inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What idiot????

Written By: saver on 04/24/08 at 12:11 am

Recently some citizens outside looking at the sky in Arizona were puzzled-and some jumping to conclusions,others smart enough to question it and even call authorities before sounding foolish-saw strange lights dancing in the skies!

THESE people are the OK ones..THE IDIOT..is he guy who said, he was behind the commotion: he said he attached fishline to helium balloons and put flairs on them.

What kind of idiot would do something like this AND for what on GODS eart reason!

Folks in Arizona..you found your town fool..let him know it! You know darn well a panic would arise from something like this!!!

Subject: Re: What idiot????

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/24/08 at 1:20 pm

One time my me and my younger brother were driving through some city in Ohio (Columbus, I think) at night when we saw several of these strange lights moving wildly around just off the side of the freeway, and we were both like "WTF is that?!?"

When we got closer we saw that there were about 4 or 5 people on the ground, and they were flying these highly maneuverable kites that would twist violently in the wind, and they had attached lights to them. It was really cool.  :)

Written By: Marian on 04/25/08 at 10:09 am

One time my me and my younger brother were driving through some city in Ohio (Columbus, I think) at night when we saw several of these strange lights moving wildly around just off the side of the freeway, and we were both like "WTF is that?!?"

When we got closer we saw that there were about 4 or 5 people on the ground, and they were flying these highly maneuverable kites that would twist violently in the wind, and they had attached lights to them. It was really cool.  :)
Did you ask if you could try it? :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/25/08 at 11:58 pm

What kind of idiot would do something like this AND for what on GODS eart reason!

For the LULZ!

Was anyone harmed by this?  No.  (If his balloon-contraption had somehow threatened air traffic, throw the book at him -- but it didn't.  At most, he's guilty of littering.)

Next time, he should arrange them in a tetrahedral formation with a bigger balloon on top.  Then it would have looked like a solid triangle-shaped aircraft, sorta like the large autonomous *REDACTED*s they fly out of *REDACTED*.

Anyways, it's the desert.  Lotta weird things in the sky up there.  That's half the fun!

Written By: saver on 04/26/08 at 5:14 pm

For the LULZ!

Was anyone harmed by this?  No.  (If his balloon-contraption had somehow threatened air traffic, throw the book at him -- but it didn't.  At most, he's guilty of littering.)

Next time, he should arrange them in a tetrahedral formation with a bigger balloon on top.  Then it would have looked like a solid triangle-shaped aircraft, sorta like the large autonomous *REDACTED*s they fly out of *REDACTED*.

Anyways, it's the desert.  Lotta weird things in the sky up there.  That's half the fun!

The more people who were 'taken' by this, do you think hat's where the DUNCE hat should go?

I heard many people calling in to talk shows trying to get on record with the "I think i saw a UFO" story...no one was reported missing either...I was figuring with all the people who can't wait to get their 10 minutes of fame,(Paris Hilton took the extra 5 from everyones allowance),many would go crazy over anything found in the sky without an explanation..well, we all know what it was now, so case closed..sleep easy.

Check for new replies or respond here...