inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fire raging at Universal Studios

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/01/08 at 9:04 am

A large fire is burning at Universal Studios in Los Angeles, California.

The blaze was reported before dawn on Sunday on a sound stage at the film studios, Los Angeles fire captain Frank Reynoso told AP news agency.

About 100 city and county firefighters are helping studio staff tackle the flames, which have caused at least one explosion, he said.

No injuries have been reported at the 230-acre site, which saw filming for such films as Jurassic Park and ET.

Helicopters have been dropping water on to the burning structures and television pictures showed flames leaping into the air as a thick cloud of smoke covered the world-famous site.

Behind-the-scenes tours of the studios are a long-established tradition still popular with visitors today.

Subject: Re: Fire raging at Universal Studios

Written By: ninny on 06/01/08 at 10:26 am

Wow that sucks

http://www.reuters.com/resources/r/?m=02&d=20080601&t=2&i=4599322&w=192&r=2008-

Written By: Marian on 06/01/08 at 4:01 pm

I've been there.

Written By: coqueta83 on 06/01/08 at 7:42 pm

I saw some of those sets many years ago at Universal Studios. I hope nobody got hurt.  :(  :\'(

Written By: thewolrab on 06/02/08 at 12:35 am

Hopefully everything is okay... I was there a little over a month ago when I was on vacation.

Check for new replies or respond here...