inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Any good bus tours?

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/17/08 at 7:41 pm

Since I may never get my Drivers License so that means no road trip, I'm thinking of going on a bus tour to major cities.

The only down side is...I'll be with old people.  :(

Subject: Re: Any good bus tours?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/17/08 at 8:53 pm

I actually took 2 different bus tours in my lifetime...both to Canada. We stopped and saw Niagra Falls...and we went to Toronto to see Phantom Of The Opera. We had a blast! It wasn't all old people either..quite a few younger/middle aged folks. The best thing is to get a group of friends/relatives together to go....it can be so much fun!

Written By: Jessica on 06/17/08 at 9:06 pm

Since I may never get my Drivers License so that means no road trip, I'm thinking of going on a bus tour to major cities.

The only down side is...I'll be with old people.  :(

Forget the bus. Hit the Amtrak. It may be more expensive, but you see WAY more of the country.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/17/08 at 9:26 pm

I went on bus tours alot in my mid 20s.  I didn't like to drive, and the tours were going some interesting places.

I went to tour the Frank Lloyd Wright house "Fallingwater" southeast of Pittsburgh (I think it was) and we ate at Seven Springs ski resort.

That was a fun one.

I went to Atlantic City on a bus tour, that was fun too.

Written By: saver on 06/17/08 at 9:55 pm

Some are catered to themes. Haven't done it, but heard of tours of Haunted Places. 

If you live in a town with enough 'haunted' spots on a tour, would you stay in town for long?' :o 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/17/08 at 9:56 pm

My trip to Europe with the family was on a bus tour.  Very easy to drive all over Europe, it is.  If I can ever get the $$ and the time, I'd like to take my family on a car ride through the continent.

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/17/08 at 10:50 pm

I did a great tour of Ireland on a bus.  It was a really diverse group of people from all over the U.S.  We had teens, seniors, doctors, lesbians - it was awesome!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/17/08 at 10:52 pm

I did a great tour of Ireland on a bus.  It was a really diverse group of people from all over the U.S.  We had teens, seniors, doctors, lesbians - it was awesome!

Lesbians?! awesome! :)

Written By: Jessica on 06/17/08 at 11:28 pm

Some are catered to themes. Haven't done it, but heard of tours of Haunted Places. 

If you live in a town with enough 'haunted' spots on a tour, would you stay in town for long?' :o 

Chicago. :D

Written By: saver on 06/17/08 at 11:30 pm

Lesbians?! awesome! :)

Where is Lesbia? ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/18/08 at 5:51 am

Where is Lesbia? ???

It is on the Greek island of Lesbos.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/18/08 at 8:18 am

It is on the Greek island of Lesbos.

I've been there...it's a happening place! :D

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/18/08 at 9:29 am

Where is Lesbia? ???

As stated wiseguy, Lesbos is a Greek Island.

You are a constant source of annoyance and must get the monkey butt http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/shakin.gif

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/18/08 at 9:38 pm

;D

I just love the title of this thread, it's a gas!

Written By: saver on 06/19/08 at 2:36 am

As stated wiseguy, Lesbos is a Greek Island.

You are a constant source of annoyance and must get the monkey butt http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/shakin.gif

Speakingof 'wiseguys' , that tour driver pulled a fast one on our tour of Greece and took us to the opposite side of the island to Homopolis! :P :P

Written By: thereshegoes on 06/19/08 at 10:21 am

I hate travelling long distance by bus it makes me nauseous. I don't know about America but back in Europe trains are the cool way to get around and always on time 8)

Written By: Jessica on 06/19/08 at 10:26 am

I hate travelling long distance by bus it makes me nauseous. I don't know about America but back in Europe trains are the cool way to get around and always on time 8)

I've seen the European trains on television. Amtrak and the rest of the commuter trains have NOTHING on the European system. :P Now, there are some private tour trains around the US, but they cost upwards of $5,000 or more. :o

I've travelled on Greyhound (bus) before, but only 100 miles and back. It wasn't TOO bad, but their schedules are wonky.

Written By: Bob on 06/20/08 at 6:07 pm

Amtrak is way better than Greyhound. Much more comfortable, more fun.

Written By: saver on 06/20/08 at 10:48 pm

I'm economical, I don't PAY MORE to take longer to get somewhere. As with AMTRAK...Take a 3 day trip to Seattle or 2 hour flight for LESS?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/21/08 at 12:19 am

I'm economical, I don't PAY MORE to take longer to get somewhere. As with AMTRAK...Take a 3 day trip to Seattle or 2 hour flight for LESS?

some people don't like to fly...AND they would much rather take the scenic route.

Check for new replies or respond here...