inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Will The Halo Video Game Series Ever Be Looked At With A Nostalgic Feeling?

Written By: Nintendo 64 on 07/26/08 at 12:41 pm

The reason I'm asking this is because because when I play Halo: Combat Evolved, I get a somewhat warm, nostalgic feeling because of memories I had of it back then.

Subject: Re: Will The Halo Video Game Series Ever Be Looked At With A Nostalgic Feeling?

Written By: sonikuu on 07/26/08 at 2:33 pm

Anything can become nostalgic.  Halo definitely will.  Grand Theft Auto will too.  Heck, I already see some people being nostalgic over Vice City, which came out in 2002.

Subject: Re: Will The Halo Video Game Series Ever Be Looked At With A Nostalgic Feeling?

Written By: VegettoVa90 on 07/26/08 at 6:26 pm

I'm incredibly nostalgiac for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, which pretty much defined shooters during the decade before Halo, so I can definitely see Halo becoming just as much of a nostalgia thing as those.

Written By: Brian06 on 07/26/08 at 6:33 pm

Of course Halo is a huge and much loved game so I definitely see it becoming nostalgic for many. I remember getting Halo 1 the day when the first xbox launched back in 2001.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/26/08 at 9:50 pm

Sure there will be nostalgia for the Halo series and other various video game series from this decade.

It can catch up with you pretty quick too. It was bad enough when I started getting nostalgic playing my NES, Super Nintendo and even Genesis about 6 or so years ago, but lately I've even started to get nostalgic for the early 3D games like Crash Bandicoot and Super Mario 64.

Of course Halo is a huge and much loved game so I definitely see it becoming nostalgic for many. I remember getting Halo 1 the day when the first xbox launched back in 2001.

I totally remember that too. I was still stuck with the old standbys at that time (mostly playing N64 and SNES), but a friend of mine decided to pick up an Xbox and Halo during launch week and we all went over and played it. I had never really cared for FPS games before that, but Halo just blew me away the first time I played it.

The only problem was, we had just started high school a few weeks earlier, so playing time was severely limited. ;)

Written By: whistledog on 07/27/08 at 9:17 pm

I've never played Halo before, so it won't be nostalgic for me :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/29/08 at 11:52 am

Halo 1 was probably the hardest singleplayer.  Halo 2 and Halo 3 had more features which made the singleplayer campaign a lot easier to deal with.

Written By: Bobby on 07/30/08 at 6:26 am

I think Halo definitely will be looked at with a nostalgic feeling as it defined a computer generation and I agree with Sonikuu that Grand Theft Auto will be next.

Check for new replies or respond here...