inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Emo - How many genres?

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/24/08 at 8:27 pm

Exactly how many flavours of emo exist?  I see that VegettoVa90 has identfied plain-old emo as well as Pop Emo.

Are there any other types? ???

Subject: Re: Emo - How many genres?

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/24/08 at 10:02 pm

Exactly how many flavours of emo exist?  I see that VegettoVa90 has identfied plain-old emo as well as Pop Emo.

Are there any other types? ???

who knows? Check out the other 10 threads that have recently been created about this crap...maybe there will be an answer in one of them. ::)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 06/24/08 at 10:07 pm

I just see those two types. Emo is just like most types of music, it has a more serious type and the poppy more mainstream type. Regular emo tends to be bit harder sounding, and more depressing lyrically than some poppier emo songs with a lighter beat and lyrics.

Written By: whistledog on 06/24/08 at 11:28 pm

1 genre of Emo, and it's called total suckage :D

Written By: sonikuu on 06/25/08 at 1:34 am

Oh my god, why are Emo topics popping up again?  I haven't seen this much Emo topics since Donnie Darko and his strange love-hate relationship with Emo.  He hated it, but he sure loved to talk about it!

In all seriousness though, please stop.  Discuss this in one of the other topics instead.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/25/08 at 5:32 am

1 genre of Emo, and it's called total suckage :D

Thanks for clarifying this, whistle.  ;)

I haven't seen this much Emo topics since Donnie Darko and his strange love-hate relationship with Emo.  He hated it, but he sure loved to talk about it!

Is Donnie back under a different name? ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/25/08 at 8:09 am

Thanks for clarifying this, whistle.   ;)

Is Donnie back under a different name? ???

wouldn't be the first time, or the last.

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/08 at 8:10 am

Emo - How many genres?  More like how many threads?

There's 4 Emo threads back to back in this section ???

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 06/25/08 at 8:11 am

Emo - How many genres?  More like how many threads?

There's 4 Emo threads back to back in this section ???

I just never understood why ALL of these EMO topics couldn't just be discussed in ONE thread about EMO. This is what drove me crazy about the decadeology stuff. If they would have just kept it to ONE thread entitled, "decadeology".....then no one would have ever bitched about it...ya know?

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/08 at 8:12 am

^ exactly

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/25/08 at 6:45 pm

I just never understood why ALL of these EMO topics couldn't just be discussed in ONE thread about EMO. This is what drove me crazy about the decadeology stuff. If they would have just kept it to ONE thread entitled, "decadeology".....then no one would have ever bitched about it...ya know?

Perhaps we need one EMOlogy thread? ???

Written By: whistledog on 06/25/08 at 7:59 pm

Perhaps we need one EMOlogy thread? ???

Hey now, don't be givin' anyone ideas now ;D

Written By: Shlarin on 07/22/08 at 3:42 am

Dunno how many genres but I really don't like the type of emo where the guy is always screaming and (almost) crying.  I think it's called screamo or something.

Many bands, esp those with a punkish style tend to be labeled "emo" these days.  Ex: (what a friend told me): "Wtf, you like Fall Out Boy?  How can you like such an emo band?"  Then again, the "emo" label is throw around simply because someone doesn't like the band to begin with.  I've even heard of The Flaming Lips being thought of as emo.

Check for new replies or respond here...