inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Kanye West defends Soulja Boy in his blog

Written By: Brian06 on 06/24/08 at 2:09 am

I think Kanye just lost a lot of points in my book. Maybe Ice-T was a bit hard on the kid, but c'mon this kid's "music" is terrible and there's not much else you could say about it. Not only that Kanye went on and compared Soulja Boy to Nas  :o, you have got to be kidding me!  ::) I don't know if this is sarcasm or if Kanye is on something. What's he gonna do next compare D4L to Tupac?  8-P

http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/?em3106=196345_-1__0_~0_-1_6_2008_0_0&em3161=&em3281=

"That song was so dope cause everything he said had a hidden meaning... that's Nas level s***... he just put it over some steel drums which is also some Nas s*** if you had the 2nd album cassette with the bonus track "Silent Murder" on it."

Subject: Re: Kanye West defends Soulja Boy in his blog

Written By: Tanya1976 on 06/24/08 at 9:27 am

It went over your head. The song had a hidden meaning and despite it, people bought it, even grandmothers, which is hilarious since the meaning is nasty actually.

Written By: VegettoVa90 on 06/24/08 at 9:28 am

Comparing him to Nas is like comparing an Egg McMuffin to Lobster. One of them is cheesy, processed, and gets stale really quickly  8-P. The other is fresh, well known, and never gets old  :).

I don't care what anyone says about how harsh Ice-T was, he was right.

Written By: Brian06 on 06/24/08 at 9:44 am

It went over your head. The song had a hidden meaning and despite it, people bought it, even grandmothers, which is hilarious since the meaning is nasty actually.

I do know there's a hidden meaning to it because I had read about it before on the internet.

Written By: Red Ant on 06/24/08 at 3:37 pm

Which hidden meaning? The "superman dat hoe" (which would get Don Imus death threats had he uttered it) urbandictionary entry or the fact that the song sounds like an illiterate recording of "Eenie, Meenie, Miney Moe"?

http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/BlindsideDork/why-soulja-boy-sucks-and-should-be-stopped--67828.phtml

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not sure which is more insideous: a continuous reference to ejaculating on an unspecting woman's back and sticking the sheet to her or that millions of people consider Soulja Boy as 'good music'.

From Kanye's blog:

"Soulja boy is fresh ass hell and is actually the true meaning of what hip hop is sposed to be".

Thank you for that refreshing insight. Now, please return to third grade English class and try again.

Btw, Soulja Boy, the song is called "Cop Killer", not "F*** The Police".

Ant

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/24/08 at 10:20 pm

I don't really care much for either one of them, but Soulja Boy is horrible. I just don't see how "music" could get any worse.

Written By: whistledog on 06/24/08 at 11:27 pm

How Soljua Boy ever became popular just goes to show you that alot of today's music is total garbage if crap like that can chart

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/25/08 at 5:47 am

Which hidden meaning? The "superman dat hoe" (which would get Don Imus death threats had he uttered it) urbandictionary entry or the fact that the song sounds like an illiterate recording of "Eenie, Meenie, Miney Moe"?

http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/BlindsideDork/why-soulja-boy-sucks-and-should-be-stopped--67828.phtml

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not sure which is more insideous: a continuous reference to ejaculating on an unspecting woman's back and sticking the sheet to her or that millions of people consider Soulja Boy as 'good music'.

From Kanye's blog:

"Soulja boy is fresh ass hell and is actually the true meaning of what hip hop is sposed to be".

Thank you for that refreshing insight. Now, please return to third grade English class and try again.

Btw, Soulja Boy, the song is called "Cop Killer", not "F*** The Police".

Ant

Maybe Souja has started a new type of hiphop called bukkake hiphop.  ;D

Written By: tv on 06/25/08 at 8:46 am

How Soljua Boy ever became popular just goes to show you that alot of today's music is total garbage if crap like that can chart
There are corney songs every decade but your right todays music its not that good currently. The rest of his songs that were released as singles haven't been as big as "Crank That" which hit #1 I think on the Billboard Hot 100.

Written By: tv on 06/25/08 at 9:00 am

Kanye was using one song as an example of defending "Soulja Boy's" body of a work as a rapper. I have never heard of "Silent Murder" by Soulja Boy but I kinda disagree that Soulja Boy is a credible MC. I think Kanye is probably one of the best rappers of the past 5 years though. I don;t really care if Kanye whines at award shows-hey he makes great music to back up his whining.

As for Ice-T Ice-T said on "Center Stage" which is a show on YES where New York Yankees broadcaster Michael Kay interviews celebs and sports stars that rappers should rap what they want too but now he is criticizing Soulja Boy? I don;t understand that one.

Written By: Zeb on 07/14/08 at 10:58 am

Is this the part when I'm supposed to start giving a rat's ass?

Check for new replies or respond here...