inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Semi Crashes Into Chicago Red Line Station

Written By: Jessica on 04/25/08 at 6:49 pm

Jesus Christ.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/25/truck.crash.ap/index.html

We always park below this station when we go to Chinatown. I don't know how the hell he managed to do this.

Subject: Re: Semi Crashes Into Chicago Red Line Station

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/25/08 at 7:09 pm

Wow Jess, I missed that.

I flew into Chicago from Picksburgh today for a meeting... then back.

Had enuf time to get a Superdawg at Midway airport though.  Yum.  :P

Written By: Jessica on 04/25/08 at 7:16 pm

Wow Jess, I missed that.

I flew into Vhicago from Picksburgh today for a meeting... then back.

Had enuf time to get a Superdawg at Midway airport though.  Yum.  :P

Awww, you should have said something. We live about 6 miles from Midway in Hyde Park.

Good thing you flew back out. We're about to get pummeled by a crapload of storms. I feel sorry for all the emergency workers who have to clean up that mess at the Red Line. :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/25/08 at 7:26 pm

Awww, you should have said something. We live about 6 miles from Midway in Hyde Park.

Good thing you flew back out. We're about to get pummeled by a crapload of storms. I feel sorry for all the emergency workers who have to clean up that mess at the Red Line. :-\\

Hyde Park?  Excellent.  :)

I am a University of Chicago grad.  I partied graduated there in 1994.   :P

Written By: Red Ant on 04/25/08 at 7:28 pm

Damn, that's a very bad way to end a week... 2 dead, 11 seriously injured. Glad you weren't on that stairwell, Jess.

I found this video last week: the double trailer wheels from a semi come off and plow into a man pumping gas. Crazy...

Ant

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/25/08 at 7:35 pm

Damn, that's a very bad way to end a week... 2 dead, 11 seriously injured. Glad you weren't on that stairwell, Jess.

I found this video last week: the double trailer wheels from a semi come off and plow into a man pumping gas. Crazy...

Ant

I bet that left a mark...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/25/08 at 11:20 pm

The driver was distracted, worrying about oscene diesel prices!
:-\\

Written By: Jessica on 04/25/08 at 11:22 pm

Hyde Park?  Excellent.  :)

I am a University of Chicago grad.  I partied graduated there in 1994.   :P

That is where Rice goes, although he's not doing too much partying. ;D

Ant

Yeah, luckily we don't take the Red Line, we just park under it. I think that might change though.... :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/26/08 at 7:06 am

That is where Rice goes, although he's not doing too much partying. ;D

Yeah, the U of C was once ranked dead last in the "USA's Party Schools" survey.  :-\\

Fortunately I am also a grad of Penn State, which usually is ranked as one of the Top 5 Party Schools.  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 04/26/08 at 7:11 am

It says that the driver refused a urinalysis.  I work construction and everyone knows the first thing that happens after an accident is a "piss test".  I guess he can refuse, but a refusal is an automatic suspension.  The driver knows that so I am guessing he was under the influence of something.  This is a sin and a shame.  >:(

Written By: Jessica on 04/26/08 at 8:48 am

Yeah, the U of C was once ranked dead last in the "USA's Party Schools" survey.  :-\\

Fortunately I am also a grad of Penn State, which usually is ranked as one of the Top 5 Party Schools.   ;D

The U of C still doesn't seem like a party school, although when Rice called me from his meeting in Wisconsin last night, he was pretty toasted. ;D

It says that the driver refused a urinalysis.  I work construction and everyone knows the first thing that happens after an accident is a "piss test".  I guess he can refuse, but a refusal is an automatic suspension.  The driver knows that so I am guessing he was under the influence of something.  This is a sin and a shame.   >:(

Yeah, I just caught that right now. It definitely doesn't make him look good. Can't they make him take a urinalysis test if they arrest him? I'm not familiar with the procedures of that.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/26/08 at 12:52 pm

It says that the driver refused a urinalysis.  I work construction and everyone knows the first thing that happens after an accident is a "piss test".  I guess he can refuse, but a refusal is an automatic suspension.  The driver knows that so I am guessing he was under the influence of something.  This is a sin and a shame.   >:(

Yeah, I'll bet he was on the sauce.
::)

Written By: danootaandme on 04/26/08 at 2:49 pm

Yeah, I just caught that right now. It definitely doesn't make him look good. Can't they make him take a urinalysis test if they arrest him? I'm not familiar with the procedures of that.

They can't force you, but it is cause for immediate suspension of his license, and doesn't help his case when it goes to trial.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/27/08 at 10:03 pm

It's where fun goes to die.  And if it were easy, it'd be your mom :P

Stupid truck, messing up the Chinatown...

Written By: Jessica on 04/27/08 at 10:09 pm

It's where fun goes to die.  And if it were easy, it'd be your mom :P

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/splat.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...