inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fatboy Slim to retire

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/17/08 at 4:30 pm

Norman Cook says he has laid out plans to retire the name Fatboy Slim and will soon DJ under a new identity.

After 12 years and four studio albums, Norman says it's time for Fatboy to be put to rest.

He tells The Sun: "Yes, I am ditching the Fatboy Slim name, but I can't tell you the new one.

"I'm going to take the Fifth Amendment on that question and not say because I'll get myself into trouble."

Although Cook remains quiet about the new moniker, news reports suggest he's the man behind Brighton Port Authority, who had a tune released recently on the soundtrack for fantasy TV show, Heroes.

The track, entitled He's Frank, featured Iggy Pop on vocals and it is rumoured that the BPA album will also feature collaborations with Martha Wainwright and Talking Heads legend David Byrne.

Subject: Re: Fatboy Slim to retire

Written By: whistledog on 05/17/08 at 6:15 pm

Doesn't surprise me at all.  He went from Beats International to Pizzaman to Mighty Dub Kats to Fatboy Slim

Maybe he should join the now defunct Beautiful South and reform the Housemartins?

His first single after leaving The Housemartins was 'Blame it on The Bassline' as Norman Cook featuring MC Wildski.  It later got reworked onto the debut album by Beats International

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/18/08 at 1:37 pm

Doesn't surprise me at all.  He went from Beats International to Pizzaman to Mighty Dub Kats to Fatboy Slim

Maybe he should join the now defunct Beautiful South and reform the Housemartins?

His first single after leaving The Housemartins was 'Blame it on The Bassline' as Norman Cook featuring MC Wildski.  It later got reworked onto the debut album by Beats International

I'd love to see a Housemartins reunion.  I've gotta check out this new tune with Iggy!

Written By: Midas on 05/19/08 at 10:35 am

Thank goodness he's retiring the name only.  Mr. Cook is an awesome music man.

Written By: whistledog on 05/19/08 at 11:39 am

Thank goodness he's retiring the name only.  Mr. Cook is an awesome music man.

He sure is.  I loved his remix of Cornershop's 'Brimful of Asha'. 

Written By: Temptation on 05/21/08 at 5:36 pm

He's awesome. 8)

Check for new replies or respond here...