inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The 10s and todays fashion

Written By: josh911 on 06/20/08 at 3:22 pm

Hey,
I was wondering if the punk-ish, checkered/striped=(hoodies/shirts)chekered shoes/skateboarding shoes(Vans of course or Xdye) fashion will stay until the 10s, or do you think a new fashion will come out and all these late late 00s fashion will just die out over time?
For eg you can have clothes from the early 00s like 01 and you can wear them now and no one will really notice right(well not me anyway).
Alot of people say that back in the 90s that wouldnt have happened, people would have noticed and you would have been conisdered uncool or a geek.
Another thing i noticed is how clothes changed from the 90s and the 00s do you think another big thing will come this year or next year or things will stay the same with a few differences!?
Josh. :)

Subject: Re: The 10s and todays fashion

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/20/08 at 4:27 pm

In the 2010's, clothing will be made of recyclable paper.  You'll buy a roll of them, not unlike a roll of paper towels, and each day you'll unfurl a new garment and tear it off and wear it.

Fashionistas will subscribe to mail-order fashion services, sorta like a book-of-the-month club, where every 4 or 5 weeks they send you a new roll of ultra fashionable clothing.  :P

Written By: Bob on 06/20/08 at 6:06 pm

The 10s will be the Gay decade.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 06/20/08 at 7:22 pm

Fashion is extremely difficult to predict. I mean, I definetly like how fashion is now compared to when I was a teenager. I wore really non-flattering stuff, but so did a lot of girls during that time in their teen years (1994-1999). The baggy look was just hitting mainstream when I started Junior High, so I grabbed onto it a bit, but I also dressed a lot like, lets say the girls on Friends. Today's fashion has become much more stylish and ten times more flattering. Of course, many girls still think it's cool to go out in the PJ's to the mall or wear hiked up shorts, but that's something we can't really help.

2010's fashion, I'd love to see a mid-60's resurgence in styles take a modern twist. That's what I'm hoping for!

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/20/08 at 7:25 pm

I hope the '80s revival keeps up, mixing some '90s retroness into it with some new stuff too. I kinda like the colorful look of the former, with the casual feel of the latter. I've always loved wearing like the T-shirt with an open plaid shirt over it look, and like with jeans.

Written By: whistledog on 06/21/08 at 1:13 am

Space Suits a'la The Jetsons

Written By: Gardenofeden68 on 06/21/08 at 11:00 pm

THe Whole hoodie, skater, long haired look sported by teenagers is kinda a nostalgic thing of the 70s incorporated with some elements from other decades and of course a more modern attitude. And lets not forget that there are many 2000s teenagers are into 60s and 70s music.

Check for new replies or respond here...