inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I made a webpage.

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/10/08 at 3:01 pm

I don't know if I can say this here, but I made a webpage which is a webpage about opinions.

http://mrcleveland.proboards51.com/

What I need is another moderator for this site. I mentioned it to other members that I'm a member of, but I only have 7 members. Any suggestions?

Subject: Re: I made a webpage.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 05/11/08 at 3:31 pm

I don't know if I can say this here, but I made a webpage which is a webpage about opinions.

http://mrcleveland.proboards51.com/

What I need is another moderator for this site. I mentioned it to other members that I'm a member of, but I only have 7 members. Any suggestions?
A webpage about "opinions"? You couldn't narrow your site down to anything more detailed than that??

Sites that don't have a real reason for existing usually do not last very long. Nine sub forums for movies is a bit drastic, especially since its not a film forum and you don't even have enough members posting in the movies section to warrant spinning movie sections into genre categories. Same with music. You don't need six sub forums.

Good luck. I have always hated proboards. The format is terrible. I ran a proboards forum a few years ago. It was a minor success and had a decent amount of traffic, but a corrupt code killed it off. Be careful with adding code to your site, because proboards seems to allow anyone create code for them.Only use codes that have been tested previously.

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/12/08 at 7:34 pm

A webpage about "opinions"? You couldn't narrow your site down to anything more detailed than that??

Sites that don't have a real reason for existing usually do not last very long. Nine sub forums for movies is a bit drastic, especially since its not a film forum and you don't even have enough members posting in the movies section to warrant spinning movie sections into genre categories. Same with music. You don't need six sub forums.

Good luck. I have always hated proboards. The format is terrible. I ran a proboards forum a few years ago. It was a minor success and had a decent amount of traffic, but a corrupt code killed it off. Be careful with adding code to your site, because proboards seems to allow anyone create code for them.Only use codes that have been tested previously.

Do you have a better create-a-page website that may be better than Proboards?

Written By: Red Ant on 05/12/08 at 8:18 pm

Are you the same Paul Warren as on amIright?  8)

Driving up membership for a general site, especially one that appears very similar in purpose and design to this one, is a tall order.

I doubt you'll need another moderator for a while. Captchas kill 99+% of spam, and with a low membership count at the moment I doubt you'll have to edit/remove many posts.

I moderate another board with 50 or so members, and I think I've edited two posts tops in the past six months. Considering the nature of that forum, we've gotten surprisingly little in the way of spam.

A friend of mine built his own board from scratch - I'd not recommend you go that route. It gets a good amount of traffic, but the messageboard part of it contributes the least.

Ant

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/13/08 at 12:01 pm

Are you the same Paul Warren as on amIright?  8)

Driving up membership for a general site, especially one that appears very similar in purpose and design to this one, is a tall order.

I doubt you'll need another moderator for a while. Captchas kill 99+% of spam, and with a low membership count at the moment I doubt you'll have to edit/remove many posts.

I moderate another board with 50 or so members, and I think I've edited two posts tops in the past six months. Considering the nature of that forum, we've gotten surprisingly little in the way of spam.

A friend of mine built his own board from scratch - I'd not recommend you go that route. It gets a good amount of traffic, but the messageboard part of it contributes the least.

Ant

Okay...that's me. :-[

And If I get some help, that would be appreaciative.

Check for new replies or respond here...