inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If you (correctly) think American Idol stinks, check out Eurovision

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/22/08 at 7:46 am

From Wikipedia

The Eurovision Song Contest (French: Concours Eurovision de la Chanson) is an annual competition held among active member countries of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU).

Each member country submits a song to be performed on live television and then casts votes for the other countries' songs to determine the most popular song in the competition. Each country participates via one of their national EBU-member television stations, whose task it is to select a singer and a song to represent their country in the international competition.

Here's a sample of an entry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74mBEXL9UgM

Of course I should point out, that while it's an official Eurovision entry, it's also a parody Wiki.  Still, it did receive over half the vote.

For more Eurovision entries, check out their YouTube channel and prepare to cringe.

Subject: Re: If you (correctly) think American Idol stinks, check out Eurovision

Written By: karen on 05/22/08 at 9:01 am

I think Eurovision falls under the 'so bad it's good' category personally.  I used to love watching it.  Although recently I found Terry Wogan's commentary a little too annoying.

Check for new replies or respond here...