inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best Music Scenes?

Written By: VegettoVa90 on 05/01/08 at 2:52 pm

British Invasion and Metal all the way  :)

Grunge was also a very good scene, and I like punk and psychedelic too

I have lots of respect for early rock n' roll, but never really got into it (it just sounds WAY too dated)  :-\\

Nothing for the 00's? Well when fat corporate executives are telling you what rock and hip hop are, the mainstream scene just isn't going to be good. On the other hand, this makes for a bustling underground scene for both genres  ;D.

Subject: Re: Best Music Scenes?

Written By: midnite on 05/01/08 at 6:30 pm

Nothing for the 00's? Well when fat corporate executives are telling you what rock and hip hop are, the mainstream scene just isn't going to be good. On the other hand, this makes for a bustling underground scene for both genres  ;D.

Agreed. I turned on the radio today and Diddy's Danity Kane had a song on.  They are so bad, if Diddy's money was not backing them, that song would not be on the radio!!!!

Best music scene depends on the person.  It also depends on their interests. I love all music (except Country and 00's Hip Hop).  For example, in the 90s', I had a passion for 70's music and Eurodance/Trance.  Now its, 80's and Eurodance/Trance.  LOL.

Anyways, of all genres and times, I believe the strongest music came out in the 70's.  There were alot of great bands that stuck around.  Not necessarily Punk and New Wave, but American/British rock such as the Eagles, Elton John, Fleetwood Mac, Billy Joel, Steve Miller, Pink Floyd, Queen, Roxy Music, Styx, Steely Dan.  These are only a few (household) names.   By far, the strongest genre of any time.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/01/08 at 8:22 pm

Late 60s Psychedelic and the British Invasion

Written By: Davester on 05/02/08 at 10:18 am

I think you nailed it right there.  Corporate pap drives a certain kind of music listener underground.  Or, worse yet, corporate executives telling you what alternative is..!

From the poll - 70s punk/new wave.  The richness of the music found left of the dial in the 80s (early 90s) was incredible.  I'm still discovering some of it even today... 

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/02/08 at 7:57 pm

Yeah, I agree with the OP. I love the '80s foremost, with lots of good stuff from the '90s too that I remember firsthand, and the late 1960s had alot of great classics that I got into after the fact. The rest of it I only like peripherally, although I can get into just about any era somewhat, I'm openminded.

From the poll, I'll go with new wave. That's some of the catchiest Eighties music. :)

Written By: Dagwood on 05/02/08 at 8:21 pm

Eighties Metal, thankyouverymuch. :D

Written By: coqueta83 on 05/02/08 at 8:43 pm

I choose all of the 80's and the 60's British invasion.  :)

Written By: LoveAction on 05/02/08 at 8:50 pm

New Wave

Written By: tv on 05/03/08 at 6:48 pm

I would say 90's Alternative was good(1992-1997.)
80's Pop/R&B also could get a vote from me too.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/03/08 at 7:51 pm

It's a tough call for me because I like music from all era's. I guess I would pick '90s alternative first with the '80s "glam metal" scene being a close second.

Written By: Macphisto on 05/04/08 at 2:49 pm

The late 60s rock was awesome.  Early 70s was as well.

The 90s grunge era was cool too.

Personally, I like this decade's techno scene though.

Written By: Brian06 on 05/04/08 at 3:49 pm

I don't have a favorite scene, I am a general music listener and I like most anything that's halfway decent.

Written By: sonikuu on 05/05/08 at 3:06 pm

90s Grunge and Alternative Rock for me.  Though I must admit I do like parts of every single choice listed.

Written By: fusefan on 05/07/08 at 11:29 pm

Late 60's Psychadelic and 80's metal.

Check for new replies or respond here...