inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone watch Hell's Kitchen?

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/02/08 at 5:04 pm

I got hooked on this show halfway into the season last year.  So how could I resist the season premiere when it comes on right after AI?  ;)

I guess I like the show cuz I like cooking and I get some good ideas from some of the dishes they make.  I'm sure I'd never last a day on there though.  I have no clue how to make lobster or other seafood and not to mention I'm the world's slowest/worst when it comes to chopping and dicing onions and tomatoes  lol!  But seriously I'm wondering how stupid some of these people on the show can really be.  I mean I know a lot of it is scripted and fake but did anyone watch last night? This guy made his "signature dish" of caviar and white chocolate and Chef Ramsey literally vomited for a long time after eating it.  I mean, come on do these people even eat their own food??? CAVIAR and WHITE CHOCOLATE????

Subject: Re: Anyone watch Hell's Kitchen?

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/08 at 7:05 pm

I got hooked on this show halfway into the season last year.  So how could I resist the season premiere when it comes on right after AI?  ;)

I guess I like the show cuz I like cooking and I get some good ideas from some of the dishes they make.  I'm sure I'd never last a day on there though.  I have no clue how to make lobster or other seafood and not to mention I'm the world's slowest/worst when it comes to chopping and dicing onions and tomatoes  lol!  But seriously I'm wondering how stupid some of these people on the show can really be.  I mean I know a lot of it is scripted and fake but did anyone watch last night? This guy made his "signature dish" of caviar and white chocolate and Chef Ramsey literally vomited for a long time after eating it.  I mean, come on do these people even eat their own food??? CAVIAR and WHITE CHOCOLATE????

I like you - you watch the same shows I do...

I found the show in at the start of season 2  and have been hooked ever since. I am very excited that Season one is on DVD so I can catch up with those eps I missed. 

For the record I detest cooking and cooking shows but something about this appeals to me.  I also watch Top Chef...which I highly recommend if you aren't already watching it.  I have learned quite a bit about cooking from these two shows...tho in the beginining I was on the phone with more culinary savvy friends of mine going what's this & how do you do that.

I laughed at Top Chef last year because that guy (from Santa Barbara) who was kicked off in the first episode made an amuse bousche (sp?) out of an apple....a whole apple... I'm screaming at the TV  "EVEN I KNOW WHAT AN AMUSE BOUSCHE IS IDIOT!!!!"  of course I had just learned it watching the season before because it was one of the challenges and I called my friend going dude this show is great um  what's an amuse bousche?  ;D

okay  back to Hell's Kitchen tho... I know they edited it this way but it still totally made me ill.... remember when the misogynistic Jason disappeared?  The cute to him sitting outside smoking and  :o  massaging his bare foot?  He was like digging in his toes and everything it was soooo nasty... I know that mostly likely that shot was taken from the end of the night after the kitchen had closed down but still it was such a graphic visual that I would never eat anything he made...EVER!!!!

and what an A$$... I mean how is it okay in this society for woman to know their place is in the kitchen at home but not in a restaurant.... why are we so sexist in the traditional sense but still have an attitude that only men can be chefs???? After listening to Jason I want a woman to win this year so bad!!!! I also want a woman to win Top Chef because we haven't had a woman win that show yet...

I hate him so bad I want them to take him out soon....

Written By: holicman on 04/02/08 at 7:31 pm

Gordon Ramsay is such a character !!

I do like to watch it when its on, and if Im home.

Written By: karen on 04/02/08 at 7:36 pm

I watched a bit of it last night and will try and watch it all.  I like Ramsey - just wish he wouldn't swear quite so much. 

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/08 at 7:36 pm

I watched a bit of it last night and will try and watch it all.  I like Ramsey - just wish he wouldn't swear quite so much. 

but they beep it so it's okay  ;)    ;D

Written By: karen on 04/02/08 at 7:50 pm

but they beep it so it's okay  ;)    ;D

In the UK it was shown at 9.00 p.m.  They would beep the f word during the first half but after 9.30 they didn't beep it.  Once they did beep something out later on.  We tried to lipread what it was!

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/08 at 7:53 pm

In the UK it was shown at 9.00 p.m.  They would beep the f word during the first half but after 9.30 they didn't beep it.  Once they did beep something out later on.  We tried to lipread what it was!

woo hoo I need to move to the UK  ;)

I know kitchen Nightmares started in the Uk  are you getting the US version or is there a UK version of Hell's Kitchen?

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/02/08 at 9:29 pm

okay  back to Hell's Kitchen tho... I know they edited it this way but it still totally made me ill.... remember when the misogynistic Jason disappeared?  The cute to him sitting outside smoking and  :o  massaging his bare foot?  He was like digging in his toes and everything it was soooo nasty... I know that mostly likely that shot was taken from the end of the night after the kitchen had closed down but still it was such a graphic visual that I would never eat anything he made...EVER!!!!

and what an A$$... I mean how is it okay in this society for woman to know their place is in the kitchen at home but not in a restaurant.... why are we so sexist in the traditional sense but still have an attitude that only men can be chefs???? After listening to Jason I want a woman to win this year so bad!!!! I also want a woman to win Top Chef because we haven't had a woman win that show yet...

I hate him so bad I want them to take him out soon....

I know that guy was a real jerk.  And out of the 2 guys up for elimination I would have rather seen Bobby go home because (at least from what they showed) he didn't seem to do much of anything and the poor stay-at-home dad at least tried.  Oh well

Didn't Rock win last year?  Last year I wanted that one girl to win.  I don't remember her name but she was the Waffle House cook that would get made fun of because she didn't know all the fancy cuisine yet she apparently cooked better than any of the girls.  I liked that Ramsey paid for her to go to culinary school- that was very nice. 

And I did see one episode of Kitchen Nightmares. Chef Ramsey cracks me up sometimes

Written By: snozberries on 04/02/08 at 9:56 pm

I know that guy was a real jerk.  And out of the 2 guys up for elimination I would have rather seen Bobby go home because (at least from what they showed) he didn't seem to do much of anything and the poor stay-at-home dad at least tried.  Oh well

Didn't Rock win last year?  Last year I wanted that one girl to win.  I don't remember her name but she was the Waffle House cook that would get made fun of because she didn't know all the fancy cuisine yet she apparently cooked better than any of the girls.  I liked that Ramsey paid for her to go to culinary school- that was very nice. 

And I did see one episode of Kitchen Nightmares. Chef Ramsey cracks me up sometimes

I think her name was Julia... I totally wanted her to win... I'd eat her food. A lot of the stuff they cook I wouldn't dare eat.  I realize I could never be a food critic because you have to be willing to taste anything and I'm just not

Written By: karen on 04/02/08 at 10:18 pm

woo hoo I need to move to the UK  ;)

I know kitchen Nightmares started in the Uk  are you getting the US version or is there a UK version of Hell's Kitchen?

It was the UK version of Hell's Kitchen

Written By: snozberries on 04/03/08 at 10:45 pm

It was the UK version of Hell's Kitchen

i'll have to check that out!

Written By: karen on 04/04/08 at 11:43 am

i'll have to check that out!

Not sure if the UK version is shown in the US

Written By: snozberries on 04/05/08 at 10:41 am

Not sure if the UK version is shown in the US

I wonder if they have it on BBC america? I know they show the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares.

Written By: ninny on 04/05/08 at 11:27 am

I love the show,its interesting if you go to this one website with the top 100 chefs he's not even listed
http://chef2chef.net/rank/chefs.shtml
So what makes him so good? I know he owns several restaurants and has written several cookbooks,won several awards
It must be his deep passion for quality and service

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/05/08 at 6:43 pm

I love Chef Ramsey. This is one of my favorite shows od all time. Just when U thought reality tv was in the toilet, this show comes along and saves the entire genre. I love this show and it's spin-off, Kitchen Nightmares. It's not good until Chef Ramsey starts screaming. LOL. I love it.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/06/08 at 10:23 am

I love the show,its interesting if you go to this one website with the top 100 chefs he's not even listed
http://chef2chef.net/rank/chefs.shtml
So what makes him so good? I know he owns several restaurants and has written several cookbooks,won several awards
It must be his deep passion for quality and service

I checked out all 99 people...number 100 a shot to nominate someone...

I've only heard of 3 people on the list and the only reason I'm familiar with Jamie Oliver is because I watch Oprah's Big Give... I'm not a big cooking show watching fool... so I know very little about it SNL did a great skit last night on Top Chef... where they have 'Padma' come out with "some chef you've never heard of from some restaurant"  ;D  that's how I feel every week when they bring out the guest judge.

Come to think about... rarely does Gordon ever cook.. he stands there and screams at the chefs but never jumps in to help.. maybe all you need to be a star of your reality cooking show is a good palette and a loud mouth!  ;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/09/08 at 4:10 pm

OMG that Jason guy is suuuuch a jerk.  Talking about all women can do is have a tupperware party. I hope someone kicks his a**.  And that Corey was so stupid to pick people because she personally does not like them.  I'm glad Ramsey sent the Barbie girl  home.  LOL

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 04/09/08 at 4:12 pm

Gordon Ramsay is such a character !!

He certainly is!  :D

I love the show and have been watching it for 3 seasons already!  8)

Written By: snozberries on 04/14/08 at 6:39 pm

OMG that Jason guy is suuuuch a jerk.  Talking about all women can do is have a tupperware party. I hope someone kicks his a**.  And that Corey was so stupid to pick people because she personally does not like them.  I'm glad Ramsey sent the Barbie girl  home.  LOL

Coery is scared that's why she put up who she did...it was stupid...but fortunately Gordon is not... don't put someone up because they are your competition it just shows you lack the confidence to believe you can beat them... no put up the people who suck and make it a show... I'd like to see Gordon say you all suck... we have no winner here is the new group of contestants!  now that would be a season! 

and yes I would like to take Jason out back and beat him into submission... I for one hope he makes it to the finale with a woman and then loses horribly to her!  that would be awesome...otherwise I just want him off the show tomorrow!

Written By: Dagwood on 04/15/08 at 10:28 am

Jason needs to be hit upside the head with a two by four with a rusty nail or two embedded for good measure.  I can't stand that guy. 

Written By: snozberries on 04/15/08 at 11:17 pm

WEST COAST DON'T READ THIS FOR ANOTHER 45 MINUTES....or until after you've watched your TiVO.

I was kinda right on both counts..... Not only did Jason have to go up against a woman...he also lost to a woman  O0!    too bad Vanessa cried tho... I hate it when women cry because men expect us too and of course Jason used it to diminish his dismissal...I want to kick his arse!

Quote of the night....."Hey you, SMURF, come here!"  Gordon to LouRoss!  ;D

Written By: ninny on 04/16/08 at 6:49 am

Agreed Jason what a ASS,I'm glad he went home- >:( Male Pig

Written By: Dagwood on 04/16/08 at 9:09 am

No doubt.  I love how he was going on about men being better then couldn't even remember the dessert menu.  What a tool.

Written By: Moon444 on 04/16/08 at 12:21 pm

It's not good until Chef Ramsey starts screaming. LOL. I love it.  ;D

I agree, and I love his accent.

I don't feel it would be nearly as interesting without Ramsay screaming obscenities and insults. Can anyone imagine him being soft spoken on the show?

He really makes the environment what it is. He's the reason I got hooked on the show, and it's incredible because when he took the girls out to dinner as a reward for winning the challenge, he comes across so different, but get him back in that kitchen and he changes. Look out!

No,  but seriously, I can see why he would become frustrated. That environment is full of pressure and ultimate chaos. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/violent4.gif

Written By: midnite on 04/17/08 at 12:03 am

i was one of a few people who watched the first couple seasons.  I loved it. Ramsay is great.  I havent seen much of this season unfortunately.

Ramsay had a show where he would go in and turn around small mom-and-pop restaurants.  That was good too.  He would show the chefs how to cook, what dishes to have, and help with presentation. 

It was nice to see that he has a soft side too.  It seems that he can be charming.  Like me, he is serious about his work and may be a sweetheart outside of work.

Written By: snozberries on 04/24/08 at 1:26 am

"You- egghead!"  Yeah Craig that's you!

did I happen to mention I love Gordon Ramsay???

;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/24/08 at 4:27 pm

LOL  Craig was an idiot too.  Glad he's gone. 

That's too bad about Vanessa though (I think that's her name).  From what they showed, it looked like she wasn't even the one who started the fire, she was just trying to help somebody and she got the bad end of the stick.  Wonder what will happen to her now

Written By: snozberries on 04/25/08 at 10:07 pm

LOL  Craig was an idiot too.  Glad he's gone. 

That's too bad about Vanessa though (I think that's her name).  From what they showed, it looked like she wasn't even the one who started the fire, she was just trying to help somebody and she got the bad end of the stick.  Wonder what will happen to her now

Exactly... whats her name - the one who gets absolutely no air time started the fire and Vanessa tried to put it out because the chick dropped the pan and ran in the other direction.... although...even though I don't cook... I think I know enough not to "swish" a pan that has three foot high flames coming out of it.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 04/29/08 at 9:28 pm

Hmm.  I'm a little disappointed that Vanessa quit cuz I thought she could still be able to do some things in the kitchen.  But after that I saw that ending coming from a mile away.  It seems everybody's being stupid- the guys can't even talk to each other and then get p*ssed when they lose.  And the girls just have their little cat fights and nominate people because they don't like their personality.  It also seems (from what they show) that LouRoss is a better cook than Ben but Ben's just got the big ego.

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/08 at 9:53 pm

I almost looked and then I remembered to wait until I got home so no surprises would be ruined  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/08 at 3:53 pm

hmmm apparently Bobby wanted to make the Hannibal Lector pizza.....the primary ingredient would be sea merchants!  ;D    dude its urchins...sea urchins!  I don't know what they are but even I know what they are called....

how nice the girls got to go to beautiful Santa Barbara for a $90 burger...even if I won the $100 million dollar lottery I wouldn't go there. but It's nice to see the town I live in featured on national TV....Wish they'd shown more of SB tho. 

Written By: Henk on 04/30/08 at 4:39 pm

I think her name was Julia... I totally wanted her to win... I'd eat her food. A lot of the stuff they cook I wouldn't dare eat.  I realize I could never be a food critic because you have to be willing to taste anything and I'm just not

Well, so did I. Julia was about the only one being honest and modest, and improving with every episode. I was sad when she didn't win in the end.

So....Yes, I do watch the series (whenever I can find the time), and I also watch Kitchen Nightmares. Problem is that these shows are usually scheduled at the most impossible times of day for me (either too early or too late, or opposite of another show I wanna see). And I keep forgetting I've a video recorder... :-[

Series 4 hasn't started here yet, so I guess it's best for me to avoid this thread. ;)

Written By: midnite on 04/30/08 at 8:17 pm

hmmm apparently Bobby wanted to make the Hannibal Lector pizza.....the primary ingredient would be sea merchants!   ;D    dude its urchins...sea urchins!  I don't know what they are but even I know what they are called....

Quite funny.

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/08 at 8:41 pm

Quite funny.

thanks I try

Written By: snozberries on 05/03/08 at 12:53 am

I forgot to say I was quite disappointed with Vanessa... had she made an attempt to suck it up she could've really impressed Chef Ramsey. I get that the burns are extremely painful but he basically implied that if she stayed she would not have been sent home that night. He wanted to see her try and overcome the situation.

Written By: midnite on 05/03/08 at 3:39 pm

All I can say is that the guys on the show are morons.  Obviously it is planned so Ramsey can go nuts and scream at them.  Which is great!

I like Top Chef too because they make some pretty interesting dishes.

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/08 at 11:29 am

Dang I hated that girl and her mother.... you know what I'm not necessarily adventurous enough to try mango and avacado salsa but expand your pallete  a bit...who hasn't tried shrimp by the age of 16. I mean if you're allergic to shell fish that's one thing but come on I was eating shrimp at the age of 7.  Fried shrimp, shrimp scampi, shrimp cocktail, shrimp fried rice... I woulda been pissed if I'd been one of her friends and found out we could've had shrimp but she screwed it up for us cause she's stupid and selfish (I almost typed shellfish  ;D )

Okay... is it me or does Matt look like he might just come in the joint with a semi automatic and blow the competition away....literally?  He's one scary dude...man I swear in a few years we'll be reading about him doing something like that somewhere!

Um... I totally thought Rosanne was gone. . . She screwed up two services in a row.  But now I want that bitch Courntey to go because she called Shayna fat and Shayna has a 3 month old...that wasn't fat that was baby weight!

Is it me or do none of them seem competent enough to run Chef's kitchen?  I mean
Jen is obnoxious
Courtney is conceited
Christina is a snob....and she's still a culinary student so imagine her with a degree or certificate or whatever it is they get. 
Rosanne sucks big time
Matt- scary- already covered it.  Question: Could the boy sweat anymore????  8-P
Lou Ross...yo the dawg is so gangsta he makes me look like a poser yo  yaknowhatImean?
Petrozza I don't know about Petrozza still trying to figure him out.
Ben... I don't know I don't trust Ben.
and Bobby...if Bobby doesn't close his mouth when he cooks he's gonna end up drooling into someone's food.

Ugh... if I were Gordon Ramsay... I'd take a look over at TLC and pick up one of those Top Chefs instead.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/07/08 at 4:12 pm

I didn't get to watch the whole show last night- I only saw up until the guys won the challenge.  And yeah that girl was a total you-know-what.  Reminds me of my sister's eating habits  "Oh my God I don't know what those red things are it looks like jewelry..."
Anyway who went home?

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/08 at 4:45 pm

I didn't get to watch the whole show last night- I only saw up until the guys won the challenge.  And yeah that girl was a total you-know-what.  Reminds me of my sister's eating habits  "Oh my God I don't know what those red things are it looks like jewelry..."
Anyway who went home?

shayna. She didn't get much air time so you may not have noticed her. She wore glasses and yes Courtney, she is a little on the chunky side but giving birth 3 months ago will do that to a girl.

Written By: ninny on 05/07/08 at 5:33 pm

Dang I hated that girl and her mother.... you know what I'm not necessarily adventurous enough to try mango and avacado salsa but expand your pallete  a bit...who hasn't tried shrimp by the age of 16. I mean if you're allergic to shell fish that's one thing but come on I was eating shrimp at the age of 7.  Fried shrimp, shrimp scampi, shrimp cocktail, shrimp fried rice... I woulda been pissed if I'd been one of her friends and found out we could've had shrimp but she screwed it up for us cause she's stupid and selfish (I almost typed shellfish  ;D )

Okay... is it me or does Matt look like he might just come in the joint with a semi automatic and blow the competition away....literally?  He's one scary dude...man I swear in a few years we'll be reading about him doing something like that somewhere!

Um... I totally thought Rosanne was gone. . . She screwed up two services in a row.  But now I want that bitch Courntey to go because she called Shayna fat and Shayna has a 3 month old...that wasn't fat that was baby weight!

Is it me or do none of them seem competent enough to run Chef's kitchen?   I mean
Jen is obnoxious
Courtney is conceited
Christina is a snob....and she's still a culinary student so imagine her with a degree or certificate or whatever it is they get. 
Rosanne sucks big time
Matt- scary- already covered it.  Question: Could the boy sweat anymore????  8-P
Lou Ross...yo the dawg is so gangsta he makes me look like a poser yo  yaknowhatImean?
Petrozza I don't know about Petrozza still trying to figure him out.
Ben... I don't know I don't trust Ben.
and Bobby...if Bobby doesn't close his mouth when he cooks he's gonna end up drooling into someone's food.

Ugh... if I were Gordon Ramsay... I'd take a look over at TLC and pick up one of those Top Chefs instead.

I agree with everything you said 100% Matt does look and act like he could go postal,Jen needs to be put in her place,the 2 blonde girls are plain bitches,Roseanne needs lots of help,I was hoping she would've gone home
The guys Petrozza seems like the nicest,LouRoss I'm not sure about him,Ben seems to be a jerk,Bobby needs to due more leading,I believe he is suppose to be a 4 star general.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/07/08 at 6:11 pm

shayna. She didn't get much air time so you may not have noticed her. She wore glasses and yes Courtney, she is a little on the chunky side but giving birth 3 months ago will do that to a girl.

OK I know who she was.  I thought she was ok....but then of course they didn't show her enough so I wouldn't know.  I did see Corey saying she was too slow, is that why she got sent home?  That's too bad though: I thought her and Vanessa were the only decent girls on the show.  The rest of them are just.....you-know-whats.  As for the guys....not sure about that either.  LouRoss seemed pretty good at first and maybe he still is.  Petrozza is nice but kinda clueless.  Bobby and Ben are just big-headed and Matt is just plain weird.  I do agree with him in that the guys have had some major problems with no communicating in the kitchen, but then again it seems Matt never knows what he's talking about anyway  lol

Written By: Dagwood on 05/07/08 at 7:38 pm

I did see Corey saying she was too slow, is that why she got sent home? 

Yeah.  Gordon even remarked that she was a good cook, she was just slow.

Written By: karen on 05/08/08 at 3:29 am

How do think Matt is going to get on working in the red kitchen?

Written By: snozberries on 05/08/08 at 5:49 pm

How do think Matt is going to get on working in the red kitchen?

I think with Matt and Rosane in that kitchen the girls are destined to lose....

the girls bitch about him being on their team but will welcome him after they lose because then they can sacrafice him to spare one of their own... and if Rosanne goes home in his place then they will still have him around to sacrifice the next service.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/08/08 at 6:55 pm

LOL  well I dunno....Matt seems just as b*tchy as the other girls....maybe he'll fit in great!  ;)

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/13/08 at 11:33 pm

Hmmm...... did Matt say "metrosexual?"  It's all starting to make sense now......haha  I'm glad Ben got to take his big-headed self home

Written By: snozberries on 05/14/08 at 3:25 am

LOL  well I dunno....Matt seems just as b*tchy as the other girls....maybe he'll fit in great!  ;)

That was pretty funny tonight... I kept expecting Gordon to catch Matt laughing and then rip into Matt.... I agree with Matt tho the way Ben was I would care when I went home as long as I went home after my biggest rival.

So which girl do you see going to the men's side?

The girls might make Roseane go because she SUCKS!

Courtney might go to hang with her boy LouRoss.

Jen might go to try to redeem herself and her big mouth.

I don't see Christina (is that her name?) going.

Written By: karen on 05/14/08 at 10:38 am

That was pretty funny tonight... I kept expecting Gordon to catch Matt laughing and then rip into Matt....

I was waiting for that to happen as well.  Matt did get a little too cocky I thought.

Did Gordon seem worse to you last night?  I thought he lost his temper big time over much smaller things than usual.  :-\\

So which girl do you see going to the men's side?

The girls might make Roseane go because she SUCKS!

Jen might go to try to redeem herself and her big mouth.

Jen or Courtney I think

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/14/08 at 3:09 pm

Yes her name is Christina but I think the other blonde's name is Corey not Courtney

Written By: snozberries on 05/16/08 at 10:06 pm

Yes her name is Christina but I think the other blonde's name is Corey not Courtney

maybe I should just call them Barbie One & Barbie Two  ;D

I was waiting for that to happen as well.  Matt did get a little too cocky I thought.

Did Gordon seem worse to you last night?  I thought he lost his temper big time over much smaller things than usual.  :-\\

Jen or Courtney I think

Gordon was worse but it makes me wonder what was left on the editing room floor.

Hmmm Secretly I hope it's Jen... I think it would be fun watching her boss Bobby and Lou Ross around. 

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/20/08 at 9:21 pm

Wow the blue team really had trouble communicating but I liked how Jen stepped it up and brought the guys together.  She probably just doesn't get along with other girls so she works much better with guys.  And Chef Ramsey's tricky elimination was just cruel!  Oh well

Written By: Dagwood on 05/21/08 at 10:22 am

And I wanted someone to smack some duct tape over Jen's mouth.  Is that woman every happy?  All she does is bitch.  You guys lost the challenge, get over it.  Louross beat himself up plenty over it.  I so can't stand that woman.

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/28/08 at 8:19 pm

Wow, I think snoz was right about Matt...he's gone loony! 
I was disappointed that chef sent home LouRoss instead of Jen.  LouRoss to me seemed to cooperate better, have better ideas, and of course wasn't a total b*tch like Jen.  Oh well this switching kitchens thing will be interesting...

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 06/04/08 at 10:06 am

I didn't get to see the show last night so I missed all of Matt's craziness.  Who went home?

Written By: Moon444 on 06/04/08 at 10:59 am

Matt went home.

Written By: karen on 06/04/08 at 1:37 pm

I didn't get to see the show last night so I missed all of Matt's craziness.   Who went home?

He wasn't quite as crazy as I thought he was going to be.  Though he did look a bit evil as he was sharpening the knives.

Mainly he whined about having a migraine.

Written By: ninny on 06/04/08 at 1:42 pm

He wasn't quite as crazy as I thought he was going to be.  Though he did look a bit evil as he was sharpening the knives.

Mainly he whined about having a migraine.

I get migraines they can be bad.....Matt looked like he went from doing the Three Stooges,to playing a psycho.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/04/08 at 2:11 pm

So glad Matt is gone, the only thing that would have been better would have been if Gordon had sent home Jen too.

Written By: snozberries on 06/14/08 at 3:47 pm

I am totally ready for Jen to go home.  Really I don't think any of them deserve the job.... Maybe Petrozza (if he can clean up his act) but I don't feel there's really a break-out or standout chef this season.

Personally I don't know if I want any of them cooking for me.

Jen is a bitch... Dag's right all she does is argue and complain... and throw other people under the bus.  The girl never takes responsibility for anything. I guarantee that Ramsey has no use for her.... if she wins this thing I'm surrendering my remote control!

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 06/14/08 at 3:59 pm

I watched the first season, but I haven't watched since. I like Gordon but he swears and screams too much!  :o I prefer to watch him on BBC's Kitchen Nightmares, where he seems a bit more subdued...  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 06/14/08 at 4:06 pm

I watched the first season, but I haven't watched since. I like Gordon but he swears and screams too much!  :o I prefer to watch him on BBC's Kitchen Nightmares, where he seems a bit more subdued...  ;D

I like both versions of Gordon. I'd love to sit in the Hell's Kitchen dining room but I think I'd like to be there on one of those days when they don't complete service so that

1) I can watch Gordon yell at them
and
2) so that I will hopefully not get served because those guys sweat a lot and it would freak me out if I watched the episode after the fact and saw that someone sweated into my food.  8-P

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/16/08 at 2:36 pm

I like him in both shows...as well as 'Gordon Ramsay's F Word' (which I haven't seen on the air this season)...

(And btw, the 'F' word in this show is Food!  ;))

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 06/19/08 at 3:03 pm

So glad Jen's gone...she seemed so full of herself!  :P

Written By: Dagwood on 06/19/08 at 4:29 pm

I haven't watched the episode yet, but I can't wait to see her go. ;D

Written By: Marian on 06/20/08 at 1:50 pm

dark chocolate would have been better.

Written By: snozberries on 06/22/08 at 7:40 pm

So glad Jen's gone...she seemed so full of herself!  :P

Yeah me too... she gave me a headache. 

Corey

Petrozza

Christina.....

I don't know i think it might be petrozza.  But it would be fun to see Christina and Corey in the finals because they hate each other but work well together.

I think they should switch it up this year and instead of the winner working for Ramsay-  the winner has to come back in next season and defend their title against a mixture of (to steal from Survivor) fans and favorites.... I say bring back 8 favorites 2 from each season... and 8 fans and then all 17 of them compete to take Season 5!

Written By: snozberries on 07/03/08 at 8:55 pm

Okay so Petrozza and Christina in the finale....anyone else pick up on how Gordon said - directly to Christina-  This is the executive chef for London NYC  he will oversee the opening of London LA and you will be working closely with him when you win....

granted Petrozza was standing right next to Christina but Gordon looked right at her and leaned into her to emphasize the line "when you win"

Written By: ninny on 07/08/08 at 9:15 pm

:) Yippee is all I'm going to say.

Written By: karen on 07/08/08 at 9:19 pm

:) Yippee is all I'm going to say.

I'm not sure that I really wanted either of them to win  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 07/08/08 at 11:15 pm

What did I tell you???

I'm with you Karen it wasn't the best pool of contestants this season.

and I totally would have thrown Matt out of the kitchen....Jen too. 

When it came down to picking the last team mate I would've said, If I were Christina. Thank you Chef but I want to win this and I think it would be better for my Team if I just had these three.....then Petrozza could have looked at the person he had just picked and said....you know what Chef she's right... I'd like to go down to three helpers too...

That's what I wanted to happen.  Can you imagine the comments that would have come from Matt and Jen if they had been a) not selected at all and b) selected and then fired before even starting!  ;D  Now that would've been GREAT TV!!!!

Written By: ninny on 07/09/08 at 10:06 am

Those were the only two I liked thid season,my third choice would of been Bobby.

Written By: snozberries on 07/09/08 at 9:05 pm

Those were the only two I liked thid season,my third choice would of been Bobby.

Bobby never closed his mouth... I would totally be afraid that he was drooling into my food.

Written By: karen on 07/10/08 at 9:30 am

I liked Bobby.  I also thought Corey was pretty good.

Check for new replies or respond here...