inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: True or false? 10 Things you didn’t know about Madonna

Written By: Mudbug on 03/12/08 at 5:03 am

Madonna has been inducted into the US Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at a star-studded ceremony in New York.

True or false? 10 Things you didn’t know about Madonna.
See below for the answers.

Madonna is 5 feet, 4½ inches (1.64 m) tall.

Nude photos of Madonna taken in 1977 appeared in the July editions of Playboy and Penthouse Magazines in 1985.

Madonna was sued by her next-door neighbor in 1990 for having a hedge that had grown too high, which blocked his view.

In 1990, 13-year-old Keith Sorrentino filed a $500,000 (£294,118) lawsuit against Madonna, claiming he suffered nightmares and bed-wetting problems after an incident outside Madonna’s home when she allegedly flung him to the ground.

In 1991, Madonna's 'Rescue Me', entered the US hot 100 at No.15, making her the highest-debuting female artist in rock history.

In 1993, Catholic churches in San Juan, Puerto Rico asked residents to tie black ribbons on trees in protest against Madonna's first live appearance in the country.

Madonna does not have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

At the end of Madonna's wedding ceremony, she and her new husband Guy Ritchie were given two rolls of toilet paper by Susan Brown, the minister, as it is one of the minister's traditions.

Madonna has won 9 Razzie Awards, including Worst Actress for "Shanghai Surprise" in 1987, Worst Actress for "Who's that Girl" in 1988, Worst Actress for "Body of Evidence" in 1994, Worst Supporting Actress for "Four Rooms" in 1996, Worst Actress of the Century in 2000.

In 2000 Madonna played her first show in eight years when she performed a short 20 minute set at New York's Roseland Ballroom. Madonna wore a tight black vest bearing the sequined name of 18 year-old Britney Spears.

True or false?
Click here to see http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/madonna.php

Subject: Re: True or false? 10 Things you didn’t know about Madonna

Written By: midnite on 03/12/08 at 11:03 pm

hmmm good stuff.  What? She wasnt considered a good actress?  I am shocked!  Shanghai Surprise was so bad, I couldn't even sleep through it. And believe me, I tried.

Subject: Re: True or false? 10 Things you didn’t know about Madonna

Written By: wsmith4 on 03/14/08 at 8:56 am

All of these are TRUE

Check for new replies or respond here...