inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Double standard? If you were in charge what would you do....

Written By: saver on 04/17/08 at 10:28 pm

News out that baseball player Miguel Tejada listed his address with the baseball contract he signed as 17 when he really was 19...

All his other documents put him correct born 1974 NOT 76...if YOU did this would you be fired?

Or is that a non issue?

A young actress from 'THAT 70'S SHOW' was younger than thought and got the job, THEN she got tp keep it..

SHOW BIZ, SPORTS, guess it doesn't matter?    :-\\

Subject: Re: Double standard? If you were in charge what would you do....

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/17/08 at 10:46 pm

News out that baseball player Miguel Tejada listed his address with the baseball contract he signed as 17 when he really was 19...

All his other documents put him correct born 1974 NOT 76...if YOU did this would you be fired?

Or is that a non issue?

A young actress from 'THAT 70'S SHOW' was younger than thought and got the job, THEN she got tp keep it..

SHOW BIZ, SPORTS, guess it doesn't matter?    :-\\

Let me guess, Mila Kunis?

Hollywood/the Sports World is one big hellhole anyway, so it's expected.

Written By: whistledog on 04/17/08 at 11:41 pm

^ That was Mila Kunis yes.  She was only 14 years old when she was cast as Jackie, but she told the producers she was older

Written By: saver on 04/17/08 at 11:57 pm

Do you think more lower scaled jobs(no offense), like gas station attendants, convenience stores..don't care about true disclosures of everything on an application?

Years ago,try getting into a movie theater underaged and yeroutta there..and that was just as a patron!

thn you get the higher end jobs, I believe, I read, that axed employees after finding the guy didn't grad from a school listed or do what he said he did....whether he did a good job or not, the company proclaimed the integrity of their workers..so someone was OUT! 

Written By: Marian on 04/18/08 at 1:53 pm

^ That was Mila Kunis yes.  She was only 14 years old when she was cast as Jackie, but she told the producers she was older
if she's a lot like Jackie in real life,maybe she forgot what her birthdate was.

Written By: midnite on 04/22/08 at 10:40 pm

Thats the way the world works.  Those with power get what they want.  I am not saying that the young actress or Miguel Tejada have alot of power, but the producers and team owners/organizations have money.  The rules do not count for them.

The same goes for politics and white-collar crime.  Politicians and executives rarely do hard time for stepping on the little guy and committing white-collar crimes.  Look at the tech-stock and housing bubbles - the average person was harmed and incurred losses.  The executives made alot of money while the average person got hurt.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

By the way, LOTS of Dominican baseball players have lied about their age to get out of the country and get MLB contracts.  It is well-documented.  If I recall correctly, Scouts do not even look at Dominican players who are over 19 or 20 years old.  They are considered OLD.  Therefore, they lie and say they are 17.

Check for new replies or respond here...