inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Strange but common thoughts we must have had...

Written By: saver on 07/13/08 at 9:36 pm

Was up late night recently watching that 'EXTRA LONG' infomercial on songs/cd's from the 60's caled FLOWER POWER.

They would play snippets of the new mastered CD'S to sell and as they play the songs you would see clips from the 60's  groups performing a line or two from them actually onm a clip from the 60's

The STRANGE THOUGHT:  (If/When you've see it next time- look at the performer and think of where they were 'career wise' at the time and think- 'THAT PERSON NEVR EVEN HEARD OF MADONNA AT THAT TIME!'OR MANY YEARS FROM THEN SOMEONE NAMED MADONNA WILL BE A FAMOUS SINGER- any future known star of today...VERRRRY FREAKY TRIP!....

Kind of like the thoughts I had when Frank Sinatra and John Denver died..NEITHER were around to see NY go up in ashes! 

TIME MARCHES ON!!

Subject: Re: Strange but common thoughts we must have had...

Written By: midnite on 07/16/08 at 10:47 pm

LOL.  I have thought that before with athletes and some musicians.  For example, when I watch old clips of athletes who were great, at their time, I can't help but think about current stars who are better.  Like when I watch old clips of Terry Bradshaw or Dr. J, I compare them against Michael Jordan and Peyton Manning and say to myself - these guys had no idea that someone much better was going to come along.

Subject: Re: Strange but common thoughts we must have had...

Written By: saver on 07/16/08 at 10:56 pm

LOL.   I have thought that before with athletes and some musicians.  For example, when I watch old clips of athletes who were great, at their time, I can't help but think about current stars who are better.  Like when I watch old clips of Terry Bradshaw or Dr. J, I compare them against Michael Jordan and Peyton Manning and say to myself - these guys had no idea that someone much better was going to come along.

The again, looking at it from the music standpoint...we still have radio stations playing 50's early 60, music and this is some 53 years after the original recording was done!

Notice we've seen tons of bands come, go and stay and some even tried to 're-do' 50's/60's music and yet the originals sound better in cases..i.e. 'Lion Sleeps Tonight' redone by Robert John, but we still get into the Tokens version.

Leif Garrett in Runaround Sue remake not clicked, when redone.

Sports,people get faster and stronger through evolution, better training/mind set. But too when another player breaks the record, more runs etc. or thropwn farther..just think in 15 years how fast people will be!

Check for new replies or respond here...