inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tomato scare..McDonalds and others cautious.......Fine, but....

Written By: saver on 06/09/08 at 2:22 pm

Here we can 'get back' at the fast food places knockingoff using tomatos on the food: ASK FOR 25cents off!

Whenever you WANT tomatoes they give you 'the business' with 'Those extras cost pal,'...so now that they won't give any on the sandwich, it's OUR turn to say..NO TOMATOE 25 CENTS OFF!  Give and take conglomerates!

TRY IT SEE WHAT THEY DO!

Subject: Re: Tomato scare..McDonalds and others cautious.......Fine, but....

Written By: whistledog on 06/09/08 at 3:31 pm

I hate Tomatoes, so it doesn't affect me none LOL

All the fast food places around here have signs on their windows saying no tomatoes

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/09/08 at 9:32 pm

I hate them too...when I used to get fast food..I would pick them off and toss them. ;D

Written By: saver on 06/09/08 at 10:18 pm

Like them or not, you're still being made to pay for them....

Before it makes it to late night chat shows:

The U.S. Health Dept. is upset with this tomato-salmonella scare caused possibly by tomatoes from Mexico ..not that it's worried people will get sick, but,... that it's taking the salmonella disease away from American tomatoes! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: whistledog on 06/09/08 at 10:20 pm

I hate them too...when I used to get fast food..I would pick them off and toss them. ;D

I do that too.  With most places, if you ask them to leave off the tomato, they give you extra tomatoes and take something else off that you didn't want taken off lol

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/09/08 at 10:36 pm

I do that too.  With most places, if you ask them to leave off the tomato, they give you extra tomatoes and take something else off that you didn't want taken off lol

Oh, and I detest when there are tomato seeds on the inside of the bun. Ew. 8-P

Written By: whistledog on 06/09/08 at 10:39 pm

Oh, and I detest when there are tomato seeds on the inside of the bun. Ew. 8-P

I hate that too, cause you also get some left over juice from the tomato and it makes the bun all soggy and gross. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/09/08 at 10:43 pm

I hate that too, cause you also get some left over juice from the tomato and it makes the bun all soggy and gross. 

Ugh..that is so gross. I also hate when places put those horrible strong tasting onions on the sandwich. I don't mind onions..but the ones that literally curl your hair...those are nasty! ;D

Written By: Gis on 06/10/08 at 3:03 am

I hadn't heard this story. I LOVE tomatoes I eat many, many tomatoes every day, infact I don't think I could exist without them!

Written By: gibbo on 06/10/08 at 4:44 am

I hadn't heard this story. I LOVE tomatoes I eat many, many tomatoes every day, infact I don't think I could exist without them!

I too love tomatoes on my burgers and with salads.........I will leave beetroot off though as it is impossible to eat without a big mess....

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/10/08 at 9:07 pm

http://spyhunter007.com/Images/attack_of_the_killer_tomatoes.jpg

TRY IT SEE WHAT THEY DO!

They'll beat you, bash you, squish you, mash you, chew you up for brunch!
Then finish you off -- for dinner or lunch!

Written By: saver on 06/11/08 at 12:25 am

http://spyhunter007.com/Images/attack_of_the_killer_tomatoes.jpg

They'll beat you, bash you, squish you, mash you, chew you up for brunch!
Then finish you off -- for dinner or lunch!

If Pluto is a dog,....then goofy is..... a dog! Yes, definitely a dog....tomato is .....'a fruit'...yeah, don't forget it, definitely a fruit!
                                                                                                                                        -(quote from :STAND BY YOUR KETCHUP) 8)

Written By: Gis on 06/11/08 at 1:24 am

Ok I've been thinking about this and surely the only way you can possibly get salmonella off a tomato is if it hasn't been washed before use. Therefore shouldn't the restaurants be having their asses sued off for poor food preparation?

We had a similar thing in the U.K a few years ago with lettuce ,also from Mexico. Turns out the were using untreated sewage to water/manure the fields.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/11/08 at 3:37 am

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/mcdonalds.gif

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/11/08 at 8:39 am

Me too.  I'm going to suffer all because of some sickness. :\'(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/12/08 at 8:26 pm

I only go there through the drivethrough late at night when there's nothing else open.  Chicken McNuggets, I love the little buggars; I just don't think about how they became McNuggets and got to me.  Too bad they never had Pork McNuggets, that woulda hit the spot some nights!
:D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/12/08 at 9:10 pm

I only go there through the drivethrough late at night when there's nothing else open.  Chicken McNuggets, I love the little buggars; I just don't think about how they became McNuggets and got to me.  Too bad they never had Pork McNuggets, that woulda hit the spot some nights!
There's a 24-hour McDonalds drive thru about 1/2 mile away from me, it's kind of handy after a night out.

Max: Ranch, BBQ or sweet and sour?

(I like the ranch myself.)

Written By: saver on 06/12/08 at 11:09 pm

Watch out LEMONS ARE NEXT!

Consumer reporter went to test lemons at  NJ restaurants Alpplebees,TGIF's, and Chile's...found fecal matter residue on the skins..which are usually placed in the glass with the tea or water you ask for.
Hidden camera reminds you that the handler of the lemons is also holding the cash in the hands used to put lemons in dish..suggested they comply with health dept. and use gloves and stop touching!

Written By: saver on 06/21/08 at 8:10 pm

Nice PR move for McDonalds..'WE ARE REMOVING TOMATOES FROM OUR SANDWICHES

From my menu memory, I thought ONLY the 'BIG AND TASTY' sandwich came with tomato?(and salads used safe ones).

Written By: greenjello74 on 06/21/08 at 8:20 pm

Nice PR move for McDonalds..'WE ARE REMOVING TOMATOES FROM OUR SANDWICHES

From my menu memory, I thought ONLY the 'BIG AND TASTY' sandwich came with tomato?(and salads used safe ones).

Mc Donalds and big and tasty now theres an oxymoron for you. 8-P

Written By: wildcard on 06/21/08 at 8:30 pm

Mc Donalds and big and tasty now theres an oxymoron for you. 8-P

I've always called it Big and Nasty.  I'll have chicken at Mc D's but thats about it

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/21/08 at 8:37 pm

Oddly enough, their advertising works (McDonalds, I mean) because even though I know how my stomach gets after eating a Big Mac, I still get a stupid craving for one, especially when they show them late at night and because it's the anniversary of the Big Mac, they are charging 49 cents for the second (!!!) Big Mac when you buy one Big Mac meal.  Those sandwiches are like some 800 calories, even at a bargin 49 cents I think I'll have to pass on getting two.  ;D

How's that  ^ for a run-on sentence.  :D

Written By: greenjello74 on 06/21/08 at 8:42 pm

Oddly enough, their advertising works (McDonalds, I mean) because even though I know how my stomach gets after eating a Big Mac, I still get a stupid craving for one, especially when they show them late at night and because it's the anniversary of the Big Mac, they are charging 49 cents for the second (!!!) Big Mac when you buy one Big Mac meal.  Those sandwiches are like some 800 calories, even at a bargin 49 cents I think I'll have to pass on getting two.  ;D

How's that  ^ for a run-on sentence.  :D

I think they lace it with some addictive substance like crack ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/23/08 at 2:08 am

Those fastfood tomatoes have less flavor than the iceberg lettuce.  I make sure they don't end up in my sandwich. 

Who is this guy Sal Manilla anyway?  I think he ran a subshop back home!

Maybe it would help if they didn't get imported tomatoes grown human waste!

Written By: greenjello74 on 06/28/08 at 7:27 pm

Those fastfood tomatoes have less flavor than the iceberg lettuce.  I make sure they don't end up in my sandwich. 

Who is this guy Sal Manilla anyway?  I think he ran a subshop back home!  Wasn't he an actor in the 50s'? ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/29/08 at 12:54 pm

Who is this guy Sal Manilla anyway?  I think he ran a subshop back home!

That's because they buy from people who don't know how to grow them.

You have the option of going to a farmers market and buying ones that are grown in cow or horse waste.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/29/08 at 2:23 pm

So now they are not even sure it's tomatoes that are causing the Salmonella outbreak...

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_9724977?source=rss

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/30/08 at 1:11 am

There's a 24-hour McDonalds drive thru about 1/2 mile away from me, it's kind of handy after a night out.

Max: Ranch, BBQ or sweet and sour?

(I like the ranch myself.)

Sweet and Sour! The Ranch always tasted like old tires smell when they're on fire. 

If you're hitting up the 24-hour McD's drive-through more than once a week, check your lugnuts; something ain't goin' right in yer life.  I can attest!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/poke2.gif

Written By: Gis on 06/30/08 at 1:16 am

As far as I know this hasn't spread anywhere else in the world, so wouldn't that make you suspect a U.S contamination as the article Patty posted suggests?

Written By: Davester on 06/30/08 at 1:17 am

If you knew what went into their two all-beef patties you'd be scared too...

Any cross contamination has to be from all the bald McNugget chickens...

Written By: STUCKONYOU on 07/03/08 at 12:44 pm

lmao i dont eat tomatoes so works for me  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...