inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Yahoo news story of 17 teens in small town who had pact to get preggos

Written By: saver on 06/20/08 at 1:27 am

I don't have flash to see the video or get the full story. If this is as it sounds, they will have to rename the local school: OUR LADY OF ST. JUNO!

If this is a real small community, maybe we could dub them BUTTHEAD U.S.A.!

Love to hear how they planned to afford them all..but the banjo playing would drown out their answers...

Is there a teacher in that town for planned parenthood?

Subject: Re: Yahoo news story of 17 teens in small town who had pact to get preggos

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/20/08 at 1:52 am

http://www.qwantz.com/shirt_failure_large.png

Failure.  It's just success rounded down.

Subject: Re: Yahoo news story of 17 teens in small town who had pact to get preggos

Written By: Red Ant on 06/20/08 at 9:57 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080619/us_nm/usa_pregnancy_teens_dc

That story contains too much stupid to handle at this early hour...

Ant

Written By: Bob on 06/20/08 at 6:02 pm

St. Juno.

That's F***ing hilarious.  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/20/08 at 7:44 pm

I think Maxwell Smart is from Mass.

Let's hear his take on this group of Mensa members.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/21/08 at 2:57 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080619/us_nm/usa_pregnancy_teens_dc

That story contains too much stupid to handle at this early hour...

Ant

That's like saying just 'cuz a guy's from West Virginia he knows something about marrying his sister!

Yeah, Massachusetts where all the teens are knocked up!  Look, it's frikkin' Glaucester full of pill-addled fishermen and preppie tourists.  Life is pretty grim out there.  Having a baby of your own means something and that's the sad truth about why so many youth get in the family way.
:D

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/21/08 at 6:34 am

That's like saying just 'cuz a guy's from West Virginia he knows something about marrying his sister!

Yeah, Massachusetts where all the teens are knocked up!  Look, it's frikkin' Glaucester full of pill-addled fishermen and preppie tourists.  Life is pretty grim out there.  Having a baby of your own means something and that's the sad truth about why so many youth get in the family way.

Well, at least they can't blame this on Ted Kennedy...  :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/21/08 at 12:36 pm

Well, at least they can't blame this on Ted Kennedy...  :P

They can, they're just not trying.
::)

Written By: Marian on 06/22/08 at 4:49 pm

I think one f them said a 24 year old homeless guy was the father of her baby!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/23/08 at 1:48 am

What he say?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/23/08 at 2:18 am

She probably has really strong parent issues and wants to really freak them out.  ;D

At 24, he was probably still living in his mom's basement playing video games all day (and night) when she kicked him out for not having a job.  ;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/23/08 at 2:20 am

Is this Biology Lessons going on step further?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/23/08 at 2:27 am

She probably has really strong parent issues and wants to really freak them out.   ;D

At 24, he was probably still living in his mom's basement playing video games all day (and night) when she kicked him out for not having a job.  ;)

So the dude gets married, and moves himself, his spouse, and his four kids back into his mom's basement where he plays video games all day!

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/23/08 at 2:36 am

So the dude gets married, and moves himself, his spouse, and his four kids back into his mom's basement where he plays video games all day!

I don't think they feel obligated to get married anymore Max, I think that was a custom of the past.  ;)  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/23/08 at 5:46 pm

I don't think they feel obligated to get married anymore Max, I think that was a custom of the past.   ;)  ;D

Now I feel like an old fart!
;)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/23/08 at 5:47 pm

Now I feel like an old fart!
;)

Join the club!  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 06/23/08 at 6:17 pm

Gloucester is one of those towns the is filled with the richest and the poorest, and never the twain shall meet. On one side you have old money, mansions, and private schools, on the other you have run down downtown, collapsing infrastructure, and a make ends meet struggle.A few months ago it was in the news because there was a proposal to offer birth control to students through the school nurse.  It was shot down, a bit too hastily it seems. It has been brought to the attention of those concerned that whenever an underage girl becomes pregnant, and the father is stated to be an adult, the doctor, and/or clinic is supposed to report it.  There is a call to see if these pregnancies were reported. Whatever happened to statutory rape?  It happens everyday, but 24 year old guys getting 13-14-15 year olds pregnant is ignored.  Statutory is just that, it doesn't matter if the girl was willing or not, that is why it is statutory.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/23/08 at 9:55 pm

The mayor is now saying the pact thing appears to be a hoax... but you know that won't make the rounds nearly as fast as the juicy story did.

Gloucester isn't even above normal for teen pregnancy rates in the US... talk about a story blown out of proportion.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/23/08 at 11:56 pm

The mayor is now saying the pact thing appears to be a hoax... but you know that won't make the rounds nearly as fast as the juicy story did.

But let the record show that we who fell for it (myself included) are officially humbled. 

We have been trolled; we have lost.  Disregard, we suck..., In Soviet Union the Fail is strong with US!, for the lulz, etc...

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/24/08 at 1:44 am

Gloucester isn't even above normal for teen pregnancy rates in the US... talk about a story blown out of proportion.

So the pact is a hoax, but are pregnancies still real?

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/24/08 at 9:15 am

basically... and while the rate is high for the school when compared to past years, it's still not above normal when compared with the national rate.

Written By: saver on 06/24/08 at 5:49 pm

So I read!

Now we know you don't have to be 'influenced' to do stupid things..these people did it themselves!

Stupid is as stupid does...saw girl interviewed and she looks forward to it..maybe was an accident..okay..PAGING THE TEACHERS?????
DUTY CALLS!!!!!!!!!

Aside from how to have babies, do you think they could relate if they were made to figure out the 'price' to raise a kid then asking them..where will the money come from.that should make them think!

Check for new replies or respond here...