inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Shows, Topics, or things that don;t belong on certain TV networks.

Written By: tv on 06/21/08 at 11:00 am

For example ESPN airs "The National Spelling Bee" on ESPN2 once a year. What does that have to do with ESPN? I mean ESPN is a sports network. Than, ESPN airs automobile shows like the Los Angeles Auto Show on ESPN now what does that have to with sports?

Subject: Re: Shows, Topics, or things that don;t belong on certain TV networks.

Written By: VegettoVa90 on 06/21/08 at 11:45 am

Well, I know I'm beating a dead horse by mentioning this...but nothing on MTV, "Music Television", since 2004 belongs there!  >:( Also, live action does not belong on CARTOON network. I may as well say that The Fresh Prince, while a GREAT show, does not belong on Nick at Night, at least for another ten or fifteen years (I could say the same about Home Improvement)  ::) . A lot of movies that Comedy Central plays aren't even comedy. There's probably many more examples that I can't think of.

Written By: Marty McFly on 06/21/08 at 7:19 pm

Yeah, I've noticed that alot too, especially with the original VH1 becoming an E clone. I think it has to do with them probably fearing that the exclusive programming won't be enough to keep viewers tuned in, so they try and be more "generalized" like other stations.

I guess as time goes on and more programs go into "tv history" you'll need to get extended cable to get the more specialized programming, as the flagship stations appeal to the mainstream crowds.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/21/08 at 8:18 pm

I hate that G4, which used to be a network I loved to watch called Techtv, now shows nothing but re-runs of "Cops" and "Cheaters".

Written By: woops on 06/21/08 at 8:47 pm

About everything  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 06/22/08 at 1:48 pm

For example ESPN airs "The National Spelling Bee" on ESPN2 once a year. What does that have to do with ESPN? I mean ESPN is a sports network. Than, ESPN airs automobile shows like the Los Angeles Auto Show on ESPN now what does that have to with sports?

maybe they're trying to make "subtle" point about the importance of education and sports...

okay maybe not.... but the spelling be can be quite compelling TV and it's very competitve too 

Written By: whistledog on 06/22/08 at 2:13 pm

Poker being aired on sports networks.  I don't care what anyone says .. poker is not a sport

Check for new replies or respond here...