inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Brian Eno brings Coldplay together

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/17/08 at 4:29 pm

Coldplay frontman Chris Martin has revealed his band were barely talking to each other before the recording of their latest album.

It took the efforts of producer Brian Eno to force the quartet into reconciliation.

According to The Sun, Chris said: "The place we got to two years ago felt dirty. We weren't speaking."

He explained: "We had to get our own place and then call Brian in. We decided to play in a little room, forget our awards and reviews."

The Violet Hill singer also claims the band's new album, Vida La Vida Or Death And All His Friends, contains big choruses like previous Coldplay albums.

Chris explained: "I'm a big fan of the singalong, so the principle is, 'How many men can chant this at once?' So we've put a few chants in there."

Vida La Vida..., Coldplay's fourth album, is released June 12.

Subject: Re: Brian Eno brings Coldplay together

Written By: whistledog on 05/17/08 at 6:18 pm

They certainly are doing well in Canada.  The song 'Viva La Vida' debuted at #4 and 'Violet Hill' rose from #78 all the way to #6 for it's 2nd week in the chart

Written By: Brian06 on 05/17/08 at 7:47 pm

Both songs released on itunes debuted in the top 40 in the United States, "Viva La Vida" at 15 and "Violet Hill" at 40. I picked up X&Y back in 2005, I'll probably go out and buy the new album when it's released.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/18/08 at 1:31 pm

Brian Eno turned 60 just this week (May 15).

Check for new replies or respond here...