inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: When did ill-fitting clothing come into style?

Written By: Adalwolf1967 on 04/04/08 at 2:16 pm

I like fashion, the magazines, Haute Couture, and independent labels very much, but something has been, like, totally eating me.

Ill-fitting clothes.

This, more than any other aesthetic thing, really pisses me off. Stylists and whatever constantly tell people to wear "tailored" clotes, which in reality are just skin tight. Take Spanx, for example. Those things annoy me so much. Firstly, the idea of wearing what's basically a body stocking under your clothes seems unbearably uncomfortable and on top of that they sound like they'd be burning hot in the summer. And people say that this contraption reshapes an hence "flatters" the body. Who needs that? And also there's this woman who made these jeans, I forget who she is, but she advises her customers to buy her pants to fit like a "second skin". It may sound a little like I'm pushing my opinions, but that stuff makes my legs suffocate.

Another thing I totally hate is too loose clothes. Now, I like some of the more "urban" among us wear, with the loose jeans and big sweatsheeshs and hi-tops. But it's just horrible when you may see a woman, and her t-shirt kind of makes a pouch of fabric between the bottom of her breasts and her stomach, or you see a guy in a suit, and nothing he's wearing fits, like, at all. I sound obbsessive, even to myself, but I HATE seeing people who look like they're uber-uncomfortable. And, for the record, when are high heels and wedges comfortable? I wore some for about 3 hours at a school dance last june, and my feet hurt for 3 DAYS afterward. It wasn't pretty.

So, in short, someone please help explain to me what's up with all these terrible clotes over the past 30 or so years.

Subject: Re: When did ill-fitting clothing come into style?

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/04/08 at 6:08 pm

I like the apple bottom jeans and the boots with the fur.

Or baggy sweat pants and the Reeboks with the straps.

Written By: Jessica on 04/04/08 at 9:48 pm

I like the apple bottom jeans and the boots with the fur.

I bet they look great on you. ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 04/05/08 at 6:00 am

The glory about living in the 00s is that you can choose a fashion.  ;)

Written By: Marian on 04/05/08 at 2:11 pm

I like fashion, the magazines, Haute Couture, and independent labels very much, but something has been, like, totally eating me.

Ill-fitting clothes.

This, more than any other aesthetic thing, really pisses me off. Stylists and whatever constantly tell people to wear "tailored" clotes, which in reality are just skin tight. Take Spanx, for example. Those things annoy me so much. Firstly, the idea of wearing what's basically a body stocking under your clothes seems unbearably uncomfortable and on top of that they sound like they'd be burning hot in the summer. And people say that this contraption reshapes an hence "flatters" the body. Who needs that? And also there's this woman who made these jeans, I forget who she is, but she advises her customers to buy her pants to fit like a "second skin". It may sound a little like I'm pushing my opinions, but that stuff makes my legs suffocate.

Another thing I totally hate is too loose clothes. Now, I like some of the more "urban" among us wear, with the loose jeans and big sweatsheeshs and hi-tops. But it's just horrible when you may see a woman, and her t-shirt kind of makes a pouch of fabric between the bottom of her breasts and her stomach, or you see a guy in a suit, and nothing he's wearing fits, like, at all. I sound obbsessive, even to myself, but I HATE seeing people who look like they're uber-uncomfortable. And, for the record, when are high heels and wedges comfortable? I wore some for about 3 hours at a school dance last june, and my feet hurt for 3 DAYS afterward. It wasn't pretty.

So, in short, someone please help explain to me what's up with all these terrible clotes over the past 30 or so years.

Capture these people with your camera phone and submit them to "What Not to Wear"!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/05/08 at 6:48 pm

I like clothes that fit well. If your clothes fit well they compliment you whether you're a size 2 or 22. But if it's too tight, you look too fat, and if they're too big, you just look sloppy. You want to achieve a cohesive look that fits properly.

And clothes should FIT!

Check for new replies or respond here...