inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Queen Bees on the N

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/08 at 9:46 pm

I don't even have to ask I know most of you are not watching this but this series annoys me... okay the girls on this series annoy me.

the premise is X number of girls move into a house to win $25,000
The girls are about 18, and think they are competing to be the biggest diva/be-yachh in the house
The truth is the question is which one of them can change (in a positive way) the most.

Essentially think Paris, Nicole (Richie), Lindsay .....  girls who think the world was created billions of years ago just so that they could exist on it now  ::)

Question....is it really possible for these girls to learn humility and sincerity in such a short time? Especially when there's a nice payday at the end of the day?

Question 2.....how do parents allow their kids to get to this point? I blame reality TV, paparazzi, and all those sweet 16 shows from a couple of years ago.

UGH this'll be hard to watch....because the girls are annoying on soooo many levels but curiosity is going to keep me watching....

they are nominated by someone close to them..... my favorite intro...  "This is Chavan. She's my sister and the biggest bitch I've ever met.....and that's why I'm nominating her for Queen Bees."  ;D

Subject: Re: Queen Bees on the N

Written By: snozberries on 07/11/08 at 9:59 pm

This thread may wind up being me commenting on this show... that's fine by me

Dang these girls a 8itchy  reallly really 8itchy

I love the twist tho... tonite you participate in a beauty pageant

"I'm gonna win this cuz I look hot!"

here come the judges.....oops the judges are blind.....but how are they gonna know how beautiful I am!  ::)

you girls are gonna have to rely on your personality..... hmmmm some of them don't even know what that means

speaking of not understanding the question....

JUDGE: What is your best quality?
CAMILLE: Um I'm from Texas so I deer hunt and I can skin a deer. 

ummmm okay...... oh Joel Mchale could do an entire episode of the Soup on this show.

Written By: gibbo on 07/12/08 at 8:27 am

Sounds like watching a car crash/wreck... :o  So, unbelievable that you couldn't stop once started!  Hope it doesn't get picked up over here..

But I don't mind reading your witty take on events.... ;)

Written By: snozberries on 07/12/08 at 11:33 am

Sounds like watching a car crash/wreck... :o  So, unbelievable that you couldn't stop once started!  Hope it doesn't get picked up over here..

But I don't mind reading your witty take on events.... ;)

cool...

so the best part is - this is a reality show where participants don't get voted off.

They can decide if they want to stay in the house and decide to try to change.

But the ratings are the fun part.... they get stars... like the gold stars we'd get in grade school

Do well and you get a star.  Act catty and get a star taken away

All the girls got a star just for being in the house  ::)

Two girls earned a second star
Four girls stayed at one star
One girl lost her star

no one chose to leave ...yet

The girl lost her star because she said something about how stupid the beauty pageant was because the judges were blind so they couldn't see how beautiful she was.....yeah...that was kinda the point stupid!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/08 at 5:15 pm

Joel McHale on The Soup:

"I have a new favorite show, it’s called Queen Bees.  The cattyist , most awful girls in America are shipped by their friends and family  to live in a house and be awful to each other."

Written By: snozberries on 07/24/08 at 5:20 pm

ah the show wasn't as entertaining this week.... they are some evil bitches tho...

The girls are good at making fun of other people so the new challenge is to make fun of themselves in front of an audience….how do they material for the challenge? Stand up one at a time and make fun of each other!  ::)

My favorite observations....

about Shavon
She looks like a cracked out Naomi Campbell.

about Kiana
She walks like a drag queen.

and then later one of the girls says "You don’t want to use too many big words"
the other QB..."Overcompensating is not a big word!”

The best part are the shots of the QBs trying to look concerned when one gets dumped by her best friend.

Written By: gibbo on 07/24/08 at 9:54 pm

Sounds like these broads are pretty shallow..... ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/08 at 7:35 pm

Sounds like these broads are pretty shallow..... ;D

;D you don't even know the half of it. Think Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, the girls from Mean girls and all those spoiled brats on my super sweet 16 and then mix them all together and multiply by 7.  I really can't explain the appeal but I am sucked in.

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/08 at 7:57 pm

Gisbelle talks about her faking a pregnancy & then a miscarriage to get her boyfriend to spoil her

I kept that lie for about 4 months and then I was really sad because I had a “miscarriage” and we were both greefing (grieving) Ha Ha Ha but it worked out fine because I ended up getting what I wanted.

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/08 at 7:57 pm

Someone brings up the subject of GEDs and “Yale” vs Community College… and the debate is on!

Blonde Bimbo (I don’t know her name)…
I have my GED I’m going for my doctorate’s degree! 
I have a good reason for my mom taking me out of school because they did blood tests at my school and 80% of the blood was with HIV or drugs.

Some other girl off camera “What’s a GED?”

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/08 at 7:58 pm

The QBs on “Ugly People”
I see someone ugly I don’t want to be friends with them they’re going to make me look bad.

I do have ugly friends but I don’t go out with them at night.

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/08 at 8:15 pm

Another favorite quote from the third episode

One of the blondes trying to explain to Shavon why she lost a star on the last episode...

Sometimes Shavon it’s just like little things. Like- I see that like you wanna like be in like the front all the time. Like, I don’t know if like anyone else has observed that but like-like you just always want to be like right there like in the center and everything. 

that's like 10 likes....do you know how many times I had to watch that clip to get the exact quote? Ugh I need an aspirin

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/08 at 8:27 pm

Stassi reflects on her relationship with her mom….

It’s just like my mom’s going through a hard time right now and all I did was say,”Mom all you do is think about yourself because you’re in a new job right now and it’s all about you”
And I didn’t think of - my mom is kind of going through a divorce right now.
My mom doesn’t have anyone
My mom just moved from New Orleans to California because she lost her house in the hurricane…and all I can think about is how “you’re not being the right way to me…”

The other girls are writhing in boredom as Stassi tells her story and then one gets up and walks out…. What a drama queen!

Gisbelle "Why'd she run out of the room? Because we weren't talking about her?"  ::)  (okay that was a pretty astute observation.

Written By: gibbo on 07/27/08 at 4:52 am

They can't be like that for real...surely the producers have told them to be that way. Tell me that's the case and people like this do not actually exist.....No, Please Q ...tell me it's not truuuuueeeee :o

Written By: snozberries on 07/27/08 at 10:36 am

They can't be like that for real...surely the producers have told them to be that way. Tell me that's the case and people like this do not actually exist.....No, Please Q ...tell me it's not truuuuueeeee :o

I'm sure some of it is for the cameras  but, yeah, I hate to say that there are some girls who somehow got the idea that being superficial is acceptable.

I live in a college town and it seems, just from the snippets of conversation I hear this mentality and manner of speaking is becoming more prevalent. 

Sorry for the multiple posts it was easier to isolate specific moments in individual posts otherwise how could you possibly tell one moment from the next. 

Written By: wildcard on 07/27/08 at 11:47 am

Besides the girls being annoying,  this show seems oblivious to reality in which I don't care.  I have a life to start eventually and I'm not wasting a second on a show like this.

Written By: snozberries on 07/27/08 at 11:53 am

Besides the girls being annoying,  this show seems oblivious to reality in which I don't care.  I have a life to start eventually and I'm not wasting a second on a show like this.

I such watch it because its fun to watch shallow people being stupid without having to visualize all the diseases they might be exchanging like they do on those so-called dating shows.

Written By: wildcard on 07/27/08 at 7:47 pm

I such watch it because its fun to watch shallow people being stupid without having to visualize all the diseases they might be exchanging like they do on those so-called dating shows.

Have fun then if thats your fun.   

Check for new replies or respond here...