inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Gwen Stefani To Paint Her Baby's Room Black

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/12/08 at 11:43 am

Why oh why would anyone want this for their kid?

...former Bush frontman Rossdale is excited about their unusual decorating plans.

He tells Britain's OK! magazine, "We don't know if it's a boy or a girl. Plus we are going to put him in a black room. It'll be a goth baby so it doesn't matter if it is a boy or a girl."

Full story at Star Pulse

amiright.com

Subject: Re: Gwen Stefani To Paint Her Baby's Room Black

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 06/13/08 at 2:13 am

I think some musicians and actors just like to do things different for the attention.  there's a million or more goth kids around and they chose that themselves, by the time this baby is old enough, he/she will choose what he/she wants & likes and mommy and daddy ain't gonna be able to stop or influence the spoiled brat's choices and decisions  ;D 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/13/08 at 3:48 pm

Even Goth kids like colors other than black.  Bet she'll be disappointed if the kid grows up to be a wannabe hippie.

Written By: gibbo on 06/13/08 at 3:50 pm

If the parents appear to like black...the child will probably chose pink........

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/13/08 at 8:02 pm

it just seems like the parents trying to shape their kid way too much... a sure bet the kid will rebel in a huge way later.  Plus babies don't respond to dark colors, they like bright things.  Just seems like a totally daft idea from start to finish.

Written By: Jessica on 06/13/08 at 8:08 pm

I'd prefer the black room to the overly decorated and gaudy crap that J. Lo chose for her babies. Crystal chandeliers and $800 organza cradles. C'mon....

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/13/08 at 8:36 pm

I'd prefer the black room to the overly decorated and gaudy crap that J. Lo chose for her babies. Crystal chandeliers and $800 organza cradles. C'mon....

another case of trying to project what the parents what instead.  We left Neal's room almost completely empty until he was almost two.  By then we knew what he would like and started getting him stuff.  He didn't spend much awake time in there anyways, almost seemed pointless.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/16/08 at 8:33 am

"It'll be a goth baby so it doesn't matter if it is a boy or a girl."

Yeah, 'cause they all look the same!

Ant

Written By: Gis on 06/27/08 at 10:30 am

Please, please let me step in here and clarify something, this is a perfect example of the 'British sense of humour'! Gavin was 100% taking the p*ss when he made that comment.  ;D

Written By: KKay on 06/27/08 at 11:13 am

the kid will feel lik its always asleep!

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/27/08 at 11:24 am

Please, please let me step in here and clarify something, this is a perfect example of the 'British sense of humour'! Gavin was 100% taking the p*ss when he made that comment.  ;D

that kind of thing never translates well into print...

Written By: Gis on 06/28/08 at 4:04 am

that kind of thing never translates well into print...
Very true and he should know that by now, but sometimes it's just hard to resist, I'm sure even more so when you have a gushing journalist to toy with.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...