inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Flashpoint

Written By: whistledog on 06/30/08 at 12:56 am

Anyone seen the promos for the new CBS series 'Flashpoint'?  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B478uVARKQg

Canadian actor Enrico Colantoni (whom you might remember from the shows 'Just Shoot Me' and 'Veronica Mars') stars as the leader of a Special Response Unit, a team of unique cops that help stop certain crimes in the city of Toronto that regular cops cannot.  It looks like an awesome show!  I do hope it survives in the ratings

The show also stars Amy Jo Johnson, whom you might remember as the Pink Ranger on 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers'

Flashpoint will be the first Canadian TV series to air on an American network in Prime Time since 'Due South' and will also be the first ever Canadian TV series set in Canada (Due South was set in Chicago) to air on an American network during prime time.  CBS bought the distribution rights for America, but the show was originally created for the CTV network Canada

Subject: Re: Flashpoint

Written By: whistledog on 09/07/09 at 8:37 pm

For all you fans of Flashpoint, the first season will hit stores October 13.  The Canadian and US version will have different packaging, and a Blu-Ray release will only be available in Canada

CANADA                                                          UNITED STATES
http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/Flashpoint_S1_CAN_DVD.jpg  http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/Flashpoint_S1_f.jpg

CANADA BLU-RAY
http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/Flashpoint_S1_CAN_BLU.jpg

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/07/09 at 11:00 pm

I like this show.... Its good.
I aslo remember Amy from Felicity..... I just loved that show too
Whens the new season start?

Written By: whistledog on 09/07/09 at 11:19 pm

Whens the new season start?

CBS has stated they will not air it until mid-season 2010.  If you are able to get a CTV Network, you won't have to wait that long as Season 3 is scheduled to premiere in Canada on September 25.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/07/09 at 11:35 pm

thanks, think u told me that before.... Whens Degrassi coming back btw, off topic I know.
I would love to be able to see Flashpoint but they wont show it on CTV where I live, they block it.  I live in Buffalo.
maybe I can catch it online?

Written By: whistledog on 09/08/09 at 9:27 am

thanks, think u told me that before.... Whens Degrassi coming back btw, off topic I know.
I would love to be able to see Flashpoint but they wont show it on CTV where I live, they block it.  I live in Buffalo.
maybe I can catch it online?

Not sure about Degrassi.  CTV has been blocked from your cable?
If CTV does re-air the episodes online, they would probably only be available for viewing in Canada due to country restrictions.

Written By: statsqueen on 09/08/09 at 2:14 pm

I wondered why CBS had a different show in its line up for fall.  This upsets me.  However, Hugh Dillon will be in a new series this fall (I was so surprised to see him, I didn't catch the name of it).

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/08/09 at 5:21 pm

The show is called Durham County, and is avialable on ION Network.

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/08/09 at 9:01 pm

Not sure about Degrassi.  CTV has been blocked from your cable?
If CTV does re-air the episodes online, they would probably only be available for viewing in Canada due to country restrictions.

Thats what it will be... Country restrictions... NO fair... LOL

Written By: whistledog on 09/08/09 at 9:06 pm

Thats what it will be... Country restrictions... NO fair... LOL

CBS is going to ruin a good show for it's American viewers.  Les Moonves needs to stop banging Julie Chen and get his head focused back on running CBS the way it should be ran.  When 'Flashpoint' returns to CBS in 2010, it will end up like just another 'Yes, Dear' or 'Still Standing' ... kicked around the network with delays or moves to new timeslots, fans of the show will never know when it is on :(

Written By: kellygoo72 on 09/08/09 at 10:02 pm

LOL... so true... Graphic and True.... Besides, I hate to admit it but, I liked Yes Dear... That show really grew on me.

Written By: statsqueen on 09/10/09 at 12:10 pm

The show is called Durham County, and is avialable on ION Network.

Thanks, Jamie.  Now I remember why I was excited and bummed out all at the same time.  I saw the preview on ION--which my parents get on Dish, but which I don't get with my cable provided.  :(

Written By: snozberries on 09/13/09 at 8:50 pm

Thanks, Jamie.  Now I remember why I was excited and bummed out all at the same time.  I saw the preview on ION--which my parents get on Dish, but which I don't get with my cable provided.   :(

If you had directv like a certain SF you'd get that and more.... your parents need to switch too!  ;)

Written By: statsqueen on 09/17/09 at 11:30 am

If you had directv like a certain SF you'd get that and more.... your parents need to switch too!  ;)

lol  Too cute.  They had Direct, too many hassles/issues.  At least I can watch it when I go over there.

I can't switch...got my internet bundled w/ cable and Dish doesn't do that.  :P ::)

Written By: snozberries on 09/17/09 at 2:15 pm

lol  Too cute.  They had Direct, too many hassles/issues.  At least I can watch it when I go over there.

I can't switch...got my internet bundled w/ cable and Dish doesn't do that.  :P ::)

directv offers internet!  :P :P :P

Written By: statsqueen on 09/17/09 at 3:00 pm

directv offers internet!  :P :P :P

Show off!  And yeah, I realized after I posted that it was Dish that could only send me to companies that were outrageously priced.  Thanks!!  :P ::)

Ugh, just went to the link you provided.  They provide it through Wild Blue.  Pass.  Thanks for the trouble to find and post it for me though, Q!  That is appreciated.

Written By: whistledog on 10/16/09 at 8:59 am

Picked up a copy of 'Season 1' and it is awesome!  Had to get it on DVD (which I would have anyway) as the Blu-Ray release has been delayed.  I can hardly wait for Season 3 to begin airing!

Know know what's awesome that I had totally forgotten about?

Hugh Dillon is from my hometown 8)

http://206.47.170.43/channels/images/HughDillonART456.jpg

Written By: limblifter on 10/16/09 at 5:01 pm

My girlfriend got me into this show, and I love it. Hugh is a great actor. He was great in Hard Core Logo alongside my favourite actor Callum Keith Rennie. And don't get me started on The Headstones, great band.

Written By: whistledog on 02/03/10 at 8:25 pm

For those of you in America who crave the Flashpoint Season 2 that CBS apparently decided not to air (or maybe they did, I lost track), you can just get the DVD on March 23.  In Canadian stores, and available online at Amazon.ca 8)

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/Flashpoint_S2V1_CAN_f.jpg

Written By: whistledog on 02/03/10 at 8:36 pm

Oh, and just for a bit of trivia.  The guy to the left of Hugh Dillon .. if you ever wonder where you saw him before .. he played the lottery winner in 'Final Destination 2'.

Written By: snozberries on 02/03/10 at 9:17 pm

For those of you in America who crave the Flashpoint Season 2 that CBS apparently decided not to air (or maybe they did, I lost track), you can just get the DVD on March 23.  In Canadian stores, and available online at Amazon.ca 8)

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/Flashpoint_S2V1_CAN_f.jpg

I think we got all of season two... tho the last two eps don't sound familiar.  We didn't get season three. 

Check for new replies or respond here...