inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Scarlett Johansson's new album sold fewer copies than Kevin Federline's album

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/30/08 at 10:21 am

Of course we're talking about 5,100 copies vs 6000 copies, so not exactly huge numbers either way.  David Bowie for some reason contributed two tracks to the Johansson album of Tom Waits covers.  No idea why record companies bother to record these vanity pieces by actors and actresses, they must know they aren't going to move many copies.

Full story at AV Club

amiright.com

Subject: Re: Scarlett Johansson's new album sold fewer copies than Kevin Federline's album

Written By: Macphisto on 06/02/08 at 9:47 pm

I only have one thing to say to this...  "Papazao!"

Subject: Re: Scarlett Johansson's new album sold fewer copies than Kevin Federline's albu

Written By: Echo Nomad on 06/10/08 at 1:18 pm

Just another Jennifer Love Hewitt wannabee :D ;D

Subject: Re: Scarlett Johansson's new album sold fewer copies than Kevin Federline's album

Written By: woops on 06/14/08 at 4:20 pm

She's a better actress, though the music isn't my ball o' wax.

Though she's not a good singer either and even if it's more pop/R&B (ie Fergie, Natasha Bedingfield), the songs would be horrible

Subject: Re: Scarlett Johansson's new album sold fewer copies than Kevin Federline's albu

Written By: Tia on 06/14/08 at 4:36 pm

i'm listening to the scarlet johanssohn (i cant be bothered to spell it) album right now, the amazon samples. it seems rather bad.

i actually like scarlet johannsohn, but man, not a musician by any stretch.

Written By: whistledog on 06/14/08 at 8:45 pm

Those people who bought her album, were probably lonely horny men who just wanted to pin the album jacket to their shower walls or somethign creepy like that.  I hardly doubt they bought it for her vocal abilities

She has a dark raspy voice like Kathleen Turner.  Close you eyes, you'd swear she was a man, but to look at her, damn .. she is one sexy woman!

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/14/08 at 8:52 pm

Those people who bought her album, were probably lonely horny men who just wanted to pin the album jacket to their shower walls or somethign creepy like that.  I hardly doubt they bought it for her vocal abilities

She has a dark raspy voice like Kathleen Turner.  Close you eyes, you'd swear she was a man, but to look at her, damn .. she is one sexy woman!

it worked for Joey Heatherton

Written By: KKay on 06/27/08 at 11:15 am

i'm listening to the scarlet johanssohn (i cant be bothered to spell it) album right now, the amazon samples. it seems rather bad.

i actually like scarlet johannsohn, but man, not a musician by any stretch.

when we first started talking about it, i could not get taht rotten 'falling down' out of my head.  it was bad, but the music was haunting.
then i heard the whole thing.
it's repetitve and kinda 80s.  if i were 13 and it were 1985 i wuold loooove it.

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 07/06/08 at 8:32 am

Not exactly a surprise. She's a reasonably talented actress, but singing...

Written By: nally on 08/10/08 at 10:31 pm

Not exactly a surprise. She's a reasonably talented actress, but singing...

Gotta agree with that..

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/12/08 at 5:03 pm

Neither in my opinion can sing.  Scarlett should stick to what she does best acting.  Kevin needs to stick to what he does best acting like a dweeb.

Written By: whistledog on 08/12/08 at 9:59 pm

Just add her to the long list of actors/actresses who failed at a singing career, like Philip Michael Thonas LOL

She probably thought her album would sell massive.  Heck, if Minnie Driver, Nicole Kidman, Kate Winslet and Catherine Zeta-Jones can have hits, then why not Scarlett?

Written By: woops on 08/13/08 at 4:50 pm

The only thing I don't get is reading several reviews on Amazon that stated that her music sounds "80's". When I think of '80's in general, I tend to think Madonna-esque pop and new wave, which doesn't describe her music.

Then again, I'm too mainstream and don't know much about Tom Waitts besides that he has a raspy voice...  ::)

Written By: nally on 08/20/08 at 6:56 pm

I just happened to listen to the title track from her album today on MusicChoice. She should stick to acting, if you ask me.

Check for new replies or respond here...