but it is an awesome song and really captured the meaning of the night.

I watched the first hour or so.

Does anyone know the title of the song that Teri Hatcher sang?  My daughter and I were discussing one part of the lyrics but Elizabeth heard something about 'legacy' and I heard 'leather seats' so I wanted to check.

Written By: Jessica on 04/10/08 at 9:29 am

I watched the first hour or so.

Does anyone know the title of the song that Teri Hatcher sang?  My daughter and I were discussing one part of the lyrics but Elizabeth heard something about 'legacy' and I heard 'leather seats' so I wanted to check.

According to PerezHilton.com, it was "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood.

I only watched it because I wanted to see Hugh Laurie, and I missed him. Dammit. So I just kept watching. Out of the whole show, I figured out several things:

Annie Lennox still rocks.

Bono(saurus) gets on my nerves.

I despise Fergie and her craptacular singing. She should have kept her trap shut while Heart was on.

I hate being preached at, especially by big name stars. If they each contributed half their paycheck, then there would be no need for an overblown, pretentious show begging people who are already stretched to the limits financially to donate.

Don't think me cold hearted. I was deeply touched by the family Annie Lennox showed. But it does make me wonder how much money these stars chipped in.

Written By: karen on 04/10/08 at 10:56 am

According to PerezHilton.com, it was "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood.

Ah thanks.  Looks like I was right.

I only watched it because I wanted to see Hugh Laurie, and I missed him. Dammit.

I didn't know he was going to be on.  I missed him too.

Annie Lennox still rocks.

I hate being preached at, especially by big name stars. If they each contributed half their paycheck, then there would be no need for an overblown, pretentious show begging people who are already stretched to the limits financially to donate.

Don't think me cold hearted. I was deeply touched by the family Annie Lennox showed. But it does make me wonder how much money these stars chipped in.

Agreed

I despise Fergie and her craptacular singing. She should have kept her trap shut while Heart was on.

Who?  I think I missed this  :-\\

Written By: Jessica on 04/10/08 at 11:09 am

I didn't know he was going to be on.  I missed him too.

Yeah, he's in a band called "The Band From TV". The members are all from television. Yeah, I know that was obvious from the name. :D

http://www.bandfromtv.org/connectme/

Who?  I think I missed this  :-\\

This Fergie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stacy_Ferguson

Not this Fergie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Ferguson ;D

Written By: Satish on 04/10/08 at 11:14 am

Hey, I think Bono's great! He's my hero.  8)

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/10/08 at 4:12 pm

Hehe....according to South Park.... : "Have you ever wondered how Bono can make so many big records and still seem like a piece of crap?  Because he IS a piece of crap!"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY3NxPMYaAw

Written By: snozberries on 04/10/08 at 9:04 pm

I didn't think tonight's cast off was going to win the whole thing but I didn't expect them to go this week......  :-\\

Written By: ninny on 04/11/08 at 6:21 am

I think they made a bad choice sending Michael home. The compation is so fierce this year,you just never know when your going home.

Written By: robby76 on 04/11/08 at 8:27 am

Michael leaving was a huge surprise. Idol always likes to have at least one "shocking" departure with each season, so I guess it had to happen to someone. The Idol brand would hate to be labeled predictable.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/11/08 at 4:44 pm

I thought for sure out of that bottom 3 it (again) should have been Syesha going home.  Then that was so cruel how they gave that imaginary spark of hope that he might get to stay another week like they did last year.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/11/08 at 6:08 pm

Then that was so cruel how they gave that imaginary spark of hope that he might get to stay another week like they did last year.

I couldn't agree more!  :(

Written By: snozberries on 04/11/08 at 10:58 pm

I thought for sure out of that bottom 3 it (again) should have been Syesha going home.  Then that was so cruel how they gave that imaginary spark of hope that he might get to stay another week like they did last year.

yeah it was cruel  but I was gonna be pissed if I'd sat through 50 minutes of filler and no one went home!

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/12/08 at 6:39 am

I read that the Idol producers are going to have an upcoming show (when they get to the Final Four) where each contestant has to do a duet with Sanjaya, as a ratings gimmick.

Written By: whistledog on 04/12/08 at 10:25 pm

I read that the Idol producers are going to have an upcoming show (when they get to the Final Four) where each contestant has to do a duet with Sanjaya, as a ratings gimmick.

That's career suicide for the final 4

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/13/08 at 7:45 am

Yet oddly a major comeback for Sangina Sanjaya.

Written By: snozberries on 04/13/08 at 12:01 pm

And comedy gold for Joel McHale and the Soup.

I heard that Danny Norieaga and Sanjaya were going to star in a new sit com it's gonna be a spin off of that Zach & Cody show  ;D

Written By: coqueta83 on 04/13/08 at 7:46 pm

I'm sorry to hear Michael got eliminated.  :(

Written By: Zoso on 04/13/08 at 11:27 pm

Is the next show really going to be a Mariah Carey theme?

Written By: NbC on 04/14/08 at 12:39 am

Oh my!!!  :o  I wouldn't want to miss that show. 

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/14/08 at 4:10 pm

??? Seriously?  Will if everybody is forced to sing a Mariah Carey song maybe that will be good for Syesha.  Sing/imitate MC on any other night and it's near suicide

Written By: snozberries on 04/14/08 at 7:18 pm

Okay quick song predictions

It's Mariah Carey night......

Archuleta- Hero

Syesha- Vision of Love,  I Still Believe or I Don't Wanna Cry

Kristy Lee- should do I Don't Wana Cry

Brooke - I'll Be There... or Fantasy...

Cook...can never tell what David will do...

Jason- maybe he'll do I'll Be There...

can't imagine what the group song will be on elimination night... maybe that will be Fantasy.... 

Mariah'll sing her new song so now one should do that.

Written By: snozberries on 04/15/08 at 11:12 pm

so no one sang what I expected them to...I guess that might be a good thing.

Archuletta...still bores me. I just don't care when he sings.

Carly....the judges were right she didn't sing with full confidence but tonally it was still nice.

Syesha.....exactly what I expected I just expected her to do it on Vision of Love.

Brooke.....dude where's the fire? she's got some breathe control problems and she seemed to cut a lot of the notes short. What she rehearses on guitar and performs on piano?  that was just weird...

Kristy Lee..... she started off flat...she worked it out by the chorus....too bad she can't just sing the chorus...it would have been an excellent performance that way. Randy is reading over my shoulder again

David Cook..... is it just me or is David Cook turning into the ego that ate Idol?  That performance was a little self indulgent.

Jason Castro....this version is a little creepy but at least its different.  and what's with that look on his face?  I've got nothing to say it was neither good nor bad...it was as Simon would say forgettable.

bottom 3... Brooke, Kristy and Syesha or Carly....honestly this isn't a singing competition anymore...the one with the most fans will win oh God...Archuletta might actually win this thing  :-\\

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/16/08 at 10:11 pm

Ok this is a bit late but I'll go ahead and give my opinion of this week:

David Archuleta:  Good but very very copy-cat-ish

Carly:  Bleh

Syesha:  It was okay but for some reason it was sounding a bit pitchy to me

Brooke: Baaaaaaaaaad. She is so boring the way she only sings in her low/middle register and never tries reaching for the higher notes.  Then she kept speeding up at the end.

Kristy:  So-so

David Cook:  My favorite MC song, so that may make me a little biased.  I didn't care for the way he sang the verse but once he got to the chorus it was ok

Jason:  I liked it.  I know Jason isn't really a great singer in that he needs work on his breath control but I like the fact that he tries to really be different from the norm and his voice is really relaxing.

Overall, I think it was a bad week.  It's bad singing Mariah, Whitney, Aretha, or Celine anytime on Idol...... so why force them to sing Diva hits?  Doesn't make sense.  I thought it would be either Brooke or Carly going home but I sure as heck don't mind Kristy leaving.

Written By: robby76 on 04/16/08 at 10:25 pm

I agree - what a bad week!

I was looking forward to Mariah week, especially if it's early 90s Mariah.

My biggest let down was Kristy Lee... she picked the perfect beautiful song and then completely changed the tempo and made it drag along.

Archuleta
- good at the beginning but then he tried to do too much towards the end.

Syesha
- great singer but didn't know the song so couldn't connect.

Jason
- Boring song choice and boring performance... sorry Jason. Not totally horrible though.

David Cook
- Don't know what the judges are on about as that was just scary.

Carly
- Her vocals weren't there tonight.

Written By: midnite on 04/16/08 at 10:47 pm

bottom 3... Brooke, Kristy and Syesha or Carly....honestly this isn't a singing competition anymore...the one with the most fans will win oh God...Archuletta might actually win this thing  :-\\

True. LOL. Thumbs Up!!!

Written By: midnite on 04/16/08 at 11:04 pm

I agree with a little of Robby, QueenAmenRa, and Snozberries.

The more I watch Idol, the more I realize that all these people seem above average but not superstars.  There are no Mariah's or Bon Jovi's here.  I havent watched Idol since the William Hung days so I am not sure if past winners were mediocre on the show but great on CD.

Archuleta - Annoys me. Same thing every week.  Shouldn't he be singing in a high school theater instead of on TV?  His voice is kind of relaxing but I would fall asleep after the third song on a CD.  Face it.  His CD will be 100% slow monotone ballads.  Its cute for a 2-minute song here and there, but 10 minutes. Yikes!

Syesha - I still love her.  I liked her performance.  It is a conspiracy that she gets slammed every week by the judges.  We need the sisters watching the show to vote for her!

Jason - I find his pot-induced songs and smiles boring.  But the girls love him.

David Cook - Snoxberries, good point about David's Ego.  However, he is a rocker and a frontman and frontmen SHOULD have an ego.  David Lee Roth?  Hello?  No ego and an "aww, shucks" attitude, such as Archuleta and Castro is boring! QueenAmen, I agree with your comment about the slow part of the song. A little blah. But the chorus was fun.

Kirsty Lee - I always fast forward through her on my DVR. No comment.  Good riddance.

Brooke - as usual she bored me.  I think she should go next.

Carly - For some reason, I just don't like her.  Dont know why.  However, when she is good, she is really good.  But when she is not good, like last night, she is bad.

Written By: ninny on 04/17/08 at 6:16 am

I think they made the right choice,it was going to be Kristy or Brooke(who I think is on the verge of a breakdown)

Written By: robby76 on 04/17/08 at 8:50 am

Kristy Lee had so much more potential. Brooke should've gone - did you hear her singing in the group song? Yeeeash!  8-P ;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/17/08 at 8:12 pm

Kristy Lee had so much more potential. Brooke should've gone - did you hear her singing in the group song? Yeeeash!  8-P ;D

I have a feeling she'll be the next to go.  Hmm...I wonder who Vote for the Worst's next pick will be now that Kristy is gone...

Written By: midnite on 04/19/08 at 12:25 am

The guys all appear to be safe - David Cook seems legitimate and the fans love Archuleta and (for some reason - hunk factor) Jason Castro.

I think Brooke should be next to go since she always seems the same and hides behind the piano.

I really like Syesha and would hate for her to go. I think she is good, but she gets slammed every week (I dont understand why) and is always in the bottom three.  She may be next, though I think it would be a tragedy.

I would like to see Brooke, Carly, and Jason Castro leave and the top three be Cook, Archuleta, and Syesha (though it may be Carly instead of Syesha).

Written By: snozberries on 04/19/08 at 12:27 am

I have a feeling she'll be the next to go.  Hmm...I wonder who Vote for the Worst's next pick will be now that Kristy is gone...

but what if all the people who voted for Kristy give their votes to Brooke...if that happens then Syesha is gone for sure next week...how many weeks has she been in the bottom three?  most of them maybe all but one right?

Funny thing...watching Kristy Lee sing off the other night I finally started liking her...she had more personality that night than she did in the entire show.

I agree with a little of Robby, QueenAmenRa, and Snozberries.

The more I watch Idol, the more I realize that all these people seem above average but not superstars.  There are no Mariah's or Bon Jovi's here.  I havent watched Idol since the William Hung days so I am not sure if past winners were mediocre on the show but great on CD.

I've been watching from the beginning...  the first year there lots of auditions but very few talented singers...seriously Kelly Clarkson & Tamyra Gray were the best ones the first year..and some of these others... like RJ and Jim Verones (or whatever his name was) make Brooke and Krisy seem like Mariah and Dolly...I mean those guys were that horrible!

IMO  there have been more horrible contestants than good and I wonder what the judges saw in them.

Ryan Starr?
Nikki McKibbon (I think that was her last name)
Kevin Cor....Chicken Little
JonPeterLewis
oh and that Russian dude with the traech....whats his name..
and Constantine Morales Moruvelis whatever...

Dang maybe Archuletta isn't so bad.    ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/19/08 at 12:28 am

oh man its Andew Lloyd Webber night and then Neil Diamond the following week....please someone... wake me in two weeks.

Written By: midnite on 04/19/08 at 12:33 am

Andrew Lloyd Webber Night - Archuleta will kill on the showtunes since he is a theater geek.

Neil Diamond Night - If I hear Sweet Caroline, I will hurl a can of corn at my television.

Written By: snozberries on 04/19/08 at 12:35 am

Andrew Lloyd Webber Night - Archuleta will kill on the showtunes since he is a theater geek.

Neil Diamond Night - If I hear Sweet Caroline, I will hurl a can of corn at my television.

;D

Neil Diamond night Archuletta will sing Turn on Your Heart Light  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/19/08 at 12:36 am

;D

Neil Diamond night Archuletta will sing Turn on Your Heart Light  ;D

...and when he does I will hurl into a can of corn and throw that at my TV...  ;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/20/08 at 9:18 am

oh man its Andew Lloyd Webber night and then Neil Diamond the following week....please someone... wake me in two weeks.

Hmmm....Andrew Lloyd Webber  I'm guessing I might actually enjoy Carly then....maybe not.....I predict she or somebody will do Phantom of the Opera

And I am cracking up trying to imagine if somebody picks "Brother Loves Traveling Salvation Show"...... I can't tell which would be more amusing: Jason Castro or David Cook?

Written By: ninny on 04/20/08 at 9:40 am

oh man its Andrew Lloyd Webber night and then Neil Diamond the following week....please someone... wake me in two weeks.

Now now,they have to be versatile ;D ;D
Seriously we are talking two great's here
Phantom of The Opera...Jesus Christ Superstar...Memory..Don't Cry For Me Argentina
Sweet Caroline,Song Sung Blue...Cracklin Rosie..Forever in Blue Jeans
Wait a minute I'm putting myself to sleep
Oh well they are great,even if they are boring ;D

Written By: ninny on 04/23/08 at 8:43 am

Well in my opinion the 2 worst perfomers last night were Jason & Brooke..hopefully Brooke will go.

Written By: gibbo on 04/23/08 at 8:50 am

Heh heh...you mean you're awake now?  :o

Written By: robby76 on 04/23/08 at 9:02 am

Okay Idol goes Andrew Lloyd Webber. I can dig that!

Syesha
– Don’t know this one. I don’t not like it but I’m not getting excited over it either. Entertaining but not much else.

Jason Castro
– Blimey this one takes me back. He’s such a 70s boy though ain’t he! Definitely born in the wrong era.

Brooke
– It’s not my fave from Evita but I do love it. She did a decent job. Almost sounded like Madonna herself.

David Archuleta
– Okay now this song from the Phantom I absolutely adore. He’s doing a totally different version though – could be dangerous. It was okay I suppose. Need to get used to that arrangement.

Carly
– Damn she was going to sing my hands down number one Phantom track… and Webby’s gone and made her change her choice. Oh I don’t like this song at all. Bad song choice for me – it’s just noise lol. She sang well but I just can’t enjoy it.

David Cook
– Not my fave song from Phantom of the Opera but it’s the first song that he’s done that I actually like. He didn’t do much with it but I think that was a good call. Thumbs up from me. Performance of the night maybe?

Written By: snozberries on 04/23/08 at 8:45 pm

Well in my opinion the 2 worst perfomers last night were Jason & Brooke..hopefully Brooke will go.

I'm not reading any further than this post because I am at work and don't want to know...

gotta say I think Brooke and Jason will be in the bottom two...

I hope Jason goes. . . I kinda felt sorry for Brooke last night and hope she'll get the sympathy vote.

I think Syesha finally did what I wanted her tooo... too bad she didn't realize that she could've been doing that all along!

Carly was great.

Cook was good...I'm not a fan of Phantom but it was alright.

Archuletta still bores me... how much did I love ALW for telling the boy to open his eyes!!!! 

Written By: midnite on 04/23/08 at 10:41 pm

gotta say I think Brooke and Jason will be in the bottom two...

I hope Jason goes. . . I kinda felt sorry for Brooke last night and hope she'll get the sympathy vote.

I think Syesha finally did what I wanted her tooo... too bad she didn't realize that she could've been doing that all along!

Carly was great.

Cook was good...I'm not a fan of Phantom but it was alright.

Archuletta still bores me... how much did I love ALW for telling the boy to open his eyes!!!! 

I agree on all points Snozberries.

Last night
Yes, finally, my girl Syesha fulfilled her potential.  I thought she was lypsincing because it sounds sooooo smooth!
Castro and Brooke sucked as usual. Especially Castro.  Even with the puppy-dog eyes, he is always boring and goofy.
Archuletta - yes, boring as usual.  I think he forgot some of the lyrics in the middle and blew over them. 
Carly - again, I dont trust her (read earlier posts) but I thought she was good and rocked out.
David Cook - it was a bit uncomfortable, but he did well.  I will buy this album!

Tonight
Well the popularity contest begins......
Syesha and Carly, in the bottom two.  Doesnt make sense!  It should have been Brooke and Castro.
Carly, though I dont like her personality, is typically strong and a professional on stage.  She usually performs well.  I was shocked that she got the boot!!!!
David Cook is solid and should remain in the top (and may win).
Archuletta and Castro - obviously the 13 year old girls around the country are dialing in like crazy.
Brooke - has limited skills but America is voting for her.  Perhaps the sympathy vote because she forgot her lyrics dramatically.

(Obvious) Predictions
Next week - probably Syesha and Brooke in bottom two.  Brooke will go if Syesha delivers a solid performance like this week. No more sympathy votes for Brooke.
David Cook will deliver his usual "great" performance and be safe.
All the girls will continue to call in for (heart-throbs) Archuleta and Castro, no matter how bad or boring they are. 

Oh, and how nervous was ALW on stage.  Ryan sensed it and reached out to him at one time. It was kinda cute. LOL.

Written By: snozberries on 04/24/08 at 1:19 am

my mom said "when you get home you will be shocked"  (she never mentioned idol just started the conversation off as stated.
I said "So did Carly or Syesha get voted off"

my mom...after a long pause... "how did you know?"

Me... doesn't take much... I pretty spend my life analyzing TV so a hint no matter how slight will usually tip me off.. that's why I keep telling you that I don't watch next week previews of shows  or movie trailers!

she said "sorry didn't mean to spoil it for you"

me, to myself.... too late  :( 

Written By: snozberries on 04/24/08 at 1:24 am

Heh heh...you mean you're awake now?  :o

actually A. L. Webber night was better than I expected. I'm not a broadway baby so I didn't really expect to like it.

Andy... as I call him since we're old friends now  ;) ...  was pretty cool and honest... I like how he said in his direct address to the camera..exactly what he thought about the contestants...about Brooke... "I don't think that girl has a clue what she's singing about!"  ;D  I say that every week!   

Written By: robby76 on 04/24/08 at 4:16 am

I know I laughed at that. The boy looks half asleep when he sings - very unflattering.

Okay maybe Carly wasn't technically the one to go next, but I'm kinda glad she did. She's just not my genre.

Written By: ninny on 04/24/08 at 6:33 am

The voting sucked,it should of been Jason,Carly sang with energy,he sits there like a lump.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/24/08 at 4:23 pm

I could have sworn it would have been Brooke going home last night.  I wasn't a big fan of Carly but I didn't think it was her time to go...well, at least not after this week's performance.

The only thing I can think of is that Jason's got a huge fan base full of females.  Brooke got the sympathy vote and probably a lot of left-over Kristy fans.  Carly may have lost votes because of the haughty showing off of the "Simon likes me" t-shirt.  I dunno.    Next week will be interesting though.  I predict Brooke will go home this time- doubt a whole lot of Carly fans would vote for her.  But then you never know.... it might actually be Syesha going home.  Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/25/08 at 2:31 pm

I really thought it would come done to Carly and David Cook, now that's pretty much a lost hope. I really liked her power and am sure she'll get somewhere with it.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/25/08 at 2:35 pm

I thought Carly was definitely one of the better singers this season, and I'm really sad that she was eliminated... :(

Why on earth is Brooke still there?!  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 04/25/08 at 9:28 pm

I could have sworn it would have been Brooke going home last night.  I wasn't a big fan of Carly but I didn't think it was her time to go...well, at least not after this week's performance.

The only thing I can think of is that Jason's got a huge fan base full of females.  Brooke got the sympathy vote and probably a lot of left-over Kristy fans.  Carly may have lost votes because of the haughty showing off of the "Simon likes me" t-shirt.  I dunno.    Next week will be interesting though.  I predict Brooke will go home this time- doubt a whole lot of Carly fans would vote for her.  But then you never know.... it might actually be Syesha going home.  Guess we'll have to wait and see...

I liked the t-shirt. I thought it was funny and in no way conceited.  I think Syesha is next... how do we get everyone to vote for Cook just so I don;t have to hear David Archuleta is YOUR American Idol?

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/26/08 at 10:04 am

I think Syesha is next... how do we get everyone to vote for Cook just so I don;t have to hear David Archuleta is YOUR American Idol?

LOL Yeah no kidding.  But I do have a feeling it's gonna be David and David in the final 2.  Of course, the American Idol tendency is for the really good ones to go home in 3rd or 4th place:  Latoya London, Elliott Yamin, Melinda Doolittle.......

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 04/26/08 at 11:31 am

I thought Carly was definitely one of the better singers this season, and I'm really sad that she was eliminated... :(

Yes, I agree. Brooke is a good singer, but she doesn't move me. The same with Jason Castro. He's good, but he usually sings as if he's just woken up and grabbed some coffee at Starbucks and decided to pull out his guitar and sing a few morning tunes.

Written By: ninny on 04/26/08 at 11:32 am

That's what my husband and I've been saying for the last 3 weeks ;D

Written By: ninny on 04/26/08 at 11:38 am

LOL Yeah no kidding.  But I do have a feeling it's gonna be David and David in the final 2.  Of course, the American Idol tendency is for the really good ones to go home in 3rd or 4th place:  Latoya London, Elliott Yamin, Melinda Doolittle.......

That's what I'm thinking ..the 2 Davids though for some reason they keep on picking Brooke >:( and Jason :-\\
I'm hoping it's going to be David C,he has shown the most versatility,I don't think David A would be able to sing a hard rock song,nor any of the others,thou Syesha probably has the next best range.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/26/08 at 12:06 pm

The same with Jason Castro. He's good, but he usually sings as if he's just woken up and grabbed some coffee at Starbucks and decided to pull out his guitar and sing a few morning tunes.

Either that or he's high  LOL.  I actually like him just because he's unique and soothing and I guess you could say I like that sort of "hippie music"  haha.  But of course I did not at ALL care for his butchering of "Memory" 

To ninny:  I agree David C has shown the most versatility on the show.  He wasn't my fave at first and I still don't like a lot of his tendencies but he probably is the strongest one on the show.  This past week he showed he's capable of doing something other than rock....although he would probably be preferred doing rock.  To me, Syesha seems to be the least versatile in that she only picks certain type of songs: ALW night was the first time for me that it seemed she did something different. 
And I'm also glad ALW told Archuleta to open his eyes.  That's one thing that bugs me about watching the kid sing: he closes his eyes and lets the whole world view inside his nostrils every time he holds out a note.  I don't know but it seemed like he still had a tendency to close or slant his eyes even after getting that piece of advice

Written By: Midas on 04/27/08 at 11:52 am

Here's how I look at it (or listen to it, if you will):

I've had the luxury of morning radio play back the performances of these contestants week after week.  For me, if I like what I hear on the radio I'd be more inclined to buy that artist's album.  So far, only David Cook has impressed me of this final five and I would buy his album.  Archuleta can sing anything; sure, but I don't think I'd buy his music because I don't really see him having a lot of stamina in the pop/rock genre.  If Brooke puts out an album it should be titled "Stop and Start" ;D.  She's okay; I don't think she'll win it or move on much further.  Syesha has a good voice but most of her performances to date aren't very memorable.  Castro oil has only had two decent performances since the Top 12 and he's only there now for the popular vote.  His vocal ability pales in comparison to the rest of the remaining contestants.  Carly has more vocal talent than he does, Michael Johns sounds better than him...hell, I'll even state that Kristy Lee Cook (sp) has more talent than Castro.  I didn't care for her much at first but she continually got better and I see a future for her in country music.

So there you go...$0.02 from someone who periodically forces his musical opinions on people and gets them to like it. :D

Written By: midnite on 04/27/08 at 12:02 pm

Here's how I look at it (or listen to it, if you will):

I've had the luxury of morning radio play back the performances of these contestants week after week.  For me, if I like what I hear on the radio I'd be more inclined to buy that artist's album.  So far, only David Cook has impressed me of this final five and I would buy his album.  Archuleta can sing anything; sure, but I don't think I'd buy his music because I don't really see him having a lot of stamina in the pop/rock genre.  If Brooke puts out an album it should be titled "Stop and Start" ;D.  She's okay; I don't think she'll win it or move on much further.  Syesha has a good voice but most of her performances to date aren't very memorable.  Castro oil has only had two decent performances since the Top 12 and he's only there now for the popular vote.  His vocal ability pales in comparison to the rest of the remaining contestants.  Carly has more vocal talent than he does, Michael Johns sounds better than him...hell, I'll even state that Kristy Lee Cook (sp) has more talent than Castro.  I didn't care for her much at first but she continually got better and I see a future for her in country music.

So there you go...$0.02 from someone who periodically forces his musical opinions on people and gets them to like it. :D

I agree 90% with you Midas.  I think Syesha is very good.  Though, QueenAmenRa brings up a good point that she sticks to only the R&B genre.  I think last week shows that she would be very good in a broadway play.  Syesha aside, I agree with all of your other points.

David Cook is the only artist that I would buy a CD from.
David Archuleta would have a very boring CD.  But I am sure a couple tracks will be good.  I still think he is kinda monotone in the slow parts of his songs.  Just me, I guess.

I saw this article this morning about how American Idol is killing music.
http://new.us.music.yahoo.com/blogs/thelefsetzletter/1005/american-idol

Written By: Midas on 04/27/08 at 12:16 pm

I agree 90% with you Midas.  I think Syesha is very good.  Though, QueenAmenRa brings up a good point that she sticks to only the R&B genre.  I think last week shows that she would be very good in a broadway play.  Syesha aside, I agree with all of your other points.

David Cook is the only artist that I would buy a CD from.
David Archuleta would have a very boring CD.  But I am sure a couple tracks will be good.  I still think he is kinda monotone in the slow parts of his songs.  Just me, I guess.

I saw this article this morning about how American Idol is killing music.
http://new.us.music.yahoo.com/blogs/thelefsetzletter/1005/american-idol

I agree with you on all your points.  I think Syesha would likely be good on Broadway, but we've only seen that side of her once so far in the competition.  If she wants to make it past this next week she'll have to give another refreshing performance (that and America will have to vote based on talent :D ).

Interesting article about how AI is killing music and how most of the comments support the show.  My thoughts on what is killing music:  Clear Channel for forcing the same repetitive crap down the masses ears, and the RIAA for making it all about money and their slice of the pie.

Written By: midnite on 04/27/08 at 12:28 pm

My thoughts on what is killing music:  Clear Channel for forcing the same repetitive crap down the masses ears, and the RIAA for making it all about money and their slice of the pie.

Agreed.  Music industry executives only care about making money not creative music.  Therefore, they force the DJ's to play certain songs.  That is why most radio stations (in the US) only play the same 15 songs over again.  Of course, there are a few good stations that switch things up too.  But all the billboard singles are the same garbage year after year. 

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/27/08 at 3:39 pm

I wouldn't say that American Idol is the sole cause of destroying today's music.  It's already been ruined.  However I do believe that AI has ruined itself.  If it was really a singing contest to find the best singer as they say it is, the voting system would not be so screwed.  I still watch the show because it's entertaining but especially after last year I know that the "winner" is never the "best singer."  You hear more Daughtry and Elliott Yamin on the radio than you do Taylor Hicks.  And Nashville swipes up any piece-of-junk runner up they think they can salvage into a country star.  It's all sales sales sales

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/28/08 at 4:08 pm

I wouldn't say that American Idol is the sole cause of destroying today's music.  It's already been ruined.  However I do believe that AI has ruined itself.  If it was really a singing contest to find the best singer as they say it is, the voting system would not be so screwed.  I still watch the show because it's entertaining but especially after last year I know that the "winner" is never the "best singer."  You hear more Daughtry and Elliott Yamin on the radio than you do Taylor Hicks.  And Nashville swipes up any piece-of-junk runner up they think they can salvage into a country star.  It's all sales sales sales

Very well put, QueenAmenRa...

Written By: whistledog on 04/28/08 at 4:14 pm

Alot of the runner-ups do perform much better than the winners.  Josh Gracin also springs to mind

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/08 at 11:15 pm

Yes, I agree. Brooke is a good singer, but she doesn't move me. The same with Jason Castro. He's good, but he usually sings as if he's just woken up and grabbed some coffee at Starbucks and decided to pull out his guitar and sing a few morning tunes.

Um.... that's because he's always high  ;D

welcome back we missed you.... 

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/08 at 11:28 pm

I also agree with a lot of the other points made...

the voting system is totally screwed they need to limit the number of times someone can vote but then again Ryan can't boast about the 38 million votes they got last week...who the heck is tabulating those numbers in less than 22 hours anyway?!?  :o

What is it about the country market that so many non-winners get contracts?  Kristy Lee should have a top 40 album by this time next year.

Syesha, Syesha, Syesha.... why does she think that the only time she can show personality is during Broadway week?  What was stopping her from entertaining us from the very beginning?  She had the win when she hit those notes Hollywood week despite laryngitis but she lost votes by not giving us more personality all along....

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/29/08 at 4:26 pm

I also agree with a lot of the other points made...

the voting system is totally screwed they need to limit the number of times someone can vote but then again Ryan can't boast about the 38 million votes they got last week...who the heck is tabulating those numbers in less than 22 hours anyway?!?  :o

What is it about the country market that so many non-winners get contracts?  Kristy Lee should have a top 40 album by this time next year.

Syesha, Syesha, Syesha.... why does she think that the only time she can show personality is during Broadway week?  What was stopping her from entertaining us from the very beginning?  She had the win when she hit those notes Hollywood week despite laryngitis but she lost votes by not giving us more personality all along....

I wish they would change the voting to where the judges could have a vote that actually holds some weight.  Once the show goes lives, the only point of the judges is for entertainment and letting Seacrest make an a** of himself asking stupid questions. 

I seem to remember Syesha saying in one of her into videos that she also does acting.  Maybe that's why she did so well on Broadway night but it doesn't make sense why she couldn't do it the rest of the time...

Written By: midnite on 04/29/08 at 7:57 pm

My thoughts on tonight's show:

Castro - People, this clown cannot sing.  Why can't America see this?  As usual, he looked like Leif Garrett or some other 70's prettyboy teen goofball, singing in a falsetto and fake-strumming on a guitar.  I really believe that I can sing "September Morn" better.

David Cook - Snozberries, I tip my wig to you.  It was Ego Hell!!!! He turned Ryan's question back around to Ryan to answer.  This may have been planned though.  As usual, he did great on both songs.  I will buy his CD.

Brooke - Like Castro I cannot believe she is still here.  Is this the best of what America has to offer?  Corny songs and performances.  However, her hair looked good and liked her sparkly pants.

David Archuleta - Finally something upbeat!  However he was Gay As Hell on the overplayed & oversung bar-tune "Sweet Caroline."  I was waiting for the go-go boys to come up on stage and start grinding on him. Yuck!  "Coming To America" seemed better, but I don't think his voice is deep/strong enough for the upbeats songs.

Syesha - I kissed my TV screen. (Don't tell anyone). My girl is back!  Well, Simon can call me old-fashioned too!

Bottom Two - Probably Syesha because of her small fan-base (including me) and Brooke.  Castro may be in the bottom two instead of Syesha.  Regardless, I think Brooke will go.

Can we vote Paula off since she apparently is on another planet????  Hi, I am getting paid gazillions of dollars for the easiest job on the planet and can't even pay attention for 30 minutes.

Oh, and was that Chikeze playing the drums.

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/08 at 8:07 pm

My thoughts on tonight's show:

Castro - People, this clown cannot sing.  Why can't America see this?  As usual, he looked like Leif Garrett or some other 70's prettyboy teen goofball, singing in a falsetto and fake-strumming on a guitar.  I really believe that I can sing "September Morn" better.

David Cook - Snozberries, I tip my wig to you.  It was Ego Hell!!!! He turned Ryan's question back around to Ryan to answer.  This may have been planned though.  As usual, he did great on both songs.  I will buy his CD.

Brooke - Like Castro I cannot believe she is still here.  Is this the best of what America has to offer?  Corny songs and performances.  However, her hair looked good and liked her sparkly pants.

David Archuleta - Finally something upbeat!  However he was Gay As Hell on the overplayed & oversung bar-tune "Sweet Caroline."  I was waiting for the go-go boys to come up on stage and start grinding on him. Yuck!  "Coming To America" seemed better, but I don't think his voice is deep/strong enough for the upbeats songs.

Syesha - I kissed my TV screen. (Don't tell anyone). My girl is back!  Well, Simon can call me old-fashioned too!

Bottom Two - Probably Syesha because of her small fan-base (including me) and Brooke.  Castro may be in the bottom two instead of Syesha.  Regardless, I think Brooke will go.

Can we vote Paula off since she apparently is on another planet????  Hi, I am getting paid gazillions of dollars for the easiest job on the planet and can't even pay attention for 30 minutes.

Oh, and was that Chikeze playing the drums.

aw... you mean Archuleta didn't do turn on your heartlight?

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/29/08 at 9:16 pm

Wow....tonight was just not well thought out at all.  Squeeze in 2 Neil Diamond songs in 1 hour how can you expect the contestants to concentrate well enough?  And what was Paula smoking???

Jason was not terribly bad but was not good either.

Didn't really pay attention to David Cook's first song but I liked the second one.

Brooke had better go home.  HORRIBLE song choices.  And she could hardly stay on pitch.

Archuleta picked really really corny songs.  When he was singing "Coming to America" I felt like he should be teaming up with Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana or doing some kinda Disney thing.

Syesha was really good.  The first song may have been a boring song choice but I thought she did well on both.

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/08 at 9:22 pm

Wow....tonight was just not well thought out at all.  Squeeze in 2 Neil Diamond songs in 1 hour how can you expect the contestants to concentrate well enough?  And what was Paula smoking???

Jason was not terribly bad but was not good either.

Didn't really pay attention to David Cook's first song but I liked the second one.

Brooke had better go home.  HORRIBLE song choices.  And she could hardly stay on pitch.

Archuleta picked really really corny songs.  When he was singing "Coming to America" I felt like he should be teaming up with Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana or doing some kinda Disney thing.

Syesha was really good.  The first song may have been a boring song choice but I thought she did well on both.

wait so they chose Neil Diamond night to double up on songs?  :o  5 ND songs were bad enough but now when I go home I'll have to suffer through 10  8-P

I quit... oh well maybe I can fast forward through the show.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/29/08 at 9:54 pm

I quit... oh well maybe I can fast forward through the show.

LOL  But you should at least see Paula's on-crack-critique halfway through the show...it's classic  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/08 at 9:59 pm

LOL  But you should at least see Paula's on-crack-critique halfway through the show...it's classic  ;D

I will definitely look for it.... 

Written By: ninny on 04/30/08 at 1:51 pm

That was a good one ;D,My husband and I were like what the H*ll she talking about..Did that mean she thought David C was Jason and she didn't like his first song
I thought Brooke was the worst..but I've been saying that for the last 4 weeks and she still hangs on. Why? her singing is not that great and she acts like a spoiled self-centered B*itch (just my opinion)

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/08 at 3:47 pm

That was a good one ;D,My husband and I were like what the H*ll she talking about..Did that mean she thought David C was Jason and she didn't like his first song
I thought Brooke was the worst..but I've been saying that for the last 4 weeks and she still hangs on. Why? her singing is not that great and she acts like a spoiled self-centered B*itch (just my opinion)

your opinion of Brooke is spot on!

that was hilarious.... "jason in your second song you didn't show the charimsa (or was it personality) that we've come to expect from you"  Yeah stupid BECAUSE IT WAS DAVID COOK SINGING NOT JASON CASTRO! L ;D L

now that's what I call felony stupid!

Written By: midnite on 04/30/08 at 8:16 pm

Me too.  Prettyboy no-talent Castro safe.  What a joke!

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/30/08 at 9:08 pm

I got home just in time to see Simon reconnected with his long-lost first kiss...how cute!! lol   

Hallelujah Brooke is gone! But I have a feeling it will be Syesha next....as she always happens to appear in the bottom 2  :-\\  Well if David C is not in the final 2 I refuse to watch

Written By: robby76 on 04/30/08 at 9:20 pm

Yeah what was that all about? That woman needs to go home and sleep it off.

Neil Diamond night wasn't as bad as anticipated. David Cook was the shining glory!

Brooke deserved to go - she's lost all her confidence, especially in that first song. Very shaky.

David Archuleta really needs a new stylist or something as all his performances are beginning to merge into one. I can't tell one apart from the other.

Castro
's first song was good but the second one a mess.

Syesha
was on form. Her first ballad-type one was grogeous! The next one started off well but the song itself didn't live up to how it began.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 05/01/08 at 2:10 am

I like Brook's wholesomeness, but she really hasn't been performing up to par. Jason Castro really should've been the one to go tonight, but he must have a strong female base, as does Archuleta. I agree that Archuleta really isn't sounding much different from other stuff. He's gotta rock out a bit - Paula was right about that. David Cook really has it in him to go all the way. He's confident, but grateful. He performs like a real performer. Syeshia has it in her, too. She's really come into her own the last two weeks. I'd really love for Carly to be back, but I guess she'll have to find another way to get a record deal. She had awesome vocals, but no one really took them seriously enough.

Written By: ninny on 05/01/08 at 8:11 am

I got home just in time to see Simon reconnected with his long-lost first kiss...how cute!! lol   

Hallelujah Brooke is gone! But I have a feeling it will be Syesha next....as she always happens to appear in the bottom 2   :-\\   Well if David C is not in the final 2 I refuse to watch

Amen!..I have a feeling it will be the 2 Davids.but for some reason Jason keeps sneaking by,maybe if I was 20 years younger I could see his appeal :-\\ my husband & I refer to him as the illegitimate son of John Travolta,there was one song he sang that he actually sounded like him ;D

Written By: Midas on 05/01/08 at 1:54 pm

I don't see where Brooke's been a b!tch, but her performance was sub-par this week.  Castro's 1st song was somewhat decent but his second one turned out to be "September PFFFFFFFFT".  He consistently sux as a vocalist and whomever is voting for him is overlooking what this competition is about.  He isn't the complete package.  He's a pretty boy who if wins or at the very least gets a record deal, will have his vocals tweaked with technology in order to drive album sales.  He needs a swift boot to the rear and sharp scissors to that nappy mess.

I see Syesha doing something on or off Broadway.

David Munster is starting to get on my nerves at this point.  The ultimate shocker would be for him and his dad to go home next week but I'm betting Ms. Mercado will be on her way out even though she has more talent than Castro.

David Cook FTW.  Whatever happens, he's going to end up just fine.

Paula gets on my nerves.  She had great dance music in the late 80's and early 90's, but she can't form a complete sentence today.  Stick a fork in her already.

Written By: ninny on 05/01/08 at 3:07 pm

I don't see where Brooke's been a b!tch, but her performance was sub-par this week.  Castro's 1st song was somewhat decent but his second one turned out to be "September PFFFFFFFFT".  He consistently sux as a vocalist and whomever is voting for him is overlooking what this competition is about.  He isn't the complete package.  He's a pretty boy who if wins or at the very least gets a record deal, will have his vocals tweaked with technology in order to drive album sales.  He needs a swift boot to the rear and sharp scissors to that nappy mess.

David Munster is starting to get on my nerves at this point.  The ultimate shocker would be for him and his dad to go home next week but I'm betting Ms. Mercado will be on her way out even though she has more talent than Castro.

David Cook FTW.  Whatever happens, he's going to end up just fine.

Paula gets on my nerves.  She had great dance music in the late 80's and early 90's, but she can't form a complete sentence today.  Stick a fork in her already.

You could tell she was a B*itch when they use to judge her and she would get an attitude with them and didn't want to hear what they were critisicing her about,plus her facial expressions said it all,the classic rolling of the eyes.

Written By: midnite on 05/01/08 at 6:22 pm

Midas, I agree.

It is a POPULARITY CONTEST now, which is why Syesha may go next and that goofball Castro will hang around.

Syesha, is my OLD favorite and David Cook is my NEW favorite.  I hope Syesha stays, but it is unlikely.

David (Munster, lol) Archuleta is so monotone and his low parts are downright bad. His high parts are decent though.  But America loves him (for some reason?) and he will stay.

David Cook will hang around since he has true talent.

My guess, is Archuleta will win the POPULARITY CONTEST and David Cook (who actually has talent) will be runner up.  And, whose songs will be on the radio????  David Cook not Archuleta.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/01/08 at 9:41 pm

David (Munster, lol) Archuleta is so monotone and his low parts are downright bad. His high parts are decent though.  But America loves him (for some reason?) and he will stay.

It's not America, it's Utah.  His high school has "voting parties" every Tuesday.  Remember how long Carmen Rasmussen hung in there.  Same thing.  It doesn't help that the judges are always singing his praises.  I am so sick of Archie I could scream.

I want David Cook to win.

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/08 at 12:17 am

Hallelujah Brooke is gone! But I have a feeling it will be Syesha next....as she always happens to appear in the bottom 2  :-\\  Well if David C is not in the final 2 I refuse to watch

wouldn't it be awesome if she were like the dark horse...in the bottom every week until the end but still crowned Idol.... Anyone over Archuleta!

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/08 at 12:20 am

yeah maybe they'll bring Dreamgirls back to Broadway and she can play Deena....or maybe they'll make a film version of the Color Purple the musical and she can get a role in that!  ;D 

Written By: Brian06 on 05/06/08 at 7:58 pm

If Castro survives after this...  ::)  :o

Written By: whistledog on 05/06/08 at 8:00 pm

Archuletta + 'Stand By Me' + Awesome!  This guy is going all the way!

If Castro survives after this...  ::)  :o

He's out.  Bob Marley is turning in his grave as we speak

Written By: Midas on 05/06/08 at 11:11 pm

I hope so.  And it was nice to see Randy and Simon lay into him about his performance tonight.  I know Randy's been hinting at the real talent left for the past two or three weeks.  Plus he pulled a Bob Dylan on his Bob Dylan song ;D

Syesha did tons better than Castrato and it will be interesting to see how the voting turns out.  If she goes home then people voting for Jason are really stupid.

The Davids did fine.  I think Fartchuleta did better than Cookie this week, even though the latter is my fave.  Both deserve to move on to the next round.

Written By: robby76 on 05/07/08 at 6:01 am

Okay I give up, I'm not defending Jason any more after tonight. Both songs were cringeworthy!

David Cook was good but nothing memorable.

Syesha really lost me on her last song. I think half the audience will be lost too. Bad genre.

Archuleta
- Oh yeah m'boy is back!!! First song was great. Second was okay but a bit choirboy'ish. Eeeuwww Ryan can't keep his big gay mucky paws off the poor boy.  ;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/07/08 at 6:46 am

Eeeuwww Ryan can't keep his big gay mucky paws off the poor boy.  ;D

So I'm not the only one who noticed.....lol

Ok so Jason has GOT to go now....I said earlier that I kinda like "hippie" music, but this kid has smoked one joint too many.  I mean come on, singing Bob Marley just cuz you think he's cool cuz he smokes pot  STOP IT!  Tambourine Man coulda been "ok" if he put more feeling into it and didn't forget the words.
I didn't much care for Syesha's 2 songs either.  The Tina Turner bit I had to agree with Simon, it was very copy-cat and shrieky.  She had the power but not the pitch control.  Same with the 2nd song, I did not like the arrangement and she was having some pitch problems on the high notes (I thought this before Randy said anything btw).  Then she cries and tries to use the Civil Rights movement to get more votes.  Oh well, as long as Jason goes home that's all that matters cuz he really blew it!
David Cook's 1st song was just ok but I really liked the second one.
Archuleta did very well on both songs but I still would rather see him on Disney than as the next American Idol......

Written By: whistledog on 05/07/08 at 7:02 am

I hope so.  And it was nice to see Randy and Simon lay into him about his performance tonight.  I know Randy's been hinting at the real talent left for the past two or three weeks.  Plus he pulled a Bob Dylan on his Bob Dylan song ;D

I loved how Simon said to David Cook that he could have whistled and it would have been better than Castro's performance ;D

Written By: ninny on 05/07/08 at 7:08 am

So I'm not the only one who noticed.....lol

Ok so Jason has GOT to go now....I said earlier that I kinda like "hippie" music, but this kid has smoked one joint too many.  I mean come on, singing Bob Marley just cuz you think he's cool cuz he smokes pot  STOP IT!  Tambourine Man coulda been "ok" if he put more feeling into it and didn't forget the words.
I didn't much care for Syesha's 2 songs either.  The Tina Turner bit I had to agree with Simon, it was very copy-cat and shrieky.  She had the power but not the pitch control.  Same with the 2nd song, I did not like the arrangement and she was having some pitch problems on the high notes (I thought this before Randy said anything btw).  Then she cries and tries to use the Civil Rights movement to get more votes.  Oh well, as long as Jason goes home that's all that matters cuz he really blew it!
David Cook's 1st song was just ok but I really liked the second one.
Archuleta did very well on both songs but I still would rather see him on Disney than as the next American Idol......

I agree Jason is a throwback to the 60's..I also didn't really like Syesha's 2nd song,David C was better with his second song and David A seems to have mastered the ballads rather well (Thou I wonder how well he could sing a rock song) I still think David C has better range.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g212/twinkie2004/sanjaya.gif
What is it about this guy
and this guy
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/Lantern_Waste2/Jason%20Castro/jcon3.png
that millions of viewers voted week after week for them..I'll give Jason a little more credit at the begining he seemed to have more talent,but lately :-\\ I could see better talented people at our local high school.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/07/08 at 3:30 pm

I hope so!  8)

I think you're right (on both accounts)!  ;D

Written By: midnite on 05/07/08 at 6:10 pm

Castro has been BAD the entire time and people are finally realizing this???????

Archuleta?  Come on!  He is BORING.  Unfortunately, the teenyboppers love him and he may win.  There should be a law that everyone who supports Archuleta be forced to buy his BORING album when it comes out.  They should also have to listen to it.  Hahahaha.

Cook - we all know he is the best and most talented.

Syesha - I still love her, but she is not as good as Cook.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/07/08 at 6:18 pm

I still think David C has better range.

I also think he's got better range than Daughtry did.  At least when he sings live.  I have grown to like David Cook, while I felt just the opposite season 5 with Chris Daughtry

Written By: robby76 on 05/07/08 at 8:37 pm

Castro has been BAD the entire time and people are finally realizing this???????

Looking through his repertoire I see it more now, but what he did on Dolly week was fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYRqultMvt0&feature=related

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/07/08 at 9:04 pm

Well I'm glad the results turned out the way they did tonight.  Who knows, maybe Jason will still get some sort of record deal or go on to do something.  I think he knew he was going.  Cracked me up though how he accidentally bursted Seacrest's drama-bubble halfway through the show: "What? You're gonna tell us now?"  ;D

Written By: whistledog on 05/07/08 at 9:44 pm

Bye Bye Castro.  Not sad, but so glad ;D

Written By: ninny on 05/08/08 at 6:46 am

Bye Bye Castro.  Not sad, but so glad ;D

Amen!

Written By: snozberries on 05/08/08 at 5:32 pm

Archuleta?  Come on!  He is BORING.  Unfortunately, the teenyboppers love him and he may win.  There should be a law that everyone who supports Archuleta be forced to buy his BORING album when it comes out.  They should also have to listen to it.  Hahahaha.

Cook - we all know he is the best and most talented.

Syesha - I still love her, but she is not as good as Cook.

I completely agree with you. 

Just one addition tho...they not only have to listen to it. The CD has to be stuck in their car's cd player and the downloaded version has to be stuck on repeat so that its the only albulm they can listen to for 3 months....or roughly the same amount of time we've had to suffer though David SUCKuletta  ;D

Written By: NbC on 05/10/08 at 5:27 am

I am probably the only one sad to see Jason go.  I agree that his performances on AI has been bad lately and he was the one that should have been voted off. 

I have been listening to the studio versions of the top 4 songs and only Jason and David C. sound good to me.  There is just something about David A's. voice that I can't stand.  Hope that Cook takes the title but the sad part is that David A. will probably win. 

I really hate how they praise David A. all the time even when he obviously did a poor job.  What is with that. 

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/10/08 at 8:08 am

I am probably the only one sad to see Jason go.  I agree that his performances on AI has been bad lately and he was the one that should have been voted off. 

I have been listening to the studio versions of the top 4 songs and only Jason and David C. sound good to me.  There is just something about David A's. voice that I can't stand.  Hope that Cook takes the title but the sad part is that David A. will probably win. 

I really hate how they praise David A. all the time even when he obviously did a poor job.  What is with that. 

I agree with you. Although Jason was really REALLY bad lately, I think I would still buy a studio recorded album of his over an Archuleta album.  I loved Jason at the beginning but I guess he just didn't have what it takes to be versatile on the show and he let his nerves (and/or the pot) get to him.  But his voice is so soothing and I think he could be successful
A pre-idol performance of Jason I found...I think it's great:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zd2ymoNXPC4

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/10/08 at 5:56 pm

Hmmm....... I KNEW there was something creepy about Archuleta's dad:

http://tv.yahoo.com/show/34934/news/urn:newsml:tv.ap.org:20080510:american_idol__ER:38741

Written By: robby76 on 05/10/08 at 8:40 pm

I thought his Dad was creepy too, but after reading the article it just made him seem more of a pushy 'stage dad' than weird. Thing is his decision to add a bit of Sean Kingston in was quite a good call. I wonder how much money Idol had to pay for that one line / bar.

Written By: midnite on 05/13/08 at 7:50 pm

I agree with you. Although Jason was really REALLY bad lately, I think I would still buy a studio recorded album of his over an Archuleta album.  I loved Jason at the beginning but I guess he just didn't have what it takes to be versatile on the show and he let his nerves (and/or the pot) get to him.  But his voice is so soothing and I think he could be successful
A pre-idol performance of Jason I found...I think it's great:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zd2ymoNXPC4

The Castro video is pretty good, though I am not a fan.  Here are my thoughts on tonight's show:

Archuleta - we all know his voice is pure.  However, i think it is only fun for a 2-minute slow song.  I don't think it would be as fun for a 40-minute CD which would be depressing.  Teens will be jumping out of windows everywhere.

Cook - had an off-night but still amazing. I will buy his CD. I hope he wins.

Syesha - I still love her even with her "caberet" version of Fever.  I like her more than Archuleta but her following is not as large.  Most likely she will go this week.

Written By: karen on 05/13/08 at 9:05 pm

I missed tonight's show.  My daughter wanted to watch 'Beauty and the Geek' instead  :-\\

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/13/08 at 11:30 pm

Round 1: Archuleta sang pretty well but it was kinda weird at the end.  Syesha's rendition of "Everything means Nothing" was very good, but I agree with Simon in that Randy should've picked a different type of song for her seeing as cliche R&B has always been her weakness.  I really like Cook's song.

Round 2:  Totally with Randy & Simon about Archuleta: just plain awkward to watch him singing about "I need ya boo"  Syesha picked, surprise surprise, another cliche piece already covered by an idol contestant but I still thought she did it pretty well (tho not as good as when Paris did it season 5).  I personally do not like the song Cook chose but I like hearing him sing it.  I do think it ended weird though.  So overall this round was just kinda blah

Round 3: ....round 3 was to prove that the AI producers don't know sh*t about good song choices.  Archuleta dull and boring.  Syesha's performance was weird and she's probably gonna go home for this song choice that the producers made (maybe they did it on purpose to get her sent home  lol).  I think "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" is too big of a song for Cook, and I did not like the arrangement but I think he still overcame it and gave a good performance. 

OK so I voted for Cook so many times.  I used to just text my votes before but now that I'm no longer with AT&T I had to actually call the phone line.....should I be worried that I was actually able to get through so many times I can't even count?

Oh yeah and what was up with that guy in the audience that kept staring at Seacrest and then at the camera, and then at Seacrest, and then at the camera....over and over  ;D

Written By: Brian06 on 05/13/08 at 11:38 pm

Archuleta doing "With You" made me laugh.  ;D "Hit Me Up" was such a weird choice for Syesha, when I heard the title I was like "it can't be that Hit Me Up can it", I couldn't picture that song being done live on this show, how could the producers pick that? Cook overall was the best tonight but it was a disappointing night overall imo.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/13/08 at 11:45 pm

Whatever happened to Clive Davis getting to pick a song??

BTW, I was explaining to DH how top 3 night always used to work and I kept saying "Clive Barker" until little sis on the phone had to correct me.  LOL Could you imagine Clive Barker gets to pick a song for the contestants?  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/14/08 at 3:21 am

BTW, I was explaining to DH how top 3 night always used to work and I kept saying "Clive Barker" until little sis on the phone had to correct me.  LOL Could you imagine Clive Barker gets to pick a song for the contestants?  ;D

Hmmm a Clive Barker Theme night...well Sanjay appearing on the Fox Reality Network After Idol show.....so I guess that's kind of close.

Unforturnately I only heard the last two songs. Syesha and Cooks final performance...while I was happy to miss Suckuletta I was sad to see that I missed Sy doing one of my favorite Alicia Keys songs...

who picked it for her? And Fever? Seriously? That song has been done on the show before. Anything would have been better than that.

There is still that part of me that says Sy has beat all those bottom three odds before...just one more week...but probably not  :(

Written By: robby76 on 05/14/08 at 7:37 am

I thought David Archuleta's "With You" was the most enjoyable of the night!  :)

*** ducks from the onslaught of rotten tomatoes ***

Written By: Midas on 05/14/08 at 2:16 pm

Round 3: ....round 3 was to prove that the AI producers don't know sh*t about good song choices. 

Amen, AmenRa!  :)  Talk about a disconnect between song and vocalist in Round 3, except maybe for Cook.  That last round though, he and Syesha were sounding pitchy. 

*launches rotten tomato in robby's direction* :D

Written By: whistledog on 05/14/08 at 9:15 pm

Actually, I thought so too

Written By: midnite on 05/14/08 at 9:22 pm

BTW, I was explaining to DH how top 3 night always used to work and I kept saying "Clive Barker" until little sis on the phone had to correct me.  LOL Could you imagine Clive Barker gets to pick a song for the contestants?   ;D

LOL.  So tonight was predictible.  One comment though:

America makes me sick.   The nerdy Archuleta greeted by his high school cheerleaders who, only 5 months ago, would spit on him in the hallway because he was so quiet and nerdy.  Now, they all are in love with him.  Get Lost Fake Cheerleader Bitches!!!!!!  All of a sudden everyone loves him.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/14/08 at 10:27 pm

Yup I was pleased with tonight's results.  I didn't see the first half of the show....according to hubby I missed the worst song/performance in the world sung by Fantasia?  Not surprised- she did get really big-headed and stupid after winning.....guess I'll have to find the video on youtube tomorrow.....or perhaps not  :P

Written By: Brian06 on 05/15/08 at 12:33 am

Yeah as I predicted a while ago it's a Cook/Archuleta finale. Syesha just didn't have the fanbase.

Written By: robby76 on 05/15/08 at 5:24 am

Yup I was pleased with tonight's results.  I didn't see the first half of the show....according to hubby I missed the worst song/performance in the world sung by Fantasia?  Not surprised- she did get really big-headed and stupid after winning.....guess I'll have to find the video on youtube tomorrow.....or perhaps not  :P

I was prepared to hate it but you know what I thought it was pretty funky. The choreography was wild too.

*** prepares for second onslaught ***

As for Syesha going, it was the right time. She did last a heck of a long time. Who would've guessed she'd be in the top 3 way back when it started.  :o

Written By: Midas on 05/15/08 at 9:38 am

I used to compare her performances to Daisy Duck strutting around on stage...

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/b/b3/190px-Daisyduck.gif

LOL.  So tonight was predictible.  One comment though:

America makes me sick.   The nerdy Archuleta greeted by his high school cheerleaders who, only 5 months ago, would spit on him in the hallway because he was so quiet and nerdy.  Now, they all are in love with him.  Get Lost Fake Cheerleader Bitches!!!!!!  All of a sudden everyone loves him.

They don't love him, they love his doggie sty--er, fame.  :P

I hope David Cook wins.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/15/08 at 12:17 pm

Find it.  Granted it was horrible but the part that makes it all worthwhile is the look on Simon's face at the end then when people are applauding he is sitting there doing the golf clap.  ;D

Written By: Midas on 05/15/08 at 2:15 pm

Find it.  Granted it was horrible but the part that makes it all worthwhile is the look on Simon's face at the end then when people are applauding he is sitting there doing the golf clap.  ;D

I like when they panned to him during her performance and he had that dumbfounded look on his face ;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/15/08 at 3:30 pm

Ok so I found it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=PgInnS9_ako

At first I thought oh it's not so bad, then I realized that was the background singers.  LOL  And Simon's face was classic too  ;D

Written By: midnite on 05/15/08 at 5:53 pm

Yup, the background singers are good and they are singing 92% of the song.  And what is that goofy strut that Fantasia is doing!

Simon rocks!

Written By: Dagwood on 05/15/08 at 6:04 pm

I like when they panned to him during her performance and he had that dumbfounded look on his face ;D

That's the look that did it for me.  I am still laughing about it. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/15/08 at 7:14 pm

not only was the song/performance horrible...you should've seen the look on Simon's face during it!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/15/08 at 7:18 pm

Ok so I found it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=PgInnS9_ako

At first I thought oh it's not so bad, then I realized that was the background singers.  LOL  And Simon's face was classic too  ;D

I should've read down further....

ah well...

HEY ROBBY!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b179/FyrepowrX/rottentomato.gif

did I get him???

Written By: robby76 on 05/15/08 at 8:10 pm

Just you wait till I'm free!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/FatherA/grandad.gif

http://www.army.mod.uk/img/royalengineers/org/35regt/welfare/co_stocks2.jpg

But yes, Simon's face was a picture!

Written By: whistledog on 05/15/08 at 8:18 pm

You don't have to win American Idol to be a star.  Syesha will probably get a record deal

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 05/16/08 at 4:42 am

You don't have to win American Idol to be a star.  Syesha will probably get a record deal.

I agree. I think she'll also be a big star on Broadway, too, as her talent definitely allows her to be a great stage performer.

Written By: Midas on 05/16/08 at 9:23 am

You don't have to win American Idol to be a star.  Syesha will probably get a record deal

Yeah, I heard Castro's album's gonna be called Doin' the Marley...Poorly  ;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/16/08 at 3:49 pm

I agree. I think she'll also be a big star on Broadway, too, as her talent definitely allows her to be a great stage performer.

I think Syesha may actually be better as an actress than as a singer.....maybe

Written By: snozberries on 05/16/08 at 9:57 pm

Just you wait till I'm free!!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v56/FatherA/grandad.gif

http://www.army.mod.uk/img/royalengineers/org/35regt/welfare/co_stocks2.jpg

But yes, Simon's face was a picture!

;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/20/08 at 9:17 pm

So..... I'm a little disappointed Simon decided Archuleta made a "knock out"  I agree David Cook's performances coulda been more but I still think he deserves to win more.  I think his rationale of picking a new song for the last round was good, but maybe he could have picked a better song.  And of the "America's Choice" songs, I think Cook's sounds like it would be a better hit on the radio.  He showed way more versatility than Archuleta, but I guess Archuleta's just got all the charm.... and pushing from dad...  I was able to get in 37 votes for Cook and I really hope he wins, but even if he doesn't, I have a feeling he will be a huge success and possibly even bigger than Daughtry.

Written By: robby76 on 05/21/08 at 6:10 am

David Cook was good but U2's Still Haven't Found never packs enough punch for an event like this and that 2nd song sounded too generic - something Hilary Duff would do... completely forgettable. His last song was decent enough... oh but stop the tears ya big girl!  ;D

David Archuleta - urghhh did you see his "shocked" face when he got all that praise. I hate that! Reminded me of that Melinda Doolittle from last season. First song was okay. The chosen song was a bit blah but he sang well. I missed his last song but will watch the repeats and edit my post.

I think these finales are always an anti-climax. People expect too much and then disappoint themselves. Either that or I'm getting too old for this Idol malarkey.  ;)

Written By: karen on 05/21/08 at 9:38 am

I only saw the first two songs.  I thought they both did o.k.  Archuletta was still closing his eyes a lot though you could see he was making the effort not to!  I prefered David C; my daughter prefers Archuletta.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/21/08 at 11:34 am

I prefer Archuleta, but I have a feeling that Cook guy is gonna win this...

Written By: midnite on 05/21/08 at 8:52 pm

I am the opposite. I prefer Cook but think Archuleta will win.

On a side note, Miss George Michael sang one of my favorites of his songs "Praying For Time" but his voice was sooooo different. Not great in my book. I will stick the albums.

Written By: NbC on 05/21/08 at 9:13 pm

I feel the opposite also....

If Cook wins it will be because his fans are upset that the Judges were trying their hardest to sway the votes to David A's side.  Either way Cook will sell more albums.....David A. will be forgotten. 

I hated the fact that David C. tried to show his versatility and the judges were so hard on him, while David A. stayed "safe" the whole season and they raved over him.  Over and over the judges criticized other contestants because they were playing it "safe" yet David A. never received any of those harsh comments. 

Only Grandmothers and little Teeny Boppers will buy his album. 

Just my 2 cents.  ;)

BTW, neither were my favorite but of those two I feel David Cook is more deserving.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/21/08 at 9:29 pm

YES!!!!!  David Cook definitely deserved this one.  I'm also glad Simon apologized for his harsh comments.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 05/22/08 at 4:24 am

I am thrilled David Cook won, too! He already has the poise, confidence, stage presence and talent to start recording music and to go out on tour now! An incredibly gifted entertainer, I was touched by his emotional reaction in realizing he had won by an incredible twelve million votes! I am looking forward to hearing his voice on the radio in the future! This is by far the best finale in the show's history! David Archuleta is also wonderfully talented and I am confident he will have a successful career as well. I really loved the Guitar Hero commercials featuring both of the David's doing the Tom Cruise/Risky Business shimmy to Bob Segar's "Old Time Rock and Roll"! Hilarious! Congratulations, Mr. Cook... you are truly worthy of the title American Idol!

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/22/08 at 6:22 am

I think besides Cook winning, my favorite part of the finale was the "Midnight Train to Georgia" sketch with Ben Stiller, Jack Black, & Robert Downey Jr.

Written By: robby76 on 05/22/08 at 6:58 am

I agree about George Michael. I love "Praying For Time" but George's voice isn't as pure and clean as it once was. He is getting old though.  ;)

Results were good. I like David Cook a lot - he's definitely the more talented and is a general all-rounder.

I'm also thinking Archuleta coming second will actually do him so many more favours. People always love the underdog. If he had won, it'd have just caused more resentment.

Written By: whistledog on 05/22/08 at 7:01 am

I knew Cook would win.  Both David's will become big stars I am sure :)

George Michael's voice sure has aged, but all in all, 'Praying For Time' is still a great song

Written By: Dagwood on 05/22/08 at 7:19 am

I was glad Cook won. 

Written By: karen on 05/22/08 at 8:59 am

I was pleased that Cook won.  Of the two he was my favourite.  I missed most of the previous show so I'm curious to know what Simon said to him that was so bad (compared to normal Simon I mean!)?

I liked the Guitar Hero ads; though I think David C suited the shirt only look more than David A!

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/22/08 at 4:51 pm

I think besides Cook winning, my favorite part of the finale was the "Midnight Train to Georgia" sketch with Ben Stiller, Jack Black, & Robert Downey Jr.

Yes, that was hilarious!  ;D

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 05/22/08 at 4:53 pm

George Michael's voice sure has aged, but all in all, 'Praying For Time' is still a great song

I've never really been a fan of George Michael...and the song was kinda 'haunting'...but I have to say I quite enjoyed that performance!  :)

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/22/08 at 7:24 pm

Congratulations to David Cook!  8)

Written By: whistledog on 05/29/08 at 9:11 pm

Man, check out the current Billboard Hot 100 chart.  All new entries; David Cook has 6 songs in the US Top 50 :o

David Cook - The Time of My Life
David Cook - Dream Big
David Cook - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
David Cook - The World I Know
David Arculeta - Imagine
David Cook - I Don't Want to Miss a Thing
David Cook - Billie Jean

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/29/08 at 11:20 pm

^Wow!  :o  :)

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/30/08 at 3:39 pm

Yeah I think David Cook is gonna be way more successful than Daughtry

Written By: midnite on 06/02/08 at 7:32 pm

Yes, GOOD for David Cook and us.  However, it is BAD that corporate sleazeballs such as Clive Davis get to reap the benefits.

Written By: whistledog on 06/02/08 at 8:12 pm

HOLY CRAP .. now check out the current Canadian Hot 100 .. all new entries ...

David Cook - The Time of My Life
David Cook - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
David Cook - Dream Big
David Cook - The World I Know
David Archuleta - Imagine
David Cook - Billie Jean
David Cook - I Don't Want to Miss A Thing
David Archuleta - Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me
David Archuleta - In This Moment
David Cook - Hello
David Cook - Always Be My Baby
David Cook - The Music of the Night
David Cook - Eleanor Rigby
David Cook - Little Sparrow

I think it's safe to say this has been the most successful American Idol ever! 8)

Written By: midnite on 06/02/08 at 10:26 pm

LOL.  Soon the Top 50 will be 50 Cook and Archuleta songs. 

With #1 being a Cook/Archuleta duet cover of "You Don't Bring Me Flowers."  They may give Barbara Streisand and Neil Diamond a run for their money.

And...........are any of those songs original or are they all covers??

Written By: whistledog on 06/02/08 at 11:32 pm

^ 'The Time of My Life' by David Cook is the winning single, thus it is an original tune.  'In This Moment' by Archuleta is also an original song.  The rest are all over songs

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 06/03/08 at 4:50 pm

I think "Dream Big" is also an original

Written By: whistledog on 06/03/08 at 8:19 pm

I think "Dream Big" is also an original

It is yes

Written By: midnite on 06/05/08 at 4:58 pm

The Sleazeball Corporate Syndicate at work again!  I just read an article (below) that Archuleta was going to hold a charity concert in Utah for David's fans.  However, since American Idol is not involved his charity will have to suffer.  People will have to keep starving in Africa (or Utah) until American Idol decides to hold a charity concert.  What a shame.

http://tv.yahoo.com/show/34934/news/urn:newsml:tv.eonline.com:20080605:1194d2bc4add_4e98_88d0_c1ad12e376bd__ER:58653

Check for new replies or respond here...