inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Emo the gayest thing of the 00s

Written By: josh911 on 06/21/08 at 7:18 pm

Hi,
I really hate emos and i really do think they are the gayest from the 00s/this decade, the problem is in 07 dey were ending but this year i see them rising again!!Do you think they will make it to the 10s!!
I mean come on, cutting your self and writing suicide notes isnt realy cool and wearing girls clothes and acting gay is kind of crazy i wonder how these people were raised!!Who started this emo sheesh anyways?i heared about it in 06?But i never knew who started it?
Josh ;)

Subject: Re: Emo the gayest thing of the 00s

Written By: guest on 06/21/08 at 7:30 pm

In the 10s emo will be as dead as a doornail, don't worry. There'll be a huge backlash, it seems theres been a backlash ever since it became popular though.;D

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/21/08 at 7:48 pm

Oh brother, not another topic about emo. ;)

Yeah, it sucks. But I really dont think it's that popular anymore or ever was in the first place. I haven't really seen a whole lot of "emos" around here anyway.

Written By: Bob on 06/21/08 at 9:14 pm

gay is in gay or sucky? i don't mind SOME emo like metro station and all american rejects but the fall out boy stuff is annoying and stupid, uncatchy and lacks melody or talent.

Written By: whistledog on 06/21/08 at 9:15 pm

gay as in two guys holding hands LOL

Written By: Step-chan on 06/21/08 at 9:58 pm

Aiyah!  :P ::)

In before another thread is started about another fan group. :D

Written By: sonikuu on 06/22/08 at 3:12 am

Emo is dying so fast its amazing.  Emo kids here have gotten really scrarce and have been declining for at least a year.  Honestly, hating Emo seems to be more popular than Emo itself at this point. 

Honestly, its topics like these that I hate.  Topics that have been done hundreds of times before: Emo sucks, Nickelodeon and MTV went downhill years ago, etc.  Its all been said hundreds of times before and, in the case of Emo, really isn't relevant anymore.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/24/08 at 8:55 pm

Emo is dying so fast its amazing.  Emo kids here have gotten really scrarce and have been declining for at least a year.  Honestly, hating Emo seems to be more popular than Emo itself at this point. 

Honestly, its topics like these that I hate.  Topics that have been done hundreds of times before: Emo sucks, Nickelodeon and MTV went downhill years ago, etc.  Its all been said hundreds of times before and, in the case of Emo, really isn't relevant anymore.

Who knows?  Maybe we are entering a period of neo-emo.  :-\\

Written By: KKay on 06/24/08 at 9:17 pm

maybe if we pretend its not there it will go away.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/24/08 at 10:01 pm

why the feck is there yet ANOTHER thread about this crap? ::)  AND, I don't think it is very nice to use the term gay in that sort of way. GO AWAY. >:(

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/25/08 at 5:34 am

why the feck is there yet ANOTHER thread about this crap? ::)  AND, I don't think it is very nice to use the term gay in that sort of way. GO AWAY. >:(

Yeah what's that all about?  I did not think that emo was about gay or straight, just a different kind of music.  :-\\

Written By: tv on 06/25/08 at 10:38 am

Hi,
I really hate emos and i really do think they are the gayest from the 00s/this decade, the problem is in 07 dey were ending but this year i see them rising again!!Do you think they will make it to the 10s!!
I mean come on, cutting your self and writing suicide notes isnt realy cool and wearing girls clothes and acting gay is kind of crazy i wonder how these people were raised!!Who started this emo sheesh anyways?i heared about it in 06?But i never knew who started it?
Josh ;)
First off Pop-Emo is more popular right now than actual "EMO" is right now.

Secondly, the EMO types wear girls clothes? I don;t think so. As far as gay men vs straight men and the way both act thats for a different board/thread entirely.

Written By: Tia on 06/25/08 at 10:39 am

threads about emo make me feel like i am descending into the blackest depths of utter despair and sorrow. o the loneliness!

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/08 at 10:30 pm

threads about emo make me feel like i am descending into the blackest depths of utter despair and sorrow. o the loneliness!

Threads about Emo make me think of Rheemo :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/25/08 at 10:33 pm

Threads about Emo make me think of Rheemo :D

oh gosh...remember him? what a nutjob! ::)

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/08 at 10:38 pm

oh gosh...remember him? what a nutjob! ::)

He was nuttier than a Nutty Butty Bar :D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/25/08 at 10:53 pm

He was nuttier than a Nutty Butty Bar :D

damn straight he was. We've had some real characters on here..haven't we?

Written By: James Marsden lookalike on 06/26/08 at 1:31 am

For me, 80s were gay!

I mean, movies and cartoons were good, but music? C.C. Catch, Modern talking and all that popular crap? Huh... 90's teen pop was better than that crap. And in the 00's it's all emo, rap and covers of 80's hits. At least we have some good movies, I think 2000s are the new 80s. Let's hope the 2010s will be like the 1990s.

Thing is, I HATE 80s music, I think it was the worse time musically, EVER! There was a regression after disco and a backlash and peeps latched on to this hokey type of music and still view it with nostalgia, but the music is crap. Sorry 80s fans but it is crap!

Ok maybe not all the music was crap, but it definitely does not deserve the love that it gets.

Written By: tv on 06/26/08 at 9:11 am

For me, 80s were gay!

I mean, movies and cartoons were good, but music? C.C. Catch, Modern talking and all that popular crap? Huh... 90's teen pop was better than that crap. And in the 00's it's all emo, rap and covers of 80's hits. At least we have some good movies, I think 2000s are the new 80s. Let's hope the 2010s will be like the 1990s.

Thing is, I HATE 80s music, I think it was the worse time musically, EVER! There was a regression after disco and a backlash and peeps latched on to this hokey type of music and still view it with nostalgia, but the music is crap. Sorry 80s fans but it is crap!

Ok maybe not all the music was crap, but it definitely does not deserve the love that it gets.
Man I'm getting old when somebody says the late 90's teen-pop era is better than the 80's music and I did graduate High School in 1998 so its not like I'm that old. I do like some 80's music even though I am a big 1992-1998 music fan.

As in the 00's being covers being in the 00's I think thats more of a late 90's/early 00's thing(1997-2002.)

Written By: Bobby on 06/28/08 at 5:59 pm

Man I'm getting old when somebody says the late 90's teen-pop era is better than the 80's music and I did graduate High School in 1998 so its not like I'm that old. I do like some 80's music even though I am a big 1992-1998 music fan.

As in the 00's being covers being in the 00's I think thats more of a late 90's/early 00's thing(1997-2002.)

In all fairness, I am an 80s music fan but I will confess there was a fair amount of it covered from the 50s, 60s and 70s (Blonde, UB40, Dr and the Medics, Tiffany, Shakin' Stevens, Boy George, Madness, Paul Young, Tom Jones, Kim Wilde, Kylie Minogue have all used covers . . .) and I thought they were the first to sing those songs. In fact, when I was little, I was so annoyed that Boy George covered the song 'Everything I own' by Ken Boothe . . . this was before I understood that Ken Boothe covered the same song from the group Bread, lol.

Anyway, about emos. Erm . . . What about them? Lol. I don't know why people hate them so much.

Written By: STUCKONYOU on 07/03/08 at 12:45 pm

emo is just for emotional... like pop is for popular-- something of a fad if you ask me

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/07/18 at 7:34 pm

Fast forward 10 years later and the same exact complaints are being made. I think it's hilarious how so fitting this comment is to today.  ;D

Written By: Wobo on 03/07/18 at 7:35 pm

Trap is also the gayest thing of the 10s.

Written By: Dundee on 03/23/18 at 4:29 am

Flashforward to 10 years later, I actually do miss some of the emo fads
Can't help ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Written By: ofkx on 03/23/18 at 9:03 am

In the 10s emo will be as dead as a doornail, don't worry. There'll be a huge backlash, it seems theres been a backlash ever since it became popular though.;D

But was it? I feel like emo was still a thing until like 2013.

Written By: 2001 on 03/23/18 at 10:35 am

But was it? I feel like emo was still a thing until like 2013.

It died like a year after that post. Scene is what lasted into the early 2010s.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/23/18 at 10:50 am

It died like a year after that post. Scene is what lasted into the early 2010s.

Yeah, emo has been dead. Thank goodness.

Written By: bchris02 on 03/23/18 at 12:32 pm

Yeah emo was pretty much gone by 2009.  Scene lasted a little bit longer.

Hipsters are the '10s equivalent.  They are past peak and 2018 is probably their last year of any relevancy at all (and even now it's just echoes).

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/23/18 at 12:47 pm

Yeah emo was pretty much gone by 2009.  Scene lasted a little bit longer.

Hipsters are the '10s equivalent.  They are past peak and 2018 is probably their last year of any relevancy at all (and even now it's just echoes).

I agree hipsters are the '10s equivalent. However, it seems they are lot more prevalent than emos were.

Hipsters have influences all aspects of pop culture this decade. You name it. Movies, music (pop, rock, r&b), clothing, cartoons, just about everything. It's to the point that even non-hipsters participate in hipster culture to an extent. I feel that the emo was more concentrated in one social group.

Written By: Howard on 03/23/18 at 1:12 pm

How is it gay?  ???

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/23/18 at 1:33 pm

How is it gay?  ???

It's not.

Written By: 2001 on 03/23/18 at 1:38 pm

How is it gay?  ???

Emo means happy.

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 03/23/18 at 1:50 pm

These guys beg to differ;

If under 18, do not click on the spoiler. No offense to anyone intended.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVKU4t5sL0s&t=85s&has_verified=1

In all seriousness though, I'm sure many of those emo musicians get more action from women than you do.
Not that I like them, but calling them gay may be a sign of your own sexual insecurity.  ;D ;D ;D

EDIT: Just realized this post was made in 2008

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/23/18 at 6:46 pm

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4788/40976747811_ae33b86681.jpg

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/23/18 at 6:48 pm

These guys beg to differ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVKU4t5sL0s&t=85s&has_verified=1

In all seriousness though, I'm sure many of those emo musicians get more action from women than you do.
Not that I like them, but calling them gay may be a sign of your own sexual insecurity.  ;D ;D ;D

EDIT: Just realized this post was made in 2008

That explains your post  ;D ;D

Written By: LooseBolt on 03/23/18 at 7:41 pm

"Gay" is not a synonym for sheety. Get the net.

Also emo is awesome and I miss it.

Check for new replies or respond here...