inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Transgender man says he's pregnant

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/28/08 at 6:04 pm

I saw this on the local news the other night. This dude -- DUDE -- from Oregon was born a woman, and is now reportedly five months pregnant.  :o ;D Does anybody really believe this, or do you call it a bluff? I'm not even too sure I believe it or not, but **IF** it's true, then history has been made. If not, then it might just be a PR stunt or someone with a vivid imagination.

Has anyone else heard this crazy story?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4526582&page=1

Subject: Re: Transgender man says he's pregnant

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/29/08 at 9:13 pm

What's the problem?  Is it hereditary or something?
:D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/30/08 at 5:00 am

I saw this on the local news the other night. This dude -- DUDE -- from Oregon was born a woman, and is now reportedly five months pregnant.  :o ;D Does anybody really believe this, or do you call it a bluff? I'm not even too sure I believe it or not, but **IF** it's true, then history has been made. If not, then it might just be a PR stunt or someone with a vivid imagination.

Has anyone else heard this crazy story?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4526582&page=1

Transgender men can become pregnant if the ovaries and uterus have not been removed.  It's not a bluff.  Testosterone does very little to effect a Transgender/transman's fertility.  However in transsexual woman hormonal treatment causes sterility.  Yes, this is only the beginning of gender-bending parenthood.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/30/08 at 7:56 am

Why would this story be crazy?  Did they mention who the father is?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/30/08 at 1:27 pm

It was a donor.  Which makes it sound less bizarre.

Written By: whistledog on 03/30/08 at 1:29 pm

Larry Birkhead :D

Written By: limblifter on 03/31/08 at 2:40 am

Larry Birkhead :D

Good pick.

I've got twenty on Kevin Federline

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/02/08 at 10:05 pm

Transgender men can become pregnant if the ovaries and uterus have not been removed.  It's not a bluff.  Testosterone does very little to effect a Transgender/transman's fertility.  However in transsexual woman hormonal treatment causes sterility.  Yes, this is only the beginning of gender-bending parenthood.

Oh, I see, the man was born a woman, not the other way around, which is the case more often than not.
:-\\

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/03/08 at 12:40 pm

Oh, I see, the man was born a woman, not the other way around, which is the case more often than not.
:-\\

Right.  Transexual women don't have the ability to become pregnant.  Even if she would still keep her male genitalia she would be sterile because pure estrogen causes sterility in men.  However estrogen is needed to produce the "feminizine affect". 

However being that this transman never lost her ovaries or uterus, he still can reproduce.

Check for new replies or respond here...