inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you think that romance reality TV shows will edge out the Talent-reality?

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/29/08 at 5:47 am

With shows like Rock of Love 2 and Flavor of Love 3 dominating the reality TV industry in 2007, do you think the talent-based shows like "Do You Think You Can Dance" and "Idol" from the earlier 2000's will be swept away by the new trend?

Subject: Re: Do you think that romance reality TV shows will edge out the Talent-reality?

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/29/08 at 7:42 am

With shows like Rock of Love 2 and Flavor of Love 3 dominating the reality TV industry in 2007, do you think the talent-based shows like "Do You Think You Can Dance" and "Idol" from the earlier 2000's will be swept away by the new trend?

I don't think so.  You can reach a larger demographic with talent-based shows than you can with the racier content.  I would let my daughter watch a talent show before I let her watch Bret Michaels' chicks swinging from a pole.  ;)

Subject: Re: Do you think that romance reality TV shows will edge out the Talent-reality?

Written By: midnite on 04/29/08 at 6:55 pm

I agree. I would assume that people enjoy watching the train-wrecks on Idol, Dancing, and other reality shows more than wash-up pseudo-celebrities from the 80's.

I just do not understand why all these goofy prime-time game shows are on TV.  Deal-or-no-deal has to be the dumbest show on TV.  Just pick a number.

Written By: woops on 04/30/08 at 12:58 pm

Both cancel each other out  :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/01/08 at 10:14 pm

Both cancel each other out  :D

Amen! I hope the edge each other over the cliff like Wile E. Coyote!

Written By: whistledog on 05/01/08 at 10:17 pm

romance reality shows get old fast.  Guy meets 100 girls.  Guy falls in love with 100 girls, but ends up with one.  It's just like survivor.  Same boring old thing week after week.  If they made a reality show about watching paint dry, i bet that would be an even bigger hit LOL

With talent shows like Idol and America's Got Talent, you always get something new

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/01/08 at 10:31 pm

romance reality shows get old fast.  Guy meets 100 girls.  Guy falls in love with 100 girls, but ends up with one.  It's just like survivor.  Same boring old thing week after week.  If they made a reality show about watching paint dry, i bet that would be an even bigger hit LOL

With talent shows like Idol and America's Got Talent, you always get something new

Love is dead.  All that's left is sophomoric competition and snarky ridicule.  Simon Cowell is the new Eros.
:(

Written By: audkal on 05/02/08 at 8:10 pm

Wasn't it the talent shows that took over the romance shows in the first place (like Temptation Island and such)?

Written By: Marian on 05/03/08 at 1:47 pm

I don't really care who Tila Tequila and New York pair up with.

Written By: midnite on 05/04/08 at 8:18 pm

Tlia Tequila is the worst show.  I watched (like most of America) to see some girl-on-girl hookups (that's all).  She is a fake bisexual just trying to get ratings.  Of course, you knew she was going to end up with a guy.  I believe there is a second season.  She will probably end up with the girl, to try to earn some credibility.

So fake.  And who is she anyways?

MTV and all shows on it are horrible!!!

Written By: midnite on 05/04/08 at 8:20 pm

With the success of 24 and Lost and the remakes of Terminator and Bionic Woman as TV series, I really thought that the next wave of television was going to be epic movie-type shows.  I guess not.

Written By: Marian on 05/07/08 at 2:24 pm

Tlia Tequila is the worst show.  I watched (like most of America) to see some girl-on-girl hookups (that's all).  She is a fake bisexual just trying to get ratings.  Of course, you knew she was going to end up with a guy.  I believe there is a second season.  She will probably end up with the girl, to try to earn some credibility.

So fake.   And who is she anyways?

MTV and all shows on it are horrible!!!

I say she's a nobody.I think she's a real bi,but i don't thaink she;s that hot.maybe if she went by her real name,she wouldn't have to go on tv to find a date!

Check for new replies or respond here...