inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ghostbusters video game

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/06/08 at 10:42 am

The original cast of the movie, Ghostbusters is getting together to create a new video game....all but one cast member. Is it Bill Murray...no, Is it Dan Aykroyd...no....it's none other than Rick Moranis. He supposedly doen't "need" the money. Ok..since when is it all about the money..what about getting back together with old cast members...for old time's sake? ::)

Anyway...the game looks like it will be cool. 8)

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/playback/playback-3/1225155?cid=8654124

Subject: Re: Ghostbusters video game

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/06/08 at 11:53 am

Yes, I am really looking forward to this game. It looks really fun, and I have also heard that through the various in-game cutscenes it's basically going to be like a "Ghostbusters III" that we never got to see. 8)

It's great the original cast got back together again, but it is too bad Moranis didn't join them. I have always been a purist when it comes to this sort of thing, so it would have been nice to see him in the fold as  well. :-\\

Written By: VegettoVa90 on 07/06/08 at 2:05 pm

I love Ghostbusters, and the previews look good, but I'm still a bit skeptical...

Pretty much every game based on a movie sucks (except Star Wars and pretty much any super hero movie...other than Superman 64  8-P) and vice versa. I don't know, there's no doubt it's got potential  8)

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/06/08 at 3:04 pm

I'm also worried the game could end up being bad. I used to fall for the old "game based on a movie" trick all the time, especially when I was a kid (like wasting a whole birthday present on the "Back To The Future" video game  8-P).

Hopefully, since this is based on an old movie and not a current one, they will have alot more time to make a great game since there not on a tight production schedule like alot of movie games tend to be.

Written By: whistledog on 07/06/08 at 7:35 pm

It's not like Rick Moranis is a main character.  They could just do a new storyline without the Louis character.  Still though, without him, it wouldn't be the same

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/06/08 at 11:24 pm

Ya..it would have been cool to have Rick Moranis included in the mix. I was reading up on him and discovered that a few years ago he cut a country album...he doesn't have that bad of a voice! Also...I was not aware that his wife passed away of cancer, in the early 90's...how sad. :(

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/07/08 at 4:39 pm

Maybe he just has other priorities...

If the four main Ghostbusters are in it, that's good enough for me :D

Written By: pimpag on 07/08/08 at 4:42 am

Wow this is news to me, so thank you :D i'm quite excited now, i used to love the ghostbusters but come on... Let's get an awesome thomas the tank engine game! Lmao :P

Check for new replies or respond here...