inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Phineas & Ferb"

Written By: woops on 03/10/08 at 7:16 pm

A far cry from the mouse that started it all...

Though really not that bad of a cartoon since it doesn't rely on too much gross out humor and the animation reminds me of mid/later  '90's cartoons like "Dexter's Lab" and "Two Stupid Dogs". The cartoon is quite average, though better than the "George of the Jungle" remake (where's the roasted Donald Duck*  ::) ) and the horrible 5th season of "Family Guy".

*on the "George of the Jungle" remake, Bullwinkle had a cameo on one episode as a 'moose head' trophy.

Also there's some hidden pop culture referances that goes over the head of the Disney Channel demographic like Evander Holyfield's ear to  the main character's mother being a former pop singer named "Lindanna", a take on Madonna.

Though Ashley Tisdale is a horrible singer (BTW, I never liked those tv movies), her voice over on the show is suprisingly good.

Subject: Re: "Phineas & Ferb"

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/10/08 at 7:23 pm

I can't stand it but my kids love it.

Written By: Gis on 03/12/08 at 4:00 am

Bowling for Soup sing the song and Jaret does one of the voices in some episodes so I'd watch it.  ;D

Written By: nally on 12/30/08 at 12:49 pm

I've been watching this program regularly as of late. It's amazing what those kids can do in their backyard (of course, in the world of cartoons, you can get away with pretty much anything, lol). Usually, their creation is wiped out at the end of each episode during a "sub-plot" in which their pet platypus, Perry, poses as a secret agent and goes after an evil scientist named Dr. Doofenshmirtz, and foils his plan. Several of these eps have had some pretty interesting plots.

Written By: woops on 12/30/08 at 8:43 pm

I actually haven't watched it for a while...

Though still watch "The Mighty B!" whenever it's on or when new episodes air.

Check for new replies or respond here...