inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Britain's Prince Harry serves in Afghanistan.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/28/08 at 6:02 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080228/ap_on_re_eu/britain_prince_harry;_ylt=Ari8rU0RIkCePGoncvzax1hvaA8F

I hope he returns home safe.

Subject: Re: Britain's Prince Harry serves in Afghanistan.

Written By: Bobby on 02/28/08 at 6:47 pm

"I got here on Christmas Eve. And going from bullet magnet to anti-bullet magnet, most of the guys were pretty bummed that I was here because nothing was happening for the first few days that I was here. But things are picking up again now because it's obviously quite boring when nothing is happening," Harry said in one video.

Credit where credit is due, he's there but I wonder if he will like the action when he gets shot at.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/28/08 at 6:49 pm

"I got here on Christmas Eve. And going from bullet magnet to anti-bullet magnet, most of the guys were pretty bummed that I was here because nothing was happening for the first few days that I was here. But things are picking up again now because it's obviously quite boring when nothing is happening," Harry said in one video.

Credit where credit is due, he's there but I wonder if he will like the action when he gets shot at.

Reminds me of a typical soldier before seeing real battle.

Written By: Bobby on 02/28/08 at 6:58 pm

Reminds me of a typical soldier before seeing real battle.

Without sounding too cynical he's got a better chance of escaping alive than the others being a prince. I'm sure those normal soldiers are guarding his butt like drone bees guard their queen - ironic royal connected simile there.  ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/28/08 at 7:02 pm

Without sounding too cynical he's got a better chance of escaping alive than the others being a prince. I'm sure those normal soldiers are guarding his butt like drone bees guard their queen - ironic royal connected simile there.  ;D

I was under the impression he'd be more of a target, being a Prince.  The other soldiers would have the duty to protect and defend their royalty.

Written By: Bobby on 02/28/08 at 7:13 pm

I was under the impression he'd be more of a target, being a Prince.  The other soldiers would have the duty to protect and defend their royalty.

Everybody's a target in a war situation but the way I see it if a prince comes out into a warzone, knowing full well he could get his head blown off, requiring the best defence around he's in the wrong place. At best, that would make him a liability and at worst it would make him a pain in the arse.

It's like me wanting to beat the WWE champion at Wrestlemania without having to lay a hand on him.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/28/08 at 7:17 pm

Everybody's a target in a war situation but the way I see it if a prince comes out into a warzone, knowing full well he could get his head blown off, requiring the best defence around he's in the wrong place. At best, that would make him a liability and at worst it would make him a pain in the arse.

It's like me wanting to beat the WWE champion at Wrestlemania without having to lay a hand on him.

You're right he is a liability.  However you can't be too harsh on him for wanting to be normal and serve his Country.  They should have given him a desk job.

Written By: Bobby on 02/28/08 at 7:39 pm

You're right he is a liability.  However you can't be too harsh on him for wanting to be normal and serve his Country.  They should have given him a desk job.

Yes, I agree.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/29/08 at 9:37 am

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/02/29/prince.afghanistan/index.html

Guess he's going home because the press is lame.

Written By: Tia on 02/29/08 at 12:37 pm

correction, the drudge report is lame. i hope he's getting millions of flame emails calling him a traitor. that would be awesome.

Written By: Bobby on 02/29/08 at 4:22 pm

That's quicker than even I expected.  ;D

I'm not sure the British will have any problems with him patriotically as in 'he's a traitor to our country', but I'm sure it will give them more reason to think the Royal Family are a waste of space.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/29/08 at 4:31 pm

If Prince Harry shaved off all his hair and grew a beard, not even his own mother would recognise him.

Written By: Bobby on 02/29/08 at 4:51 pm

If Prince Harry shaved off all his hair and grew a beard, not even his own mother would recognise him.

She isn't going to now, lol.  ;D

k.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/01/08 at 6:15 am

She isn't going to now, lol.  ;D

k.

*DOH*

I think this was all manufactured from A to Z.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/08 at 6:17 am

Prince Harry has arrive back in the UK from Afghanistan after his tour of duty was cut short because of a media leak.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/01/08 at 6:58 am

With Harry I gotta give him the benefit of any doubt.  He is in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.  :-\\

I just hope that his unit got the chance to kick some enemy butt during his short stint in Afghanistan.

Harry... LyricBoy salutes you for getting in the game...  :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/01/08 at 10:46 am

I do believe in ghost, I do believe in ghost!!! ;D

Written By: McDonald on 03/01/08 at 1:06 pm

Anyone see the interview where he said that he 'doesn't really like England that much'? Seems like a dumb thing to say for the third in line to the throne.

Written By: Gis on 03/01/08 at 4:15 pm

They had agreed a total silence in the British press, apparently they were getting bombarded daily with pictures and reports from his 'collegues'.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/01/08 at 4:52 pm

They had agreed a total silence in the British press, apparently they were getting bombarded daily with pictures and reports from his 'collegues'.

Figures.  All the poor kid wanted was to be left alone and go to war.

Check for new replies or respond here...