inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thank You Notes

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/22/08 at 11:32 am

Do you write 'Thank You' notes? Because to me, I think it's passe, even though I had a party and they gave me gifts.

IMO-I think if you say it orally, that's good manners. But my mom says that I have to write 'Thank You' notes, now I feel that I have to be well-bred.

Subject: Re: Thank You Notes

Written By: snozberries on 06/22/08 at 4:05 pm

I don't really like doing thank you notes either. In this electronic age email is just as easy  but... having said that I think its still expected especially if someone goes all out on your gift. 

For instance if some one gave me a DVD I might just say thanks but $100 gift card to  Amazon I might drop a card in the mail.

It also depends on the occasion... I could be wrong but I don't think Emily Post requires thank you cards for birthday gifts however, gifts for big events like graduation, wedding or baby shower might warrant the personal touch..

Subject: Re: Thank You Notes

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/22/08 at 5:29 pm

I'm old school.  Thank you notes are a way to express your gratitude for somebody thinking about you, enuf to go out of their way to get you a present.

Check for new replies or respond here...