inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Miley Cyrus nekked on top

Written By: saver on 04/28/08 at 12:31 am

Here's her side, through a publicist:...on yahoo news...

LOS ANGELES - Miley Cyrus said she's embarrassed by an apparently racy photo spread appearing in the upcoming issue of Vanity Fair.

"I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed. I never intended for any of this to happen and I apologize to my fans who I care so deeply about," Cyrus said Sunday in a statement through her publicist

Apparantly somebody (like 5,000,000 men) didn't see the ART in the shoot either! Who would even permit a 15 year old to pose this way?

Someone doesn't like the teen scene anymore and wants to grow up!

Subject: Re: Miley Cyrus nekked on top

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/28/08 at 2:41 am

Does she show us the goods in those pics? ???

Billy Ray will now no doubt get up on his high horse.  ::)

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/28/08 at 8:35 am

I don't think it has anything to do with her tiring of the "teen scene", I think it has more to do with getting swept up by the hype of having your photo taken by Annie Liebowitz.

Supposedly, both parents were at the shoot and saw the finished product. 

They all deserve to be poked in the eye! 

Written By: saver on 04/28/08 at 9:25 am

Does she show us the goods in those pics? ???

Billy Ray will now no doubt get up on his high horse.   ::)

More is out today and apparently she didn't like the story and I guess Billy knew she was shooting but the story didn't please her..either way 15 in the paying card here...not in this society Annie.go to Europe and do that for art.

Written By: Jessica on 04/28/08 at 9:58 am

Slam me if you want, but the picture was not THAT bad. She was wearing more with that sheet on than I see on some teenagers out in public today. Also, her parents, her grandmother, and her teacher were there, so it wasn't like she did this on the sly.

I do, however, think she should stand up for what she did rather than try to weasel out of it with her statement. It only makes her look dumbth, especially because Vanity Fair put it out there that the pictures were seen and APPROVED by her parents and HERSELF.

Written By: Tia on 04/28/08 at 10:15 am

omg, that picture is so completely harmless. only in america would people freak out over a 15-year-old showing her naked back.  ::) i'm so scandalized!

you want a disturbing picture of miley cyrus?

http://www.seenon.com/image/external/SeenonSlideshow/albums/album-40/lg/MileyCyru_Gregg_14433148_600.jpg/fetch/MileyCyru_Gregg_14433148_600.jpg

THAT's disturbing.  :P i feel like i should be turning myself in to the proper authorities for even allowing my eyeballs to aim momentarily at that picture. i feel guilty and ashamed.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/08 at 2:00 pm

I don't think the pic is that bad either (although I think she looks like a corpse in it)...but why is she complaining NOW? I mean...like others have said...she, her parents...heck, everyone but the flippin' pope was at the photo shoot and saw the finished product (it was a digital shot), and they ALL okayed it. Perhaps if she wanted to continue with the Disney/Hannah Montana image...she should have thought about it BEFORE saying that it was good enough to print. ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/28/08 at 6:41 pm

Slam me if you want, but the picture was not THAT bad. She was wearing more with that sheet on than I see on some teenagers out in public today. Also, her parents, her grandmother, and her teacher were there, so it wasn't like she did this on the sly.

I do, however, think she should stand up for what she did rather than try to weasel out of it with her statement. It only makes her look dumbth, especially because Vanity Fair put it out there that the pictures were seen and APPROVED by her parents and HERSELF.

I agree Jess.  I scoured the web for these pics, to find that they are quite mild.  I mean fercryinoutloud, for all the hubbub you'd think she had done a centerfold spread in Hustler Magazine with a Great Dane.  ::)

The "bare back" picture I think was in good taste.  Admittedly maybe not everybody's cup 'o' tea, but nothing that should cause anybody's bloomers to get in a bunch.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/28/08 at 8:05 pm

Our salt-of-the-earth conservative media pundits get so upset about the hypersexualization of young girls that they devote whole program segments to each case...and show the photos...over and over and over again!

Uh oh....
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_pale.gif

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/08 at 9:29 pm

You know I'm with all of you... based on the clothes the kiddies are wearing now a days I'd say the sheet is pretty conservative.  The most I can say about the photo is that it implies something sexual...having her covered in the sheet in that manner....whatever. as much as people are talking about it I think they got what they wanted out of the photo shoot....

Honestly though. I found that pic of her with Billy Ray far more troublesome... I have never sat with my father like that... it was kind of disturbing to me... what can I say I have a horribly filthy mind anyway... Annie Leb. ain't gonna make it any worse by any stretch of the imagination

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/28/08 at 10:10 pm

Sacrifice in March, corn have plenty starch.

Once again, life imitates South Park.  Go back in time six weeks ago, to season 12, episode 2, "Britney's New Look", available online from the usual sources.

The double-level key to understanding the episode is that just as The Lottery wasn't just a story about a small town, it's that the "Harvest" in Episode 1202 wasn't corn.

This is merely the business model that underlies the Disney/RIAA joint ventures.  You spend years building them up (and selling to the tween market), after puberty hits you spend a couple more years pimping them out (to the college fratboy and sorostitue market), and then you spend years tearing them down, and the millions of dollars that might have wound up in the pockets of the "artist" wind up back into the hands of the publicists, lawyers, agents, and other hangers-on that invested in the rise to stardom in the first place.  After harvest is complete, the cash winds its way through the industry, and ultimately some of it is used as seed corn -- Disney is always happy to chip in a few bucks to fund the rise of the next one.

Today's round of press releases is merely the end of the first stage, and the beginning of the second stage in the next business cycle's Harvest.  She hits 18 at 2013, and will be harvested by 2015 at the latest.  Just in time for the next generation.

Written By: Jessica on 04/28/08 at 10:23 pm

Honestly though. I found that pic of her with Billy Ray far more troublesome... I have never sat with my father like that... it was kind of disturbing to me... what can I say I have a horribly filthy mind anyway... Annie Leb. ain't gonna make it any worse by any stretch of the imagination

DUDE! I just came on here to post about that! ;D I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one sorta ooged out by that picture. It just had that creepy incestuous feel to it. Not only that, but does anyone else think good ol' Papa Achy Breaky Heart is using his daughter to try and revive his career? ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/08 at 10:25 pm

DUDE! I just came on here to post about that! ;D I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one sorta ooged out by that picture. It just had that creepy incestuous feel to it. Not only that, but does anyone else think good ol' Papa Achy Breaky Heart is using his daughter to try and revive his career? ???

ya..they do seem to have an unusually close relationship...always hugging, kissing, hanging onto each other, etc.. I never have (nor would I) have that kind of relationship with my dad. And yes...he would still be a nothing w/o his daughter's fame.

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/08 at 10:28 pm

he is so using his daughter to  restart his career...lets face it.... no one was saying hey Billy Ray we have this great show for you...oh and why don't we let your daughter star in it too... I have a feeling Miley came first and then Billy was thrown in after the fact... 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/28/08 at 10:30 pm

he is so using his daughter to  restart his career...lets face it.... no one was saying hey Billy Ray we have this great show for you...oh and why don't we let your daughter star in it too... I have a feeling Miley came first and then Billy was thrown in after the fact... 

haha..those were probably the stipulations..."Miley can't do it unless I can do it too!" ::)

Written By: Jessica on 04/28/08 at 10:38 pm

Yeah, I'm not all touchy feely like that with my dad. We're close, and I know he loves me, and he'll hug me when he sees me because we don't live in the same space anymore, but that's about it. I don't think I've hung on my dad like that since I was a little girl of three asking for a piggyback ride.

Written By: Marian on 04/29/08 at 2:40 pm

I agree.A lot is actaully covered.if this was in France or Germany,as well as a host of other countries,there would be no issue.Americans have sex on their minds too much.I do see the atristry in the pose.Even if the photographer is a lesbian(have no idea if she is),it would still be artistic.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/29/08 at 6:51 pm

It's all publicity.  America freaks out about kids and sex.  If we didn't, they wouldn't have bothered with the photo shoot.
::)

Written By: saver on 04/29/08 at 7:38 pm

It's all publicity.  America freaks out about kids and sex.   ::)

Yeah, what's all that about? It's not like her daddy would lock her up in a basement for the restof her life and have her kids and.....ooooto real...
I'm going to stick with freaking about kids and sex..... ;)

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/08 at 7:43 pm

Yeah, what's all that about? It's not like her daddy would lock her up in a basement for the restof her life and have her kids and.....ooooto real...
I'm going to stick with freaking about kids and sex..... ;)

lol...you're right in grand scheme of things none of it sounds all that bad....for those not paying attention to the rest of the boards its in reference to this

Check for new replies or respond here...