inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Adult Swim

Written By: Shacks Train on 05/19/08 at 3:54 am

Your Thought on some of the shows!
I liked Harvey Birdman when it originally aired as I grew up watching the 60s version(was the 1st attempt to make a super hero charactor was later revamped to become Space Ghost!)
Morel Orel to me is a good one because of Davey & Goliath (it was the only thing on at its time slot so a lot of kids were forced to watch it)
But Minoriteam is a fresh start & has its moments
I didn't include Family Guy as well you can't top that one!
Aqua Team Hungerforce is no longer shown in Canada!?! - Yes we Canadians are very grateful for satellite & cable TV as we don't have to watch just CBC anymore (Canadian Boring Corporation)
Heres one of My Favorite Birdmans
Harvey Birdman - The Dabba Don.avi
http://www.zshare.net/video/1224470495f73bb3/

Subject: Re: Adult Swim

Written By: dmfan420 on 05/19/08 at 12:34 pm

I don't know about Canada, but here, South Park is not part of Adult Swim. It airs on Comedy Central.

PS - I voted Robot Chicken

Written By: VegettoVa90 on 05/19/08 at 2:39 pm

I don't know about Canada, but here, South Park is not part of Adult Swim. It airs on Comedy Central.

PS - I voted Robot Chicken

Yeah, South Park is definitely a Comedy Central thing. You also missed a lot of other good shows, so if I were you, I'd edit this poll to include Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Boondocks, Venture Bros., Family Guy, American Dad, Metalocalypse, Sealab 2021, Xavier: Renegade Angel, and Saul of the Molemen. But, from the choices, my pick has to be Robot Chicken  :).

Written By: dmfan420 on 05/19/08 at 4:30 pm

Don't forget

Assy McGee & Oblongs  :)

Written By: woops on 05/19/08 at 9:25 pm

"Robot Chicken" and "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" are sometimes good

"The Boondocks" and "Harvey Birdman" are probably the best

"South Park", though in Comedy Central in the US, is a good show... though the earlier seasons are better. Same with "Family Guy".

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/19/08 at 10:01 pm

None of the Above.

My favorite is The Oblongs. I recently bought the series on DVD. It's a shame that it didn't last longer though. :-\\

Written By: Shacks Train on 05/19/08 at 10:08 pm

Yeah, South Park is definitely a Comedy Central thing. You also missed a lot of other good shows, so if I were you, I'd edit this poll to include Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Boondocks, Venture Bros., Family Guy, American Dad, Metalocalypse, Sealab 2021, Xavier: Renegade Angel, and Saul of the Molemen. But, from the choices, my pick has to be Robot Chicken  :).

We get Teletoon & Comedy Network...On the internet if we go to "Comedy Central" we can't view any shows as every country outside USA is not allowed to watch???Must have something to do with server usage!
I watch Assey Mcgee but with only 4 boxes in the pole thats all I could post up there!
Auqa Teen Isn't show here anymore!....But I LMAO at the "alien antena episode where Carl's nosebleed had him knee deep!.I found with the cartoons of the 70s they were flat & placid compared to the 50s early 60s & not much interested me in the 80s...I Liked Mission Hill but their budgets were too steep a price to produce a single episode (hand painted cell animation - last of its kind)
Sealab 2021 is alright but its shown 1 nite per week where Robot Chicken , Morel orel & Frisky Dingo are every nite!.Where can I buy a "Keyboard Antfarm?"
At least the 2000s have some good writers and vivid imaginations!
Its come a long way from Captian Kangaroo! ;D

Written By: Dukefan on 05/21/08 at 7:33 pm

Squidbillies is my favorite Adult Swim series.  Venture Brothers, Boondocks, Aqua Teen, Tim and Eric, Home Movies, Metalocalypse, and Saul of the Molemen are great too. 

Out of the ones above (minus South Park) I voted for Harvey Birdman.

Written By: Big Nasty on 05/29/08 at 7:39 pm

Call me sick or call me a weirdo but I really like Drawn Together, I realize it is not an Adult Swim show.

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/29/08 at 9:16 pm

Every time I'm in the Great White North, I make sure to stay up for Tripping the Rift

Arguably the most tasteless cartoon ever broadcast to a mass market.  It makes South Park look like the Teletubbies, and the characters make the gang from ATHF look like Care Bears in comparison.  Love it, love it, love it.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/30/08 at 12:44 am

I still like "Family Guy" (1999-2002 era episodes mostly though), "Robot Chicken" and "Harvey Birdman" are also favorites.

I used to watch AS all the time when it first came out, but I've started to get a bit burnt out with it lately.

Written By: Connery on 05/30/08 at 12:49 am

Space Ghost Mission Hill Oblongs Birdman Sealab Robot Chicken are great.

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/30/08 at 9:07 am

I'm angry at the message boards right now.

Some guy on there has been threatening me, and I can't take anymore of this sheesh.

At least here...especially in the R&P board, we only argue about opinions. My opinions may be different, but...

Written By: Dukefan on 06/20/08 at 7:00 pm

Every time I'm in the Great White North, I make sure to stay up for Tripping the Rift

Arguably the most tasteless cartoon ever broadcast to a mass market.  It makes South Park look like the Teletubbies, and the characters make the gang from ATHF look like Care Bears in comparison.  Love it, love it, love it.

For a while Tripping the Rift aired on the Sci-Fi Channel here in the US, I don't believe it does anymore though.   I absolutely loved what I saw of it during the brief time it was on.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/21/08 at 12:39 pm

None of the Above.

My favorite is The Oblongs. I recently bought the series on DVD. It's a shame that it didn't last longer though. :-\\

I loved the Oblongs! One of the few cartoons to deal with class issues!
:P

"Home Movies" with Paula Poundstone was awesome too.

I voted for Robot Chicken, which is by far the best!

Check for new replies or respond here...