inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Only Mtv would bleep a video like this one... Denis Leary's "Asshole"

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/11/08 at 10:35 am

The word asshole is somehow not vulgar enough to be bleeped out, but the words God-damned and piss are?  I could see bleeping the f-word, since it's considered the all might mother of all swear words, but if you're going to air a song where a vulgar word is the title and repeated throughout, you might as well go all out.

Video on YouTube

amiright.com

Subject: Re: Only Mtv would bleep a video like this one... Denis Leary's "Asshole"

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/11/08 at 12:43 pm

Well, it's only a body part, right?  ;D

Frankly, I never saw this on MTV, as old as the song is at this point.

Subject: Re: Only Mtv would bleep a video like this one... Denis Leary's "Asshole"

Written By: greenjello74 on 07/09/08 at 6:24 am

I call it empty tv anyway, they never have anything good on anymore.

Written By: A Perfect Stranger on 08/31/08 at 1:32 pm

The first time I saw this was on "Comedy Central" and instead of bleeping out the little rant about "John Wayne" they changed some of the words.  Lol, it's funny when a guys mouth is obviously making the motions to say something completely different than what you actually hear.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/14/08 at 6:10 pm

Here's the original version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzoPTtTfcrA

Written By: Captainfancypants on 11/21/08 at 1:46 am

Hard to understand that this word is bleeped out, yet 13 year old girls in very little clothes dancing suggestively, and (usually) rappers talking about the poor treatment of wife's, girlfriends, law enforcement (death, rape etc) apparently this is OK!  And worse of all, it is on EVERY weekend ad nauseum, the same songs over and over and over  >:(
Sorry, rant over!
Me no understand!

Check for new replies or respond here...