inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Great News for Brazil (and it's friends).

Written By: La Roche on 04/14/08 at 9:58 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080415/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/brazil_oil

They've found a few of these before but 30,000,000,000 barrels is pretty damn big.

That'd be nice.

Give us a few years of comfort to start coming up with some new ideas anyhow. I would hope Brazil wouldn't join OPEC, instead using the profits from selling oil to develop new methods of transport and enhancing their already successful bio-fuels program.. plus, I just like Brazil, it's such an inoffensive country I can't help but be happy that a s**t ton of money just fell in to their laps.

Subject: Re: Great News for Brazil (and it's friends).

Written By: Jessica on 04/14/08 at 10:18 pm

I wonder what Dubya will dream up against Brazil so he could invade the country. ::)

Written By: La Roche on 04/14/08 at 10:22 pm

I wonder what Dubya will dream up against Brazil so he could invade the country. ::)

Much as I'd love to laugh..

In all seriousness this is good news for us as well, trade (to my knowledge) has always been cordial between Brazil and the US and their government doesn't appear to be stupid. The U.S is the worlds biggest oil importer and they'll use this to their advantage, undercutting OPEC would put a lot of money in the Brazilian Government's pocket and through the government to the people.

Written By: Tia on 04/15/08 at 8:33 pm

das pretty cool. i hope thereshegoes doesn't forget us little people.

they're apparently pretty big in the ethanol too. it's a boom country these days.

Written By: midnite on 04/17/08 at 12:06 am

Why are we still driving around in these vehicles that rely on fossil fuels (scarce resources) from the most volatile parts of the world run by lunatics?

In the early 80s, I remember watching TV shows about alternative vehicles.  That was over 20 years ago!!!!

Written By: Tia on 04/17/08 at 5:55 am

well, hopefully brazil isn't being run by a lunatic...

Check for new replies or respond here...