inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jimi Hendrix statue desecrated with a Guitar Hero controller

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/11/08 at 10:11 am

To celebrate the fact that there will be two Guitar Hero performances on the main stage at this year’s Isle of Wight Festival, Activision has re-branded the bronze statue of Hendrix that sits in the grounds of the island’s Dimbola Lodge, turning Jimi’s guitar into the aforementioned video game peripheral.

Sounds less like celebration and more like cashing in.  Probably a bigger insult than seeing Fred Astaire dancing with a vacuum cleaner in an advertisement.  It would be one thing if it was a Photoshop contest or a prank by those whimsical MIT hackers, but this just smacks of advertising and seems cheap and tacky as a result.

Full Story at Music Radar

amiright.com

Subject: Re: Jimi Hendrix statue desecrated with a Guitar Hero controller

Written By: Tia on 06/11/08 at 10:21 am

i like this from the comments, which, though there are only four, are completely negative.

"I don't see the Majority changing the world anytime soon. They never had and they never will. The minority is who changes the world. The majority just go around their lives not knowing what's going on and caring about their bussiness like cattle. Following guess who? Those very few who change the world. That's right, the minority.
Guitar Hero has its uses as a social tool, but mostly is just food for cattle."

hendrix would never have gotten out of the sports bars if he were playing today. no way such a challenging personality would ever get a record contract.

""I'm the one who's gonna die when it's time for me to die. So let me live my life the way I want to."

Check for new replies or respond here...