inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Shia LaBeouf arrested for drinking-driving

Written By: ninny on 07/27/08 at 11:26 pm

Shia La Beouf, 22 co-star of Indiana Jones and former star of Even Stevens,was in a 3 car accident Sunday morning and placed under arrest for drunk driving. This is Shia 2 timed this year he was arrested for public intoxication.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/people/shia-labeouf-arrested-for-drinkdriving/2008/07/28/1217097095585.html

Subject: Re: Shia LaBeouf arrested for drinking-driving

Written By: whistledog on 07/28/08 at 12:08 am

Dang, and here I thought he had a good career ahead of him.  Soemthing like this, fans might not forget so easily :-\\

I still think he is a good actor though.  The first thing I ever saw him in was 'The Battle of Shaker Heights' which was a fantastic film! :)

Written By: saver on 07/28/08 at 12:39 am

Will Hollywood FINALLY let a kid actor throw their career away for once to use as a precedent/example?

We have another Nick Nolte in the making and this is the time to 'snuff' the wick at the start!

Does this mean we'll see Mr. Spielberg-a supporter of Shia's talent- turn his back on him or 'direct him'  to a celeb rehab that everyone else went to and still came out messed up?

FILE THIS ONE UNDER:    Same old Sh**! >:(     

Written By: ladybug316 on 07/28/08 at 12:42 am

Will Hollywood FINALLY let a kid actor throw their career away for once to use as a precedent/example?

We have another Nick Nolte in the making and this is the time to 'snuff' the wick at the start!

Does this mean we'll see Mr. Spielberg-a supporter of Shai's talent- turn his back on him or 'direct him'  to a celeb rehab that everyone else went to and still came out messed up?

Nick Nolte  ::) ;D.  By the way, Mr. Spielberg is also a fan of Drew Barrymore's talent and she turned out okay, all things considered.  As for Shia, I hate to sound desensitized, but I'm not surprised.

Written By: saver on 07/28/08 at 12:58 am

Nick Nolte  ::) ;D.  By the way, Mr. Spielberg is also a fan of Drew Barrymore's talent and she turned out okay, all things considered.  As for Shia, I hate to sound desensitized, but I'm not surprised.

Drew also had needed a break as she went through her 'drinking' phase..(thinking Steven S. stepped in to help, but unless he wants to be the counsellor to the young misfits, and step up to talk with Shia,)sounds as if we'll be hearing more about Mr. L, now that he's box office recognized...

Written By: ninny on 07/28/08 at 8:16 am

I was a little surprised when he was arrested the first time..mainly because my daughter grew up watching him on Even Stevens and the movie Holes, but I guess like other former teen stars the lifestyle has caught up to him. It is a shame because I think he has a bright future.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/28/08 at 10:01 am

This is a shame. This is a talented kid who has a great career already happening...and probably tons of things in the works for the future. He needs to shape up and not ruin the good that he has.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/28/08 at 3:09 pm

Any relation to Sleepy?
8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/28/08 at 6:38 pm

Yeah, I am getting tired of these young stars who have the world by the 'nads, and then selfishly squander it all by drink and drug.

Worst of all are the ones like Michael Hutchence or Heath Ledger, who end up orphaning their children (or at least leaving them without a father) due to the drugs or other such nonsense.  Then to make matters worse people try to beatify them after they do this stuff.

An Oscar for Heath?  Hell no.  Guy abandoned his kids out of love for drugs. 

So... if Shia is gonna flush his life down the crapper, let's hope he does it before he spawns.

Written By: midnite on 07/28/08 at 7:01 pm

Remember, these stars dont have day jobs.  Therefore they party all the time.  If you are partying 4 nights a week and have the big ego celebrities have, then things are going to happen.

Written By: saver on 07/28/08 at 7:53 pm

Yeah, I am getting tired of these young stars who have the world by the 'nads, and then selfishly squander it all by drink and drug.

Worst of all are the ones like Michael Hutchence or Heath Ledger, who end up orphaning their children (or at least leaving them without a father) due to the drugs or other such nonsense.  Then to make matters worse people try to beatify them after they do this stuff.

An Oscar for Heath?  Hell no.  Guy abandoned his kids out of love for drugs. 

So... if Shia is gonna flush his life down the crapper, let's hope he does it before he spawns.

Big surprise for me this year was to hear (add to the list)... the late Brad Renfro fathered a kid in Japan(hidden from Hollywood).

Written By: tv on 07/29/08 at 2:35 pm

Looks like Shia got sucked up by the "Hollywood Style". Hey maybe Lindsay Lohan can give Shia some advice now that Lindsay looks like she's past the "Hollywood lifestyle" at least for now anyway.

Written By: ninny on 07/29/08 at 5:14 pm

Update.Sheriff says that Shia LaBeouf was not the cause of the accident,he was in the wrong place at the wrong time with a high blood alcohol level..But his DUI still counts
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b148330_sheriff_shia_labeouf_not_blame_in_car.html

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/29/08 at 6:44 pm

"Shia LaBoeuf"... sounds like something you'd say right before you blow chunks...  ;D

Written By: saver on 07/29/08 at 8:31 pm

Remember, these stars dont have day jobs.  Therefore they party all the time.  If you are partying 4 nights a week and have the big ego celebrities have, then things are going to happen.

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(LEAVE SHIA ALONE, HE CAN HELP IT IF HE'S A STAR AND WANTS TO BE A NORMAL KID....(sob),...HE HAS NO FRIENDS TAHT MAKE AS MUCH AS HE DOES AND THE JONAS BROTHERS JUST BOUGHT A $2.? MILLION HOUSE AND THEY CAN'T EVEN SING...LEAVE SHIA ALONE....PLEEEEASEE (sob,sob,sob)... :\'( 

Written By: Gis on 08/01/08 at 3:12 am

According to the news it wasn't his fault, the other driver has been charged not him.

Written By: ninny on 08/01/08 at 7:52 am

According to the news it wasn't his fault, the other driver has been charged not him.

Yes see reply #12,it wasn't his fault but because he was drinking he still is being charged with DUI.

Check for new replies or respond here...