inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Regis to host Million Dollar Password

Written By: whistledog on 05/19/08 at 11:54 am

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/million_dollar_password/

Can you believe it?  They brought back Password :o  I just hope it won't have changed too much from the original, but given that it's a Million Dollar version, I think I already know the answer lol

IMO, the best ever version was the Bert Convy hosted 'Super Password' which ran from 1984-1989.  Often at times, Convy would accidentally give away the password and screw up the game for everyone ;D

Subject: Re: Regis to host Million Dollar Password

Written By: ninny on 05/19/08 at 11:55 am

Can you believe it?  They brought back Password :o  I just hope it won't have changed too much from the original, but given that it's a Million Dollar version, I think I already know the answer lol

IMO, the best ever version was the Bert Convy hosted 'Super Password' which ran from 1984-1989.  Often at times, Convy would accidentally give away the password and screw up the game for everyone ;D

I use to love watching that with Allen Ludden :)

Written By: nally on 05/27/08 at 4:47 pm

I've seen some previews for it... I wonder if it'll be any good.

Yeah, there were some classic flubs from that show! :D

"Uh...Ken. Roll."
"hmm....cloth. (pause) Oops! I said it! That's got to be the first time that's ever happened!!" ;D :D

Written By: snozberries on 07/08/08 at 2:28 am

Rosie O'Donnell totally rocked her episode. If were to go on the show she'd have to be one of the celebs!!!

Written By: pimpag on 07/08/08 at 5:57 am

I have no idea who this is... I thought it was computer related at first (in the music section *rolls eyes* haha... YouTube will help!

Written By: snozberries on 07/09/08 at 12:16 am

I have no idea who this is... I thought it was computer related at first (in the music section *rolls eyes* haha... YouTube will help!

Regis Philbin.... tv "icon" in the US.  he's been on TV for 50 years or something and has logged more air time on tv than anyone in TV history.  He hosts his own talk show with Kelly Ripa (formerly of All My Children fame & the sit com Hope & Faith)  He hosted Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. He hosted America's Got Talent in season one. And now the new version of Password.

Written By: pimpag on 07/09/08 at 8:06 am

Regis Philbin.... tv "icon" in the US.  he's been on TV for 50 years or something and has logged more air time on tv than anyone in TV history.  He hosts his own talk show with Kelly Ripa (formerly of All My Children fame & the sit com Hope & Faith)  He hosted Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. He hosted America's Got Talent in season one. And now the new version of Password.

Ohhh right, thanks for explaining - i feel less oblivious now :D!

Written By: snozberries on 07/09/08 at 9:23 pm

Ohhh right, thanks for explaining - i feel less oblivious now :D!

no problem

Check for new replies or respond here...