inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is it time to call Amy Winehouse(?)DONE?

Written By: saver on 06/23/08 at 1:10 am

Was this a flash in the pan talent....now she continues to get word she's falling apart..My feeling, if she keeps it up, there are plenty of other talented people out there.

Which brings up the question..where's HANSON..oh, they are there but who's waiting for them? They are good talents but,.. Just wondering?? ???

Subject: Re: Is it time to call Amy Winehouse(?)DONE?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/23/08 at 1:26 am

Any winos?
???

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 06/23/08 at 1:36 am

They tried to make her go to rehab.

She said no, no, no.  :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/24/08 at 8:29 pm

I would certainly consider partying with her, as long as no alcoholic bevereges were involved...  :P

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/24/08 at 8:32 pm

I never really got Amy. I just don't know what to really say about her. I just think she needs to get her self better and clean herself up. She used to be really pretty. It's a shame. I hope she straightene's herself out.

Written By: Jessica on 06/24/08 at 11:07 pm

I never really got Amy. I just don't know what to really say about her. I just think she needs to get her self better and clean herself up. She used to be really pretty. It's a shame. I hope she straightene's herself out.

Easier said than done.  Despite being told that if she continues her ways, she will die (DUR!), she just doesn't seem to give a crap.  She's like every other addicted person out there....you can't help them unless THEY want the help.  Sad but true fact of life. :-\\

A shame, too.  I think she's really talented.

Written By: tv on 06/25/08 at 9:12 am

Easier said than done.  Despite being told that if she continues her ways, she will die (DUR!), she just doesn't seem to give a crap.  She's like every other addicted person out there....you can't help them unless THEY want the help.  Sad but true fact of life. :-\\

A shame, too.  I think she's really talented.
I heard she is doing better of late, her father was with her in the hospital and her father says she is doing well.. Yes she is very talented I think too.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/25/08 at 10:14 am

I think a close listen to her BACK TO BLACK album and her talent as a singer and (very clever) songwriter is more than apparent.
Such a bummer she spends so much of her time completely off her face to appreciate how much her music and obvious ability is loved and appreciated over here...but yeah she should be ashamed of herself for being almost incoherent at several of her UK gigs last year.
Wish she'd get a grip.

Written By: ninny on 06/25/08 at 10:27 am

She definitely needs to get a grip on her life..she's in a tailspin of self destruction,which usually gets worst before it hopefully  gets better(ala Boy George who has been denied a Visa to come to the United States)
The good part is she is only 24 and hopefully turn her life around and not end up like Janis Joplin.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/25/08 at 6:43 pm

She definitely has oodles of talent.  If she could only take control of her self-detructive tendencies she could really have a great, long career ahead of her.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/26/08 at 11:40 am

She definitely needs to get a grip on her life..she's in a tailspin of self destruction,which usually gets worst before it hopefully  gets better(ala Boy George who has been denied a Visa to come to the United States)
The good part is she is only 24 and hopefully turn her life around and not end up like Janis Joplin.

Yeah I agree Ninny and thought the same about her age, just such a shame she isn't lucid enough to enjoy her enormous success. She looks like a little doll on her album cover, soo pretty,  now she looks like a complete hag, it's tragic, but I also think she is still devastated after the break up with her love who was a really bad influence on her and she has sadly turned to booze and drugs.  She'll come back.

Written By: ninny on 06/26/08 at 12:14 pm

Yeah I agree Ninny and thought the same about her age, just such a shame she isn't lucid enough to enjoy her enormous success. She looks like a little doll on her album cover, soo pretty,  now she looks like a complete hag, it's tragic, but I also think she is still devastated after the break up with her love who was a really bad influence on her and she has sadly turned to booze and drugs.  She'll come back.

Having emphysema now is just another setback for her,that may end  her career

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/2191352/Amy-Winehouse's-emphysema-

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/08 at 12:23 pm

She is due to sing at the huge Nelson Mandela Concert in Hyde Park, London on Saturday, lets see first if she makes onto the stage.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/26/08 at 2:12 pm

Maye Amy's family should put her A&E's Intervention.

It might be beneficial to her. She needs to get clean, wash her face, wash her HAIR and eat something. She really needs help.  :-\\

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/26/08 at 4:49 pm

She is due to sing at the huge Nelson Mandela Concert in Hyde Park, London on Saturday, lets see first if she makes onto the stage.

as Ninny says the latest news put out to the media that she has emphysema is her get out clause for not doing that concert..it's very sad  :(

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/26/08 at 7:51 pm

Does anybody know who's filling Amy's place at the concert?

Michael Jackson? (I know he was friends with Mr. Mandela)

Prince?

Hmm?  ;D

But really, I think her condition is more than emphysema. I mean we ALL know that.  :( Poor Amy.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/27/08 at 7:28 am

Prince?

Hmm?  ;D

But really, I think her condition is more than emphysema. I mean we ALL know that.  :( Poor Amy.
No one is filling in for her because she will be there, singing a version of The Specials Free Nelson Mandela song. She even turned up for rehearsals.

Written By: Gis on 06/27/08 at 9:31 am

No one is filling in for her because she will be there, singing a version of The Specials Free Nelson Mandela song. She even turned up for rehearsals.
She's also still doing Glastonbury as well aparently.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/27/08 at 9:41 am

She's also still doing Glastonbury as well aparently.
It will be a busy weekend for her.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/27/08 at 5:23 pm

Prince?

Hmm?  ;D

either of those 2 would be great, but if AW is actually performing that's good news...anyway I'm keeping an eye open for when the Jacksons eventually decide to tour the UK..I'll be first in the queue for tickets

Written By: Paul on 06/27/08 at 5:47 pm

No one is filling in for her because she will be there, singing a version of The Specials Free Nelson Mandela song.

Hm...she's a bit late on that one!

Written By: ninny on 06/28/08 at 12:12 am

http://www.vh1.com/shared/promoimages/bands/w/winehouse_amy/mandela_062708/281x211.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/28/08 at 2:19 am

It should had been Ninety Nelson Mandela ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/28/08 at 5:08 pm

I did not see her on stage last night, but did at Glastonbury this evening, and something tells me that her singing of the lyrics to a song are quite not there.

Written By: Bobby on 06/28/08 at 5:09 pm

Heh heh,

I think it's to do with Mandela's birthday or something like that.

I just get this weird feeling that Winehouse will be another Janis Joplin.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/29/08 at 3:37 pm

this is the pic I think she looks really lovely/healthy in, yeah she's skinny but she's naturally thin
http://www.kindamuzik.net/gfx/amywinehouse-cvr-1106.JPG

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/29/08 at 3:40 pm

this is the pic I think she looks really lovely/healthy in, yeah she's skinny but she's naturally thin

http://991.com/newGallery/Amy-Winehouse-Back-To-Black-398353.jpg
What happened at the end of the Glastonbury gig?

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 06/29/08 at 3:44 pm

What happened at the end of the Glastonbury gig?

only bit I saw was with MarkRonson and some black girl rapper singing 'Valerie' (badly) presumably taking Amys place??

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/29/08 at 3:45 pm

only bit I saw was with MarkRonson and some black girl rapper singing 'Valerie' (badly) presumably taking Amys place??
That was more than I saw.

Is it on BBC iPlayer?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 06/29/08 at 5:21 pm

She is a good performer.  However I fear she'll end up being remembered as a druggie with a lot of talent, much like Jim Morrison.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/30/08 at 9:40 pm

http://991.com/newGallery/Amy-Winehouse-Back-To-Black-398353.jpg

I'd party with her...as long as she promised not to hit me or spit gum on me!
:-\\

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/01/08 at 9:07 am

last clip I saw of Amy was at Glastonbury, she was thumping an audience member for having the audacity to reach out and touch her as she mingled in with them,

not a good look Amy  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/01/08 at 10:30 am

last clip I saw of Amy was at Glastonbury, she was thumping an audience member for having the audacity to reach out and touch her as she mingled in with them,

So whatever happened, occrued off camera?

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/01/08 at 1:01 pm

So whatever happened, occrued off camera?

no you saw it all, the look on her face as she lashed out was terrible  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/26/08 at 5:41 am

no you saw it all, the look on her face as she lashed out was terrible   ::)
Is it on YouTube now?

Written By: Bobby on 07/26/08 at 11:57 am

Winehouse didn't realise it was the doctor taking her blood pressure.  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 09/20/08 at 7:59 pm

Amy Whinehouse makes Britney Spears look tame!

Written By: Gis on 09/21/08 at 3:57 am

Amy Whinehouse makes Britney Spears look tame!
Ah yes, noone can do drink and drugs quite like the British...............Apparently she is thinking of moving to the country because London is 'unhealthy'for her!  ::)

Written By: greenjello74 on 09/21/08 at 11:23 am

Such a waste of talent >:(

Written By: iquestion on 09/21/08 at 4:45 pm

Is anyone else surprised she made it to 25?

Written By: 80sfan on 09/21/08 at 5:16 pm

I didn't like her 'Rehab' song at first, but then it got stuck in my head and now it's kinda catchy. I really hope she gets it together, she has amazing talent. She has an old 1920's charm to her and her music. I wonder sometimes, though how she survived her childhood running around playing in the streets while cars could've hit her. She's so unstable and wild, I'm surprised she's lived for a quarter of a century! Lol.

Check for new replies or respond here...