inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Oklahoman thinks hand or foot should be cut off of burglar...

Written By: saver on 06/11/08 at 5:57 pm

I may go along with him on this...justice, sure why not..Oh we have laws? What law stops people from forever stealing or violating anothers property ....

Let's try it and then decide later...

Subject: Re: Oklahoman thinks hand or foot should be cut off of burglar...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/11/08 at 10:39 pm

I may go along with him on this...justice, sure why not..Oh we have laws? What law stops people from forever stealing or violating anothers property ....

Your subject line is a tortured oxymoron: Oklahoman thinks.
:D

Written By: saver on 06/12/08 at 12:07 am

Your subject line is a tortured oxymoron: Oklahoman thinks.

Bottomline, someone wants to 'steal', let them risk the loss of a body part...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/12/08 at 12:28 am

Your subject line is STILL a tortured oxymoron: Oklahoman thinks.

Written By: saver on 06/12/08 at 1:07 am

Your subject line is STILL a tortured oxymoron: Oklahoman thinks.

They may be downwind from Arkansas and get the residual effect....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/12/08 at 8:33 pm

We're downwind from Yahoo State College!
:P

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/12/08 at 8:40 pm

I wonder if he is Muslim, I think that is what the koran believes also, and a second offense of the same type (burglery) punishment is death.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/12/08 at 8:54 pm

I wonder if he is Muslim, I think that is what the koran believes also, and a second offense of the same type (burglery) punishment is death.

I wonder if he has a Life to go with that Saver.
;)

Written By: saver on 06/12/08 at 11:19 pm

I wonder if he has a Life to go with that Saver.
;)

Let me get directions and I'll send the street urchins of society to your world and I'd enjoy watching the reaction...we'd have a new headquarter for 'REHAB R US' moved from the current Berkley location!

Written By: Mushroom on 06/13/08 at 2:42 pm

I can't remember the name, but there is a long-standing legend about Qin Shi Huang, one of the ancient Emperors of China.

According to the legend, seeing how effective execution was in keeping his empire in order, he started to make all crimes punishable by death.  No matter how minor.

During this time, 3 soldiers were returning to their post after a night of drinking.  Realizing that they were late, one of them turned to the others and asked "What is the punishment for being late?"

"Execution" replied the second soldier.

"And what is the punishment for treason?" he then asked.

"Execution" replied the third.

"Well, how about that" the first soldier said.  "How about a revolution then?"

Now I do advocate capital punishment.  But I feel it should only be used in the cases of grevious murder.  Not simple theft, vandalism, or anything else.  And anybody that supports something like that is in my mind barbaric.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/13/08 at 3:01 pm

They do it in Saudi Arabia.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/13/08 at 5:46 pm

Theives get their hand cut off.

Trespassers get their foot cut off.

Peeping Toms get their eyes gouged out.

Blasphemers get their tongues cut out.

Rapists get... well.. you can sorta figure that one out.

I believe this is the ancient "Hammarubi's Law" ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/13/08 at 5:57 pm

I can't remember the name, but there is a long-standing legend about Qin Shi Huang, one of the ancient Emperors of China.

According to the legend, seeing how effective execution was in keeping his empire in order, he started to make all crimes punishable by death.  No matter how minor.

During this time, 3 soldiers were returning to their post after a night of drinking.  Realizing that they were late, one of them turned to the others and asked "What is the punishment for being late?"

Karma +1 for an illustrative anectdote!

Written By: saver on 06/13/08 at 7:33 pm

What comes to mind is what I learned at a young age-as to 'violations against society or our fellow man'- from if lying(getting soap in the mouth), hitting someone-letting them hit back, didn't read that in a BIBLE and it worked for me and those I also knew who had it done

...so the message to hold in mind:
If you don't plan on doing a violation, there's nothing to worry about and you can sleep well at night..IF you do feel you may have a tendency to slip with a 'mistake', get help to correct/satisfy  the fear..we should all live happily ever after.not worry who's gonna take our possessions,cause us harm, or cheat us for personal gain. Being late for work,drunkeness,
and forgetfulness(forgetting to pay for something)..is far from what I call violations against the human race. The ultimate -murder- should called the GAME OVER. 

Written By: Mushroom on 06/14/08 at 12:07 am

If you don't plan on doing a violation, there's nothing to worry about and you can sleep well at night..IF you do feel you may have a tendency to slip with a 'mistake', get help to correct/satisfy  the fear..we should all live happily ever after.not worry who's gonna take our possessions,cause us harm, or cheat us for personal gain. Being late for work,drunkeness,
and forgetfulness(forgetting to pay for something)..is far from what I call violations against the human race. The ultimate -murder- should called the GAME OVER. 

I am very much a "Law And Order" type of person.  And I have little pity for criminals.  If you break the law, you pay the price.  And if you knowingly take the life of another, then you must pay the "ultimate price".

But maiming somebody as punishment is simply not right.  Just throw them in jail for 25+ years.  If nothing else, they are removed from society, so will harm nobody other then other criminals.

And if they break the law again, LWOP.  4 strikers have proven that they are unable to live in "civilized society", and should be removed from it permanently for the protection of the citizens of this nation.

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/14/08 at 12:14 am

I am very much a "Law And Order" type of person.  And I have little pity for criminals.  If you break the law, you pay the price.  And if you knowingly take the life of another, then you must pay the "ultimate price".

But maiming somebody as punishment is simply not right.  Just throw them in jail for 25+ years.  If nothing else, they are removed from society, so will harm nobody other then other criminals.

And if they break the law again, LWOP.  4 strikers have proven that they are unable to live in "civilized society", and should be removed from it permanently for the protection of the citizens of this nation.

Karmal to you mushroom.

Yes I know theivery is bad and made out to be even worse when it happens to us personally but the loss of a body part. isn't that a little harsh guys. There are murderers who don't even get the death penalty sometimes not even life in jail, but ist is ok for a thief gets his hand cut of for stealing something when there is a 90% chance that the stolen object can e purchased just like knew at your local department store.

Sorry but the loss of a limb is too much. i am already against the death penalty I mean when we do that what are we doing but turning ourselves into murderers. It just doesnt make since to me.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/14/08 at 12:34 am

Karmal to you mushroom.

Yes I know theivery is bad and made out to be even worse when it happens to us personally but the loss of a body part. isn't that a little harsh guys. There are murderers who don't even get the death penalty sometimes not even life in jail, but ist is ok for a thief gets his hand cut of for stealing something when there is a 90% chance that the stolen object can e purchased just like knew at your local department store.

Sorry but the loss of a limb is too much. i am already against the death penalty I mean when we do that what are we doing but turning ourselves into murderers. It just doesnt make since to me.

I think that's a bit harsh because we have to let loose murders, burglars, and r-r-r-rapists of all varieties because we had to lock up the the pot dealers and the crazies in the prison because we never want to attack the root cause; we just wanna shake our fists at the offenders!

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/14/08 at 10:37 am

I think that's a bit harsh because we have to let loose murders, burglars, and r-r-r-rapists of all varieties because we had to lock up the the pot dealers and the crazies in the prison because we never want to attack the root cause; we just wanna shake our fists at the offenders!

If they maybe sent some people, other than celebreties, to rehab and built bigger prisons it wouldnt be a problem. maybe it is the drug addicts they should release and not the murderers, rapists, etc. etc.

What they should do is initiate a nation wide drug search and start to look at everything that goes in and out of the country. they already do that sometimes but they need to make it an all the time thing and they need to do a better job

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/14/08 at 11:58 am

Are you in favor of executing a mentally retarded person?  You seem to be looking at this as if every person is able to comprehend cause and effect.  Since you are a Law and Order type of person you'd realize justice is not easy to obtain.

So, if you throw all criminals together wouldn't they feed off of each others personality?  Put a person in a closed room with a bunch of Schizophrenics after a few day the person will act like people in their environment.  If you want to make the ultimate criminal, that's how you do it.  Newgate Prison in England was famous for that.

Written By: saver on 06/14/08 at 2:23 pm

Unless we need to look at -what would be more effective?-
(When we have to build more prisons, isn't that saying, we have so many lawbreakers out there?-In the news, communities are screaming for money to go to support the education system of thier towns but the money goes to build prisons.)

It's always brought up that byputting less offenders in jail, they become more violent from being around others in the prison, so if you came across someone who told you they don't have a hand because they were caught stealing and it was lopped off, doesn't it hit a lot harder?

How about those days of keeping people in dungeons, what do you think their recidivism rate was?

Just saying there has to be a more effective way for reform and no one has introduced it yet.(Agreed,murderers getting relased,etc) 

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/14/08 at 9:29 pm

Hypothetically....

Say there is a child and he/she is at a daycare. Lets say this child is a he and his name is bob. Bob is enjoying his first day of daycare and he finds a toy that he really really likes. so when it is time to go bob , who doesn't know much better, sneaks the toy from the day care. Now when a kid does something wrong parents tend to tell them that little boys and girls who do bad things go to hell or jail, and to demonstrate or put a stronger effect on it they send the kid into his/her room so as to make this seem like a temporary prison to them. Well with this new "hand/leg cutting law in placewho nows how far it will be taken. So bobs parents realize that bob has taken this toy from the day care and the parents try to frighten bob by telling him that thieves get there hands cut off. Well now lets say the want to make a stronger emphasization on this and the law has been stretched so far now that it is legal for the parents to cut off an entire finger/toe or perhaps a portion of a finger/toe, to demonstrate to the kid how wrong they are.

Now allot of you are thinking that I thought this out to far and that the idea is completely crazy, but is it really so crazy in our world today? I mean people say that our planet has come a long way bu have we really come that far along. If I took a good long look at the world right now i would say that we have gotten worse and not better. Money was introduced to the world instead of trade and now people are killing each other because of envy or jealousy of how much money someone else has. Before money we were fine growing our own food and building our own everyday materials. so tell me when money was created was that a step up or a step down.

guns were introduce to the world as a self defense item or something to hunt with. Now people are using them to commit homicide, suicide, or genocide. When guns were introduced was it a step up for our world or a step down???

All of these things are being introduced to the world and at first site they seem like the greatest thing but in the end how great do they really turn out to be. I don't know about other countries but I do know that in America everyone is supposed to be an equal  citizen when standing next to any other person in the nation. Then why are some payed more than others. why can some people get married and other not be able to because of sexual preferences? Why do some spend more time in jail that others just because the other person made a plea of temporary insanity. why are some given harsher punishments because they are older. If an adult who steals deserves to have his/her hand cut of then a child who steals deserves to have his/her hand cut off.

If this was the case and children were given the same punishment as adults, would so many of you still be for the law??? ???

Written By: saver on 06/14/08 at 10:03 pm

Hypothetically....

Say there is a child and he/she is at a daycare. Lets say this child is a he and his name is bob. Bob is enjoying his first day of daycare and he finds a toy that he really really likes. so when it is time to go bob , who doesn't know much better, sneaks the toy from the day care. Now when a kid does something wrong parents tend to tell them that little boys and girls who do bad things go to hell or jail, and to demonstrate or put a stronger effect on it they send the kid into his/her room so as to make this seem like a temporary prison to them. Well with this new "hand/leg cutting law in placewho nows how far it will be taken. So bobs parents realize that bob has taken this toy from the day care and the parents try to frighten bob by telling him that thieves get there hands cut off. Well now lets say the want to make a stronger emphasization on this and the law has been stretched so far now that it is legal for the parents to cut off an entire finger/toe or perhaps a portion of a finger/toe, to demonstrate to the kid how wrong they are.

Now allot of you are thinking that I thought this out to far and that the idea is completely crazy, but is it really so crazy in our world today? I mean people say that our planet has come a long way bu have we really come that far along. If I took a good long look at the world right now i would say that we have gotten worse and not better. Money was introduced to the world instead of trade and now people are killing each other because of envy or jealousy of how much money someone else has. Before money we were fine growing our own food and building our own everyday materials. so tell me when money was created was that a step up or a step down.

guns were introduce to the world as a self defense item or something to hunt with. Now people are using them to commit homicide, suicide, or genocide. When guns were introduced was it a step up for our world or a step down???

All of these things are being introduced to the world and at first site they seem like the greatest thing but in the end how great do they really turn out to be. I don't know about other countries but I do know that in America everyone is supposed to be an equal  citizen when standing next to any other person in the nation. Then why are some payed more than others. why can some people get married and other not be able to because of sexual preferences? Why do some spend more time in jail that others just because the other person made a plea of temporary insanity. why are some given harsher punishments because they are older. If an adult who steals deserves to have his/her hand cut of then a child who steals deserves to have his/her hand cut off.

If this was the case and children were given the same punishment as adults, would so many of you still be for the law??? ???

You must know already, there are Juvi Halls for the young who commit bad acts and until they reach maturity age, they wioll be treated under that system.

No one will cut a childs and off as for themost part it is considered innocents..do we tear out the babies vocal chords for crying in church when you are to be quiet..NO ..and it will never happen.
Ah yes, stealing/taking and guns used for bad deeds...sure would be nice for something to happen to those who misuse the forces... Even with no money involved, I know of people stealing products for their own gain or fruit from a farmers tree as they pass by, it is wrong but rationalized 'oh, he won't miss it'..but it happens.

And money...he with the most 'toys' wins is whatis said but I never saw a U-HAUL behind a hearse!

Written By: Mushroom on 06/14/08 at 10:42 pm

Well, a lot of different things thrown at me here.  But let me try and cover them all.

Personally, I have no pity at all for drug dealers.  I would not complain a bit if they were all taken to some remote island in the middle of the Arctic Ocean and left there.

And yes, I have a particular hatred for drug dealers.  I classify them right behind murderers and rapists.

I believe in harsh prison sentences for people that violate the law.  And for those that are repeat offenders, they should be locked up for increasingly longer terms, until it reaches the point they should never be let loose.

As for the retarded and mentally ill, they should not be executed nessicarily.  As long as they are aware of what they have done, and that it was wrong.

For example, if somebody is retarted and has the mental capacity of a 5 year old, then obviously they would not understand the severity of what they did wrong.

However, if somebody is retarted and has the mental capacity of a 16 year old, then they should also fully understand right and wrong.  A 16 year old can be charged and tried as an adult, therefore so should an adult with a similar mental capacity.

And yes, I have done time in jail.  I did something wrong, and paid for it.  In fact, I frequently use my case as an example of those that work under me, to be more responsible.

A huge amount of crime comes from those "pot dealers".

Simple case in point:  Very little pot comes from "pot dealers", it comes from "drug dealers", that will sell you anything from meth and pot to crack and PCP.  Just so it makes them money.

And pot is a major cause of drug addiction.  And studies have shown that the vast majority of inmates were addicted to drugs at the time of their arrest.  And the vast majority of drug uses started with "pot".

And my son is one of them.  He recently got out after a 5 year sentence (just under 2 years served) for Auto Theft.  And this was not his first arrest.  His others were for possession of marijuanna (16), possession of meth (17), and then his arrest for auto theft (he admitted to me he was stealing the car to pay for drugs).

And my wife and I are trying hard to get him out of California.  He claims he is "Clean And Sober", however he also states the only drug he uses is Marijuanna.

But that is OK, because it is prescribed!

Yep, he went to a quack that works at the local Marijuanna Clinic, and got a prescription simply because he told the doctor he "had trouble sleeping at night".  I am sure if I went to the same clinic and said I had a hangnail, I could get the same prescription.

Yea, that "Medicinal Marijuanna" law was such a good thing.  Have pity on those that have cancer, or glaucoma and nothing else works.  But most of us knew that it would come to cases like I am fighting with.

And I am also aware that if he breaks the law again, he will go down for 10-20 years.  And I already told him that if that happens, he has nobody to blame but himself.  I will stand by him, but he is an adult now, and must pay adult consequences when he breaks the law.

And both his mother and I dread the day when he goes to his local "pot dealer" to get some pot for his sleeping problem, only to be sold some pot that is laced with something else, or is told he is out, and to try this meth or crack because it is all he has.

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/14/08 at 10:46 pm

You must know already, there are Juvi Halls for the young who commit bad acts and until they reach maturity age, they wioll be treated under that system.

No one will cut a childs and off as for themost part it is considered innocents..do we tear out the babies vocal chords for crying in church when you are to be quiet..NO ..and it will never happen.
Ah yes, stealing/taking and guns used for bad deeds...sure would be nice for something to happen to those who misuse the forces... Even with no money involved, I know of people stealing products for their own gain or fruit from a farmers tree as they pass by, it is wrong but rationalized 'oh, he won't miss it'..but it happens.

And money...he with the most 'toys' wins is whatis said but I never saw a U-HAUL behind a hearse!

Thats exactly what I mean. Perfect example right there. Like I said you guys are quick to say "oh no one will ever cut a child's finger or hand of. thats crazy." but how long will it be until the idea of that isn't so crazy. how long will it be until everyone regardless of age is having there hands cut off for taking something.

If you really think about it, half of the time these days when things are stole it is because people are practically asking for it to happen. A guy goes out to the nearest electronicsstore and gets this fantastic High def widescreen TV and they brag and flaunt and brag and flaunt and then they wonder why it was stolen or how someone knew that he they had it. Its just like the big buildings around the world.

Granted 9/11 was a terrible event and what i am saying is in no intended to justify what the terrorists did but its is the US's own fault it happened. Yes the US is Rich yes the US is Powerful Yes the us has fantastic landmarks and they are building fantasting building but as soon as that building is built they go about and flaunt it all over the world and brag about it, spreading the news around on the news and it aggravates people. All it takes is one person, just one person needs to snap and that bi fantastic feat the the Americans have accomplished is gone because they were too proud.

I can almost guarantee that the only reason this guy wants the law put in place is because something of value got stolen from him. If you don't want it stolen or destroyed then don't flaunt it. and if you aren't flaunting it then make an attempt to keep it safe because you are not the only person who has had something stolen from you. There are people out there who don't even have things that other would find worthy of stealing and hear this guy is, probably with a nice house that is well furnished, complaining because something got stolen. Sorry bucko but there are more important things going on in the world for anyone to be dealing with the latest theft

Written By: saver on 06/15/08 at 12:49 am

Thats exactly what I mean. Perfect example right there. Like I said you guys are quick to say "oh no one will ever cut a child's finger or hand of. thats crazy." but how long will it be until the idea of that isn't so crazy. how long will it be until everyone regardless of age is having there hands cut off for taking something.

If you really think about it, half of the time these days when things are stole it is because people are practically asking for it to happen. A guy goes out to the nearest electronicsstore and gets this fantastic High def widescreen TV and they brag and flaunt and brag and flaunt and then they wonder why it was stolen or how someone knew that he they had it. Its just like the big buildings around the world.

Granted 9/11 was a terrible event and what i am saying is in no intended to justify what the terrorists did but its is the US's own fault it happened. Yes the US is Rich yes the US is Powerful Yes the us has fantastic landmarks and they are building fantasting building but as soon as that building is built they go about and flaunt it all over the world and brag about it, spreading the news around on the news and it aggravates people. All it takes is one person, just one person needs to snap and that bi fantastic feat the the Americans have accomplished is gone because they were too proud.

I can almost guarantee that the only reason this guy wants the law put in place is because something of value got stolen from him. If you don't want it stolen or destroyed then don't flaunt it. and if you aren't flaunting it then make an attempt to keep it safe because you are not the only person who has had something stolen from you. There are people out there who don't even have things that other would find worthy of stealing and hear this guy is, probably with a nice house that is well furnished, complaining because something got stolen. Sorry bucko but there are more important things going on in the world for anyone to be dealing with the latest theft

Uh...it's been a good 3 or 4 generations that I can remember that no 'child' was tortured for their mistakes or natural acts, so I think it will pretty much stay that way...unless you get oneof those parents who 'teach their kids' to pickpocket, THEN the blame is on the parent and THEY lose the digit.

The guy in OK was ripped off by people checking if he was home..since no one was, they kicked his door in and took his stuff..they HAD NO BUSINESS EVEN BEING ON HIS PROPERTY and he never saw them before, and IF they are doing it to others..they will learn their lesson when someone is home and can LEGALLY blow their heads off.(most states allow anyone feeling threatened to  protect the home anyway they wish)..

Only humans seem to get punished for 'bragging' when they feel proud of an accomplishment and if it makes another feel JEALOUS or left out..THAT'S THEIR ISSUE TO GET OVER because if they think stealing valuable objects from someone who reached an accomplishment wants others to share in his happiness and he gets RIPPED OFF....the thief will have to deal with the results and the bragger can sleep easy as when caught the thief WILL PAY!with LIFE OR LIMB...

Even lower animals have no worries when a peacock shows off their proud colorful feathers, you don't see a parrot tearing them out of the bird because its jealous.

JEALOUSY AND WANT OF ANOTHERS PROPERTY ARE EMOTIONS OF THE UNSTABLE UNCONSCIENTIOUS...and depending what Bible you believe in acts of sins. 

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/15/08 at 10:26 am

Uh...it's been a good 3 or 4 generations that I can remember that no 'child' was tortured for their mistakes or natural acts, so I think it will pretty much stay that way...unless you get oneof those parents who 'teach their kids' to pickpocket, THEN the blame is on the parent and THEY lose the digit.

The guy in OK was ripped off by people checking if he was home..since no one was, they kicked his door in and took his stuff..they HAD NO BUSINESS EVEN BEING ON HIS PROPERTY and he never saw them before, and IF they are doing it to others..they will learn their lesson when someone is home and can LEGALLY blow their heads off.(most states allow anyone feeling threatened to  protect the home anyway they wish)..

Only humans seem to get punished for 'bragging' when they feel proud of an accomplishment and if it makes another feel JEALOUS or left out..THAT'S THEIR ISSUE TO GET OVER because if they think stealing valuable objects from someone who reached an accomplishment wants others to share in his happiness and he gets RIPPED OFF....the thief will have to deal with the results and the bragger can sleep easy as when caught the thief WILL PAY!with LIFE OR LIMB...

Even lower animals have no worries when a peacock shows off their proud colorful feathers, you don't see a parrot tearing them out of the bird because its jealous.

JEALOUSY AND WANT OF ANOTHERS PROPERTY ARE EMOTIONS OF THE UNSTABLE UNCONSCIENTIOUS...and depending what Bible you believe in acts of sins.  

Ok animal reference was so not accurate. A peacock is Born with beautiful feathers. It can't help what it is born with. Not to mention a peacock is a hell of allot stronger than a parrot so the parrot would most likely get its ass kicked.

And your still missing the point. Yes everyone thinks its going to stay the way it is right now but who's to say that in any amount of years when we are all dead it changes back to the old ways.

Like I said. there are a hell of allot of people out there who go on others people property when they have no right to be there but THE WORLD HAS MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO FOCUS ON. Nobody else suggested the hand cutting law when something got stole from them. You know why? Because they knew there were more important things going on in the world and they got over it. Just like this guy should have gotten over it and let it go. If he didn't want his house to get broken into then he should have gotten an alarm system set up.Or he should have asked a neighbor to park their car in his drive way so that someone would think he was home. Or he should have left some lights on along with TV to give the idea that someone is home. Maybe he should get a dog. There are so many things that you can do to stop your house from being broken into you just have to take it upon yourself to take these precautions.

Written By: saver on 06/15/08 at 1:07 pm

Ok animal reference was so not accurate. A peacock is Born with beautiful feathers. It can't help what it is born with. Not to mention a peacock is a hell of allot stronger than a parrot so the parrot would most likely get its ass kicked.

And your still missing the point. Yes everyone thinks its going to stay the way it is right now but who's to say that in any amount of years when we are all dead it changes back to the old ways.

Like I said. there are a hell of allot of people out there who go on others people property when they have no right to be there but THE WORLD HAS MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO FOCUS ON. Nobody else suggested the hand cutting law when something got stole from them. You know why? Because they knew there were more important things going on in the world and they got over it. Just like this guy should have gotten over it and let it go. If he didn't want his house to get broken into then he should have gotten an alarm system set up.Or he should have asked a neighbor to park their car in his drive way so that someone would think he was home. Or he should have left some lights on along with TV to give the idea that someone is home. Maybe he should get a dog. There are so many things that you can do to stop your house from being broken into you just have to take it upon yourself to take these precautions.

So I cannot live in a free society knowing I constantly have to protect anything of value I have? Why don't I just GIVE my Rolex to the guy on the bus that is looking at me,thinking he'd like it?
The OK  had surveillance cameras set up in case he came home and something was missing, he could playback the film and see the 'lowlifes' who broke in, his next step will be to have a weapon ready.

I do remember such cases before that had many break-ins that the owner of a house would make it look like he left and hid inside waiting for anyone to try to break in, they did and he had his weapon set up and GOT THEM!

If we have to all spend our time worrying that we may get things taken from us, how productive is that-when you say there is other things to think about then getting things taken.

If we have to take those rats one-by-one, great, it will employ security people-which we should never have to worry about, and people will make protective devices, so, that would be good too that someone has a job training guard dogs and making bars for doors. If someone wants to get 'IN' somewhere, they will...if they want to take things with them when they leave..I hope there are more guys like OKLAHOMA MAN there to see they won't have a hand left to lift with!

That's where I stand...and I have said what I needed to... 

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/15/08 at 2:09 pm

So I cannot live in a free society knowing I constantly have to protect anything of value I have? Why don't I just GIVE my Rolex to the guy on the bus that is looking at me,thinking he'd like it?
The OK  had surveillance cameras set up in case he came home and something was missing, he could playback the film and see the 'lowlifes' who broke in, his next step will be to have a weapon ready.

I do remember such cases before that had many break-ins that the owner of a house would make it look like he left and hid inside waiting for anyone to try to break in, they did and he had his weapon set up and GOT THEM!

If we have to all spend our time worrying that we may get things taken from us, how productive is that-when you say there is other things to think about then getting things taken.

If we have to take those rats one-by-one, great, it will employ security people-which we should never have to worry about, and people will make protective devices, so, that would be good too that someone has a job training guard dogs and making bars for doors. If someone wants to get 'IN' somewhere, they will...if they want to take things with them when they leave..I hope there are more guys like OKLAHOMA MAN there to see they won't have a hand left to lift with!

That's where I stand...and I have said what I needed to... 

If you have something of value to you then your first instinct chould be to take extra precautions anyway.

All and all theivery wouldnt be a problem if everyone was paid the same amount of money and if everybody, no matter how they dress or how they act, could get a jobe with out the hassle of getting something more than a high school education. yes there are jobs out there for people who have gotten nothing more than their diploma but they are not very good or high paying.

No matter what other people try to believe, this country is not one of equality.

That is all i have to say on the subject.

Written By: saver on 06/15/08 at 5:06 pm

If you have something of value to you then your first instinct chould be to take extra precautions anyway.

All and all theivery wouldnt be a problem if everyone was paid the same amount of money and if everybody, no matter how they dress or how they act, could get a jobe with out the hassle of getting something more than a high school education. yes there are jobs out there for people who have gotten nothing more than their diploma but they are not very good or high paying.

No matter what other people try to believe, this country is not one of equality.

That is all i have to say on the subject.

ON THE SUBJECT OF EQUALITY OF WHICH YOU SPEAK:

Everyone in this country is given a chance from when they are born to their older ages to make the best of what they have-I'm sure other messageboards would like to jump in on this-but it should be another thread., ao I won't jam this site up.

The list goes on a long way of all those who MADE SOMETHING OF THEMSELVES over the last century from poor beginnings to wealth.
Who picked Einstein,Bill Gates,out of the crowd, and founders of many of the items you use in everyday life, and made them the envy of the 'have nots'..They got off their butts and did something with their ideas and become moneymakers of our society.

There are even government assisted programs that can get you into a better school than imagined. Is there any other country you can think of that will assist you rto get a decent education? Not to mention help lift you from a financial set back with food stamps,unemployment insurance, which to those who work consistently for a living would look at as 'welfare' that should NOT be doled to able bodied workers.

Nobody in my family-other than raising me in a safe/healthy environment- helped me get to where I am today..with some great attributes, so I know it can be done..by trying.

Many have LEGALLY 'found a way' to get what they desired, so anyone who tries that we 'are all fixed to be the same' is not aware of what productivity is and can deliver.

I only hope for them to get answers to help ,make their lives worthy to then pass the message on to others.. on so on and on.

If they told me I could make as much money, as my neighbor the computer expert, by selling hamburgers, do you think I would give arip what I did with my life..to the winner goes the spoils!         

Written By: Peaceful Dude on 06/15/08 at 5:36 pm

Geez, that makes being pro-death penalty seem nice. What is this Saudi Arabia?

Written By: haleym8826 on 06/15/08 at 8:21 pm

exactly

Written By: saver on 06/15/08 at 10:04 pm

Didn't England place people in dungeons...we didn't have castles with them, so we came up with an alternative...firing squads, prisons, guillotines(okay that was the French,electric chairs. gas chambers(wait that was the Germans)..

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/16/08 at 1:05 pm

Didn't England place people in dungeons...we didn't have castles with them, so we came up with an alternative...firing squads, prisons, guillotines(okay that was the French,electric chairs. gas chambers(wait that was the Germans)..

Not only did they have dungeons and the Tower Of London but torture was also common place.  Pressed to plea was a method used used by the British and in Puritan America (17th century) 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/16/08 at 6:42 pm

The British always hanging for execution.  They got really good at it too because they used to hang a lot of people!  The British public found capital punishment increasingly barbaric in the 20th century, with the anti-death penalty movement accelerating after WWII.  The last state-sanctioned executions were in 1964.  Capital punishment for murder was suspended in 1965 and officially abolished in 1969.  A few offenses involving piracy, treason, and terrorism remained on the books as punishable by death, though never applied, until the death penalty was abolished altogether in 1998. 

Written By: saver on 06/16/08 at 9:55 pm

The British always hanging for execution.  They got really good at it too because they used to hang a lot of people!  The British public found capital punishment increasingly barbaric in the 20th century, with the anti-death penalty movement accelerating after WWII.  The last state-sanctioned executions were in 1964.  Capital punishment for murder was suspended in 1965 and officially abolished in 1969.  A few offenses involving piracy, treason, and terrorism remained on the books as punishable by death, though never applied, until the death penalty was abolished altogether in 1998. 

Has it worked on the small scale level? I'm sure they look it over from time to time....you could stab someone with a lamp.

But when you have something the size of the US, you have a minizoo within and some of the animals 'ain't right'.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/17/08 at 9:25 am

Britain has a very bloody history.  Up till the Victorian era people paying to see a public execution was still commonplace.  I think it was the reforms that were pushed like being more lenient with debtors prison helped.  The upper class kind of lightened up when it came to the common folk.

Check for new replies or respond here...