inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone else buy Gilligan Islands(MaryAnn)?

Written By: saver on 03/11/08 at 6:19 pm

Recently arrested and only charged with reckless driving charge...Dawn Wells (MaryAnn),fiund with marijuana in car...lawyer says her friend admits it was his....

OK, you drive with a passenger who has MJ on them...so 1)when they leave your car..WHY DID THEY HAVE TO 'HIDE' IT IN YOUR CAR-(HAVING TO MAKE THE CHOICE TO REMOVE IT FROM THEIR PERSON,) AND FORGET ABOUT IT-LEAVING YOU-OR POLICE-TO FIND IT OR THE NEXT GUY WHO WASHES/WORKS ON YOUR CAR?
2)IF THEY 'LEFT' IT IN PLAIN SIGHT, WHY DIDN'T YOU GET RID OF IT,KNOWING YOU'D NEVER WANT THAT TO BE FOUND IN YOUR POSSESSION?

She apparently got off lucky,convincing the law(?),it was not hers. Since they may have believed it was anothers, guess they don't want to get their name...just in case HE MAY HAVE BEEN A DEALER OR CASUAL USER,they would be of interest watching...

I may try that if ever...uh, not my gun, someone left it when hitchiking...

Subject: Re: Anyone else buy Gilligan Islands(MaryAnn)?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/11/08 at 6:25 pm

Mary Ann was suppose to be the smart one, right?  I'd expect this stuff from a 19 year old but not from someone who is in there 60's wisdom is supposed to come with age.

Written By: limblifter on 03/11/08 at 6:44 pm

The marijuana was in the car. Her friend says it was his. She's not charged with possession. What's the problem here? ???

I may try that if ever...uh, not my gun, someone left it when hitchiking...

You make it a habit of driving with a gun in your car and picking up hitchhikers?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/11/08 at 6:49 pm

The marijuana was in the car. Her friend says it was his. She's not charged with possession. What's the problem here? ???

You make it a habit of driving with a gun in your car and picking up hitchhikers?

Why wasn't the pot with her friend?  I would never allow anyone to leave their "stuff" in my car.  If you get pull over for something and find it the question won't be asked "is this your friends pot?"  The question will be is this yours?  Luckily the guy said it was his, however you just don't let people leave their smoke in your car. . . ever.

Written By: saver on 03/11/08 at 8:10 pm

Why wasn't the pot with her friend?  I would never allow anyone to leave their "stuff" in my car.  If you get pull over for something and find it the question won't be asked "is this your friends pot?"  The question will be is this yours?  Luckily the guy said it was his, however you just don't let people leave their smoke in your car. . . ever.

HERE!HERE!

As far as driving with a gun in the car..guess it's the big city life here as I was taught ..you never know who has one with them in L.A.
John Denvers' covertible was found with one as he took off on his fatal plane prcatice run.

Updating..as mentioned, some residue was found in her ashtray and maybe some left behind...so whoever she let use the car seemed to be ok with her..then they said her weaving in the street was because the car was new and she was trying to find the heater while driving....'HEY Y'ALL, WANNA DRIVE MY NEW CAR???BRING ALL THE POT YOU WANT.....YEEHAW!!

Written By: Marian on 03/14/08 at 1:41 pm

Mary Ann was suppose to be the smart one, right?  I'd expect this stuff from a 19 year old but not from someone who is in there 60's wisdom is supposed to come with age.
hey,at her age,the chances go way up for friends of hers to have glaucoma or parkinson's disease! ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/14/08 at 2:13 pm

hey,at her age,the chances go way up for friends of hers to have glaucoma or parkinson's disease! ;)

Harsh baby-boomer reality all though true.

Written By: gumbypiz on 03/15/08 at 10:43 pm

Well I for one don't buy it.

Bob Denver (Gilligan) had gained quite a reputation for being a pothead and was busted for it twice before...

Dawn and Bob were few of the cast members that were close.

At the time of Bob's last bust, the authorities raided his house and found checks made out to Bob from Dawn for unstated reasons (she was never suspected of or accused of anything to do with his arrest)...but still.

Now I'm not saying she is guilty and the pot was hers, but I'm sure well implying it.

I KNOW I couldn't have gotten away with the "a friend left it in my car" crap  ::), nope off to jail you go...but I guess MaryAnn gets a get out of jail free card.

Thats cool, IMO she was the much hotter than Ginger anyway. ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 03/16/08 at 2:32 pm

Does anyone out there really care who smokes pot or not? 

Written By: Marian on 03/16/08 at 3:57 pm

Harsh baby-boomer reality all though true.
Although technically she's a member of the Silent Generation.

Written By: Tia on 03/19/08 at 4:13 pm

Does anyone out there really care who smokes pot or not? 
i do. i dont like it when people have never smoked pot. it makes me suspicious.

Written By: saver on 03/19/08 at 7:55 pm

Pot doesn't fall into ones hands and lights itself...it's all CHOICE...

I LIKE CHOICE-INTELLIGENT CHOICE-NOT IDIOTIC FOLLOW THE SHEEP AND DO THINGS 'CUZ EVERY DOES IT CHOICE :-X...(*oops, I've said too much)*LosingMyReligion....

Written By: limblifter on 03/19/08 at 11:55 pm

Some people choose to make sense.

Dawn Wells is just the victim of peer pressure. The woman in her 60s was obviously just smoking pot because all of the other cool kids were doing it.

Written By: Tia on 03/20/08 at 6:12 am

Well I for one don't buy it.

Bob Denver (Gilligan) had gained quite a reputation for being a pothead and was busted for it twice before...

Dawn and Bob were few of the cast members that were close.

i dont buy it. if they were toking on gilligans island, it'd have been a better show.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/20/08 at 8:28 am

i do. i dont like it when people have never smoked pot. it makes me suspicious.

Isn't that considered part of a normal adolescents and to some a normal adulthood?  Even JFK smoked weed.  Clinton didn't inhale . . . what a waste of a joint. ::)

Written By: Tia on 03/20/08 at 8:31 am

Isn't that considered part of a normal adolescents and to some a normal adulthood?  Even JFK smoked weed.  Clinton didn't inhale . . . what a waste of a joint. ::)
i just heard obama's quote about smokin'. "i inhaled! regularly! that's the whole point!"

hilarious.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/20/08 at 9:25 am

I was shocked when I first heard the story.  I honestly expected it to be Bob Denver, not Dawn Wells.  Oh well. 

Written By: Tia on 03/20/08 at 9:38 am

I was shocked when I first heard the story.  I honestly expected it to be Bob Denver, not Dawn Wells.  Oh well. 
true, she WAS sorta the my-body-is-a-temple type. (and as a regular viewer of gilligan's island, i can testify that her body was, indeed, worthy of worship...  :P) so i was a bit surprised too. but i think it's sorta cool anyway.

of course we are also totally discounting the possibility that she might actually be telling the truth, and this cat just had some dope in her car and she didn't even know about it. ;D we're so used to people lying about pot but it really IS possible though...

Written By: Marian on 03/21/08 at 1:52 pm

Some people choose to make sense.

Dawn Wells is just the victim of peer pressure. The woman in her 60s was obviously just smoking pot because all of the other cool kids were doing it.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;DLOL

Written By: snozberries on 03/23/08 at 12:24 pm

i dont buy it. if they were toking on gilligans island, it'd have been a better show.

well they were able to finally get off the island by tying the huts together using hemp rope so I suspect......

;D

Written By: saver on 03/23/08 at 7:58 pm

true, she WAS sorta the my-body-is-a-temple type. (and as a regular viewer of gilligan's island, i can testify that her body was, indeed, worthy of worship...  :P) so i was a bit surprised too. but i think it's sorta cool anyway.

of course we are also totally discounting the possibility that she might actually be telling the truth, and this cat just had some dope in her car and she didn't even know about it. ;D we're so used to people lying about pot but it really IS possible though...

Speaking of 'cool', in a recent interview with her ex(Gene Simmons) CHER admitted smoking pot in the 70's.when asked why...she said she thought it was something to do to be cool..Gene mentioned he NEVER did that...I too was raised well, I feel, to know, you don't do it because it makes you cool...YOU are responsible for how others see you..thanks to having god confidence in myself... I never drink or smoke....

Written By: Marian on 03/25/08 at 2:46 pm

well they were able to finally get off the island by tying the huts together using hemp rope so I suspect......

;D

I never thought of that.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/25/08 at 3:12 pm

The name of my High School was Hempfield High School.  Other wise known as Pot Field High. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/25/08 at 3:27 pm

I never thought of that.

yeah the first time I saw the movie I was too young to get it...but I saw it again like 5 years ago and I was much hipper by then.  ;D

Written By: Tia on 03/25/08 at 4:47 pm

Speaking of 'cool', in a recent interview with her ex(Gene Simmons) CHER admitted smoking pot in the 70's.when asked why...she said she thought it was something to do to be cool..Gene mentioned he NEVER did that...I too was raised well, I feel, to know, you don't do it because it makes you cool...YOU are responsible for how others see you..thanks to having god confidence in myself... I never drink or smoke....
yeah, you can tell by looking he's the respectable type.

http://www.masterpiecepumpkins.com/Graphics/KISS-GeneSimmons%20%20%20_photo.jpg

Written By: saver on 03/25/08 at 5:34 pm

yeah, you can tell by looking he's the respectable type.

http://www.masterpiecepumpkins.com/Graphics/KISS-GeneSimmons%20%20%20_photo.jpg

If you're going by looks that's one thing..by actions..that's another.

Written By: Tia on 03/26/08 at 2:52 pm

is it raelly the same gene simmons? i was kidding under the assumption that they were different.

Written By: ninny on 03/26/08 at 3:07 pm

Dammit it was the peer pressure ;D,I know,before I had my stroke,there were times my husband could not pick me up from work,so this guy would give me rides home(JUST RIDES)well we started to become friends and he introduced me to his girlfriend and her parents,next thing I know is he is picking me up taking me to his friends and holy crap he's a drug dealer and yes I succumb to the pressure and took a couple of tokes PEER PRESSURE . well he's in jail (Not to bright and sold to an undercover) and I haven't smoked since.

Written By: thereshegoes on 03/26/08 at 3:09 pm

If you're going by looks that's one thing..by actions..that's another.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=30321.msg1494876#msg1494876

You changed your mind? Good :)

Written By: saver on 03/26/08 at 7:03 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=30321.msg1494876#msg1494876

You changed your mind? Good :)

I still feel there is a line..if some perv exposing himself runs into a burning building to save you while his pants are around his ankles, you would acknowledge him but HATE him for his perv actions... and most likely never tell of the time, to others.

Just like someone wants to wear a floral bouquet coming from their behind and crawling up their back...they may be a terrific typist writer, but in MY day to day world..It is not how I am trying to present my/companys talents...just like some businesses wouldn't let you take off your shoes while working and others let you...it was recently written as a choice the 'moneygiver' lays down for his profession and services..yes, there may be some psychiatrists with leg tats but I may not choose going to them no matter how good they are...it demonstrates a iota of dropping ones standards mixing their pleasure with a particular acknowleged business standard.

Written By: Marian on 03/27/08 at 11:47 am

is it raelly the same gene simmons? i was kidding under the assumption that they were different.
there were 2 singers named gene simmons.

Written By: Tia on 03/27/08 at 11:49 am

I still feel there is a line..if some perv exposing himself runs into a burning building to save you while his pants are around his ankles, you would acknowledge him but HATE him for his perv actions... and most likely never tell of the time, to others.

i saw that episode of benny hill too! awesome!

Written By: Marian on 04/02/08 at 11:19 am

i saw that episode of benny hill too! awesome!
you gotta love british humor!

Check for new replies or respond here...